Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Red Examples Mega-Thread

1,094 posts in this topic

The villain from Pan's Labyrinth is stereotypical Red:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Definitely one of my favourite movies.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Mystery from the book The Game. He was a massive stage Red narcissist.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

What makes you say he was red? He seems like a typical stage orange dude that wants to bang a lot of chicks?

5 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

What makes you say he was red? He seems like a typical stage orange dude that wants to bang a lot of chicks?

No, he's less than typical.

Read the book. He was a deeply dysfunctional narcissist. A mix of Red & Orange.

Healthy Red (I know Elliott is not Red) but demanding respect, setting boundaries and being straight forward with bullies is a very healthy Red. Unhealthy Red would probably go Pesci on his friend and beat the shit out of him. ;) 

Another. 

Edited by Rilles

Fats PUTIN. When Leo brought up Putin in the full Red video released last night, it reminded me of this. Somewhat healthy and at least at times functional mix of Red and Blue. What Trump wishes he was. Note the subtle and yet totally obvious chest puffing and display of complete dominance.

@1:40, even Putin knows how important open mindedness is *wink wink*

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Huh, funny; just watched it yesterday.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That's some great storytelling skill! First time i saw him in a video.

I remember Tyler in one of his freetour videos talking about how there is two paths for a MPUA to take, one you can become lose all your outcome dependence and completely self-validating, the other path is to do the opposite and become extremely validation seeking and be amazing at making people (mostly women) give you validation and he said that's the path Mistery took, he was insanely good at making people validate him.

Yandere: anime trope where a woman is so in love with her love interest to where she is willing to kill him or kill for him so she could have him for herself

Hunger games: I'm mainly referring to the games themselves where the kids fight to the death for the entertainment for the wealthy

Fire lord ozai from avatar the last airbender: he challenged his son to a duel for being disrespectful after his son spoke out in a military meeting. That ended with him burning half of his sons face and him banishing his son. He also has statues around his kingdom where is depicted as this all powerful strong leader

Princess Azula: she was the fire lord's daughter who was very cunning and brutal. The quote that came to mind when I was thinking of her in terms of the spiral is when she says "trust is for fools, fear is the only reliable way." She was raised to be a cold blooded killer by her father. I think her character arc, especially her mental breakdown is a good depiction of how red is created from circumstance rather than inborn psychopathy.

State building during the middle ages: basically during the middle ages, there were a bunch of warlords in europe that went around conquering places. It became in peoples best interest to start paying taxes and band together with one warlord so that they can get some type of military protection from other warlords. These turned into kingdoms and its important because the strongest kingdoms eventually evolved into the states that we see as the european countries today

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

Conspiracy theory that this actually happened.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

Red to Blue transitition. There are ridiculous amounts of these examples, I've heard them personally many times in church as a kid. 

Edited by Rilles

Tuco is prototypical Red. Reckless, angry, unpredictable and violent. 

How stage red people solve conflicts

https://www.cda.pl/video/3202178d8

Then they took this guy and:

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk