Kevin Dunlop

Why Isn't Leo Enlightened Yet? Any Helpful Ideas?

112 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, philosogi said:

Edited by Matthew Lamot

3 minutes ago, philosogi said:

@Matthew Lamot Come to think of it, do you have any handy video links for dualism study? There's so much material on Youtube I'm not sure where to start.

Apologies, stuck screen.  The link on the bottom of my posts is a god place to start.  It will take you to a whole world that will explain what enlightenment really is and how to attain it.

The Upanishads are the oldest txts in the world which hold the answer to enlightenment.  I dont know what you meant like they were human constructs, but its ok, the text hold the answer to the question of duality.

James Swartz is enlightened and can help you with the correct teachings

11 minutes ago, philosogi said:

These are all human constructs and artificial delineations between different methods of the quest for enlightenment.

I can't answer this in an educated way because I haven't researched what the Jiva is, nor duality vs. non-duality.

The Jiva is just a sanskrit name for the ego.  I use it a lot because it sounds exotic :P  

@Matthew Lamot By human constructs I mean: these different schools of learning about how to grow as a human, none of them is perfect. They are all going towards the same thing, even if they don't know it, by different methods. The fact that they have different names is only because they are created by humans. 

Thanks for the recco.

Edited by philosogi

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

19 minutes ago, philosogi said:

@Matthew Lamot By human constructs I mean: these different schools of learning about how to grow as a human, none of them is perfect. They are all going towards the same thing, even if they don't know it, by different methods.

Vedanta is 100% perfect.  It is an analysis of reality, not a school of thought, or a philosophy or a religion.  Different paths produce different results, for example therapy produces a well adjusted member of society, where enlightenment produces enlightened people.  Being well adjusted does not equate to enlightenment.

Who taught you this idea that all paths lead to the same goal?  

18 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Different paths produce different results, for example therapy produces a well adjusted member of society, where enlightenment produces enlightened people.  Being well adjusted does not equate to enlightenment.

All these goals are like baby steps. What people really want is enlightenment, they just don't know it yet. People seek therapy because of temporary goals based on their current knowledge. If they get stuck at the stage of being a well-adjusted member of society, then they get stuck. But if they've accomplished even one little thing to better their understanding of themselves, then they've made a baby step towards enlightenment.

Take self-actualization, which you state is not a path towards enlightenment. I will take @Leo Gura's journey as an example here. He didn't start out his journey by thinking "I'm going to seek enlightenment," He started out his journey by wanting to make his life better. (His first few videos are "How to Invest in Yourself," "Why Life Coaching Works," "Be Different to Be Successful," "Get Coached," etc, etc. But as he learned more and more think he realized that seeking enlightenment was his path. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Personal development has nothing to do with the journey towards enlightenment.  What youre referring to is a New Age theory.  Did they have "personal development" in the days of the Upanishads?

32 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Who taught you this idea that all paths lead to the same goal?  

No one taught me this idea; it's my idea. Some paths are more flawed than others, but ultimately, I think every path that is "written out" is flawed, because an enlightenment journey is personal.

9 minutes ago, philosogi said:

All these goals are like baby steps. What people really want is enlightenment, they just don't know it yet. People seek therapy because of temporary goals based on their current knowledge. If they get stuck at the stage of being a well-adjusted member of society, then they get stuck. But if they've accomplished even one little thing to better their understanding of themselves, then they've made a baby step towards enlightenment.

Take self-actualization, which you state is not a path towards enlightenment. I will take @Leo Gura's journey as an example here. He didn't start out his journey by thinking "I'm going to seek enlightenment," He started out his journey by wanting to make his life better. (His first few videos are "How to Invest in Yourself," "Why Life Coaching Works," "Be Different to Be Successful," "Get Coached," etc, etc. But as he learned more and more think he realized that seeking enlightenment was his path. 

No one taught me this idea; it's my idea. Some paths are more flawed than others, but ultimately, I think every path that is "written out" is flawed, because an enlightenment journey is personal.

Understood, and thank you for sharing that, it is a concept that I never understood until now.  Another member also just informed me of the same, at exactly the same time as you, hows that for New Age synchronicity? lol

I think I took it literally that all paths lead to the same goal, I was like What?? But yes, in my terminology you have just given me a "universal" perspective, which I also happen to agree with, although I did not know it consciously until now.

However, what happens when were tired of the seeking, and Self Development is still seeking, what then?  This is the axe Im grinding here (lately), what is next after all has been seen as "empty"?  This is the big one, and I think because I'm stuck viewing the world in this way right now (im on my own path too) I kind of get tunnel vision in respect to other paths and stages of growth.  

But, yeah, in agreement with you there.  Thanks again!

Haha you seemed so sure but then you're suddenly not so sure anymore. 

Isn't life beautiful? :)

On 24 July 2016 at 1:50 PM, Kevin Dunlop said:

Leo has done alot for us. Look at all he has offered us with the research, video production, organizing an internet forum, even responding with comments and requested videos, much of this he has done for free. In thanks to him for putting himself out there for us I want to ask each of you to give something back to him. Leo wants to be enlightened. He knows he is close. Why dont we focus on him for a few minutes instead of ourselves and try to give some real hardcore advice that might end up being the key to him achieving this goal. We all know that this would benefit all of us aswell. So take some time to do a quality job here, theres lots of videos and comments to analyze and I am sure he will be able to answer any deeper questions you may need to have answered in order to help. Good luck, everyone!

I guess it's not anyones business considering only the truth in his message and a non-concern for his personhood would probably be wise to keep from distraction 

Edited by I_Am

Glad that you found the explanation helpful. I think it's really really important to not take most ideas literally! That usually ends in misunderstanding.

1 hour ago, Matthew Lamot said:

However, what happens when were tired of the seeking, and Self Development is still seeking, what then?  This is the axe Im grinding here (lately), what is next after all has been seen as "empty"?  This is the big one, and I think because I'm stuck viewing the world in this way right now (im on my own path too) I kind of get tunnel vision in respect to other paths and stages of growth. 

I'm not sure what you mean by "and Self Development is still seeking."

If I were you, I would question what my concept of "empty" is, and do a lot of research by watching videos, reading philosophy books, enlightenment books, etc. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you understand it if you don't. The concept of "empty" can be difficult for a while, and hard to understand, but when you really understand it, it will be liberating and everything will make sense for a while, until the monkey mind takes over again :P Wash, rinse, repeat, forever! Get excited for the journey, man :) It's the best journey ever.

1 hour ago, cirkussmile said:

Haha you seemed so sure but then you're suddenly not so sure anymore. 

Isn't life beautiful? :)

Im not sure if you are refering to me?  You sent me a message recently so Im guessing you are following that up.

Rest assured, because I became aware of somebodys helpful wording that helped me make a correlarion between the Actualized.org cults definitions and my own, doesnt mean im condoning multi path nonsense, or open mindedness.

Enlightenment is a very strict and specific path, and is not to be tampered with.

Yes, there are people on paths, that is undeispuatble, but the path to enlightenment is not subject to debate.

7 minutes ago, philosogi said:

Glad that you found the explanation helpful. I think it's really really important to not take most ideas literally! That usually ends in misunderstanding.

I'm not sure what you mean by "and Self Development is still seeking."

If I were you, I would question what my concept of "empty" is, and do a lot of research by watching videos, reading philosophy books, enlightenment books, etc. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you understand it if you don't. The concept of "empty" can be difficult for a while, and hard to understand, but when you really understand it, it will be liberating and everything will make sense for a while, until the monkey mind takes over again :P Wash, rinse, repeat, forever! Get excited for the journey, man :) It's the best journey ever.

I'll pass.  My path does not allow for corrupt interpetations willy nilly from random strangers who are trying to hippify me into believing their nonsense.

If I need to go through what Im going through, it is because my path has set that forth, and sometmes its best to let it happen than try to find nonsesne platitudes that thwart my process.

Empty means a stage Im at in my own tradition, and that tradition is Vedanta.  It has its own specific meaning and I am mature enough to ignore nonsense from hippes who claim to have a "solution" to my process.

This is the ignorance of this New Ages system, this is why nobody becomes enlightened with this pluralism of nonsense.

Its clear to me that you know nothing of what enlightenment is if you think you can push your nonsesne hippy pluralism onto me to educate me.

Edited by Matthew Lamot

5 minutes ago, philosogi said:

@Matthew Lamot Why are you on this forum, then? It's not about Vedanta.

Because in ever haystack there is a needle desperate and ready for the teaching.  And those are the ones who find Vedanta.  Lots of people are ready, and have contacted me already to find the truth beyond this egoic pluralsitic assault on innocent seekers in this modern times.

Once you know what enlightenment is you will laugh at the absurdity of this system of having to read a million books that all contradict the process along with the millions of rising charlatan "self help gurus" all eager to transform you into their version via their work because they are nothing but ego gratifying carpet baggers.

Thats why

2 minutes ago, Matthew Lamot said:

Once you know what enlightenment is you will laugh at the absurdity of this system of having to read a million books that all contradict the process along with the millions of rising charlatan "self help gurus" all eager to transform you into their version via their work because they are nothing but ego gratifying carpet baggers.

I'm guessing you know what enlightenment is?

16 minutes ago, philosogi said:

Yes.  And its not what is being taught here.  

20 minutes ago, philosogi said:

The path to enlightenment is not being taught here.  It is inaccurate.  This is a site for entry level personal development, and the source of information reflects that.    

Edited by Matthew Lamot

@Matthew Lamot Man-sorry but I don't agree with you ... The path of enlightenment IS taught here - and in a very direct way. I have studied various resources and this is one of the best. I don't know about you but what else would you recommend. I would definatly say shinzen young and mooji , ....

Edited by Nicolas

Enlightenment basically means peace, seeing the world via transient morality. This means seeing everything as one. "Seeing the world as a ball of love." Leo said this in one of his clips. Every experience one gets is a worthwhile, meaningful lesson, even the negative ones. How aligned is Leo's life with the meaning of enlightenment? Only he could answer this question. Only the person can answer this personal question. Sometimes enlightenment comes as a result, and the person realizes one day, and continues to live life better for himself / herself and others.

Enlightenment is not only experiences; it is also action. Walking the walk. How much can one communicate peace by walking the walk?

Let's look at Buddha, for example, since we have an idea of who he is. He was sheltered by his father, the king, and lived in his palace his whole life. When he decided to go outside his comfort zone and walk outside his palace, he saw the homeless and suffering. So, he decided to gather the homeless and go door to door for food. This was basically the start of monkhood, a humanitarian effort, to be detached and get out of homelessness-very few would do something like this, and at the same time do meditation/contemplation/self-inquiry to see what life is about.

Of course, in this day and age, people take action differently to help others and do meditation/contemplation/self-inquiry at the same time.

Edited by Key Elements

5 minutes ago, Nicolas said:

@Matthew Lamot Man-sorry but I don't agree with you ... The path of enlightenment IS taught here - and in a very direct way. I have studied various resources and this is one of the best. I don't know about you but what else would you recommend. I would definatly say shinzen young and mooji , ....

Mooji is not enlightened.  Sorry