Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dwarniel

Eckhart Tolle on Russell Brands Podcast (new)

13 posts in this topic

Just gonna leave this here. Enjoy

Also, can we please get Leo on Under the Skin? K, thanks

...But what if the opposite is true?

Is it good? Saw this, but haven't checked it out yet.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

This was great ! Eckhart is so good at explaining the tricks and devilry of the ego.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:52 AM, Max_V said:

Is it good? Saw this, but haven't checked it out yet.

I think so yes. Russell did a very good job as well ;)

...But what if the opposite is true?

I'm about halfway through. If you've read or watched a lot of Eckhart before there likely wont be much you haven't heard before here, but I think this podcast would make a great introduction to his teaching.

He's got such a gentle and relaxing way of describing things, listening to Tolle is like spiritual ASMR.

I listened to the whole thing and I have to say, this was a great podcast. If you're into spirituality, it's basically nothing new, but you can still find some golden nuggets in it.

Edited by nistake

I loved this video because it has answered some of my questions, nothing new, ofc.:x Read two of his books.

One peculiarity though... when he is talking about "falling below" thinking, that borderline state between being awake and falling asleep. This state of consciousness has always fascinated me. when realized, I am trying to hold it as much as I can, but when doing it, always waking up. This is my little meditation. xD

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

I found Tolle was nervous and was stumbling. It's a bit weird that he gets into politics for a guy who is living in the now. He may try to create a brand like Sadhguru who has an opinion on everything.

He's not nervous lol. He has little/no self, he said he doesn't even really feel excitement anymore.

I've watched a lot of his interviews and he rarely ever brings up politics, when he does it's in a general abstract way so as not to say anything that offends anyone. He does maintain that he thinks humanity will self destruct unless there is a worldwide enlightenment.

On 14.7.2020 at 0:20 PM, Raze said:

He's not nervous lol. He has little/no self, he said he doesn't even really feel excitement anymore.

I've watched a lot of his interviews and he rarely ever brings up politics, when he does it's in a general abstract way so as not to say anything that offends anyone. He does maintain that he thinks humanity will self destruct unless there is a worldwide enlightenment.

He was excited that is why he stumbled. He excused himself because he talked too much. He said that the work of Russell is very important. A guy without ego does not say something like that I guess. Then he talks quite a bit about politics. 

I don't believe these guys "without" ego.

1 hour ago, Epikur said:

He was excited that is why he stumbled. He excused himself because he talked too much. He said that the work of Russell is very important. A guy without ego does not say something like that I guess. Then he talks quite a bit about politics. 

I don't believe these guys "without" ego.

Yeah, but that's because your own ego is getting in the way. You're making many assumptions.

>he was excited that is why he stumbled

how do you know this? What is he excited about? Talking to russell brand? Kind of weird since he's worked with many high profile celebrities and he and Russell are friends who have talked to each other for years. He's stuttered in many videos and he also blinks rapidly, those are just physiological functions.

>he excused himself because he talked too much. He said that the work of Russell is very important.

I don't understand what the problem with being polite is.

>Then he talks quite a bit about politics.

He didn't really talk that much about it, and it's not like he's picking a side or something. 

Edited by Raze

@Raze

In 21.52 he talks about race and the stumbling gets stronger. I think he knows he is on a minefield :)

In this one he talks a lot about politics. About genocides, feminism, world war. Sounds almost like Sadhguru a bit:

http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth.info/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13976

Over the years I have had some bad experiences on spiritual forums, the funny thing is, or ironic, is that we are supposed to be a bunch of spiritual people getting together to converse things.

However, many times, at least from what I have witnessed and experienced firsthand myself, peoples egos are the biggest and strongest on spiritual forums. And sometimes, these forums attracts

those who might even be termed "evil" or "cruel" getting pleasure in manipulation and hurting people.