Kevin Dunlop

Why Isn't Leo Enlightened Yet? Any Helpful Ideas?

112 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Kevin Dunlop said:

Can someone be enlightened and not know it? 

Yes. All of us are enlightened. Most of us don't 'know' it.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Joe Schmoe there's nothing there. but do you even imagine what nothing can be? that's why it shouldn't be dismissed

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@Joe Schmoe Yes, enlightenment has stages and Leo is where the map is at. I'm not saying Leo will give me the map. But at least he can help us how to get the map. 

We cannot rely on others to become enlightened, but we can't ignore the fact that we need help sometimes.

Enlightenment is no more than the realization that everything is driven by one unified field of consciousness. That realization happens by tapping into that primordial field through the practice of silencing the mind.  So who can't experience enlightenment?  But the big hurdle is staying in that state of unity at all times and under all circumstances. When the silence finally prevails at all times over the noise of mind, that's full enlightenment or bliss consciousness. Of course that is much easier said than done when living day to day in the real world and the reason so many end up going into seclusion.

Obviously his ego is invested in being this Youtube Guru. There needs to be a willingness to let go of everything. If enlightenment means you become a bum living in the streets and sucking dick for 2 dollar Mcdonalds coupons, that ought to be 100% acceptable and okay. There can be no attachment at all to all your romantic stories about an "actualized life" nor becoming some "enlightened saint".

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Joe Schmoe you're probably overestimating what enlightened people know. most of what is said is no more than a educated guess. that's why nobody can tell you the truth, at most that would be doing people a disservice and sending them back on a crazy chase. it's much more productive to just mess up with our minds until they can open up enough to see it. wanna know what you can do? sit in a couch and don't get up until you find the observer

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@Joe Schmoe Anything that is perceived or seen is discarded. Total stillness and emptiness is everything- and nothing at the same time.

1 minute ago, Joe Schmoe said:

In my opinion you're wrong. There's way more than nothing and emptiness out there 

you see, thats why you need radical openmindedness. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Schmoe said:

@Lorenzo EngelWhat do you mean by finding the observer? Describe this? If you can.

you currently believe you are a observer (i assume). what i'm telling you to do is: find that observer. and i'll give you a hint, if you say 'i found it, its that thing' or 'this thing', notice that whatever you said was the observer actually was a observation. so you gotta be persistent, and don't discard the possibility of there not being a observer

@Joe Schmoe Do you realize yet that all this is no more than two minds reflecting their personal illusions off each other? Mind is mind, a magic trick to keep you enthralled in the show.

2 hours ago, Joe Schmoe said:

@Emerald Wilkins that was really nice. Don't take this the wrong way, it sounded like you took a trip to me. While some of the godly birds eye feelings and views you might have experienced are like to which enlightenment @Zephyr Is speaking of. That's just a tip of the iceberg and is nothing more than a child's play thing. And enlightenment is way more than a feeling of uncontrollable  happiness or love or for a lack of better words hippie connectivity to mother nature.

Certainly there were aspects that were just a trip. I was seeing things and feeling things that I'm pretty sure isn't experienced by someone who is enlightened. But I don't know. All I know is that my past experiences match with the descriptions I've heard of enlightenment with the letting go of the personal self, end of seeking, equanimity, oneness, heightened awareness, no fear of death, and unconditional love. But it wasn't just joy, it was every emotion. Have you had an awakening yourself? Or do you just believe the last two sentences of your message to be true based on what you've learned about enlightenment? It's an easy trap to fall in and I fall in it all the time. Don't dismiss anything, as there really is no way to enlightenment.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Joe SchmoejThis needs to be directly experienced.  If you want to know what it really feels like to sky dive you will have to jump from a plane.

Edited by cetus56

image.jpeg

@Joe Schmoe :D Even if a person tells the truth, most of us just can't get it. I don't think enlightened people hid themselves, I think they just wanna keep their mouth shut (most of the time) because people won't understand what they have to say. 

@Joe Schmoe Serious though. Give us a hint with the secret knowledge you possess.

1 hour ago, Joe Schmoe said:

@Emerald Wilkins what I've experienced is quite different from what most speak of on this forum. I think most are speaking from tripping experiences and the state of mind that comes with it. I use to eat acid like 20 years ago so I know the feeling. 

What have you experienced? 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Maybe take up knitting or something. Or get used to hearing "no self" 

If something isnt making a gong sound in your head doesn't mean its rubbish. Its just not what you need, so just move on and leave it, it will probably work for someone maybe .

3 minutes ago, Joe Schmoe said:

Again I'm the student I'm here to learn not to teach. 

You sure?

On 24.7.2016 at 2:50 PM, Kevin Dunlop said:

Why dont we focus on him for a few minutes instead of ourselves and try to give some real hardcore advice that might end up being the key to him achieving this goal.

That mindset - although I see your noble intentions with this - is the same exact reason why I guess most people are not enlightened (by that I mean being aware of their enlightenment) and end up on a way too long journey to even seeing the first glimpse of it. 

I can't and won't guess anything about Leo's situation - although I sometimes think I know this guy so deeply just from seeing and connecting to all of his stuff (it was the seed to change my whole fucking existence) I really have no fucking clue if I'm honest.

All I know (from direct experience) is this: On my journey real progress started to happen after I tried for a good year "to just let go" and stopped it because I was being let in on the secret that it doesn't fucking matter what I do or not do about it. I think I can let go when I let go and I think I can't let go when I don't.

At that point I still did my daily meditation (still do that of course) but I just didn't give a shit any more. I quit on an inner level with this because I saw it just doesn't matter. In the beginning of this phase this was honestly just a very very nuanced way to trying to get it, because I knew you get much closer if you surrender.

So this then put me in a deadlock basically. All I wanted on some level was to get it but on another level I couldn't fight for it any more because I knew it doesn't matter. I knew that because I became aware that I don't think my thoughts but they arise like hiccups. When you experience this for some time ... your life drastically changes.

My changed to the worse for a good 2-3 months. From day to day I would be more aware of not being in charge while all my emotions would kill me, my mind would go nuts and I barely could handle it (I knew that this was necessary to get all the shit out ... but it's more than hard). Then I fell in love and shortly after that I was being let down - not rejected but I saw how this would not play out the way I want it to be. At that point ... that was like 10 days ago I guess my brain just gave up because it saw that if that pain would add up to my normal pain at the time I couldn't live any longer. It was just too hard. So it gave up. I physically felt how like a rock in my brain collapsed on itself and that it just gave up.

From then on, I had not a single moment of anxiety any more. I feel everything one can feel, good, bad, jealous, angry, but I'm not scared of being scared. I see something in everything that is the same. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. But I don't have to cling to it, because I can see it at every time I want to. I see how I don't do shit, but how shit just does itself. I see pure perfection in everything and I can not tell you any difference between my senses if I'm honest. From a deeper perspective it seems all the same to me - incarnating itself in so beautiful forms.

I talk to my inner child a lot. I'm very sorry for what it had to face in our life until now. I integrate deeper on a daily basis. I take every emotion and surrender to its core until it just vanishes and massages me. And I just let my intuition do its thing. It's always right. Even if it's not.

And lastly, I am aware of an intelligence, that incarnates this very only present moment. You can come in contact with it, it sometime likes to fuck you up and it sometime likes to pleases you. It's like a presence that is always there, I feel its warmth around me. I could tell you 1000 things about it but I don't, because maybe 1% of you who read this know this themselves and the rest thinks I'm crazy. Maybe at a later time, guys. :P

But I give you one hint, do you think it's a coincidence that nature does something as beautiful as the Niagara Falls and creates a mean (us) to see it in the brightest colors? If you really think about it, this is as mystical and crazy as it gets. And by coincidence I mean I want you to think about the "no-thing" that brings this into being ... while creating humans to see it and find it beautiful. Think about that.

So yeah, to sum it up. What helped me was that I gave up, the pain was too much and my brain had to give up to go on. I'm at the beginning of something new. Not even at the beginning, I opened a door and sometimes look what is on the other side. I'll take the rest of this life to go inside and look what's there.

So maybe you need some more pain to let go? I did. Maybe you need to integrate you inner child to let go? I did. Maybe you need to stop doing whatever you are doing to get it and let it get you? I did.

Cheers, hope this helps. :$

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.