Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoeimai

Choose

Choose   16 members have voted

1. 1. A person that is bothering me

• Block them. You'll feel guilty afterwards and its gonna make you feel worse but only temporarily (maybe not) Maybe you're going to feel bad about yourself for quite a while or remember it forever lol
    • Accept the person with the bs. Try to contact the to solve the problem. Maybe make yourself look like an idiot but a loving and caring idiot. Maybe you'll regret that too
    • None of the above. Just let go for now. But be sure the problem will come back the same or worse. You're gonna have to deal with the feelings and thoughts and it will be super difficult

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Leo say's changing the problem so you don't experience it is not fixing the problem. You have to deal with the way you feel about it. Only look inward. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

My friend, while the most idealistic way seems to be the 3rd option, pragmatically you should go for the 1st one. Everything even suffering is permanent, you should not stick to toxic situations. Seems to be you're trying to people please at the cost of your own well being. Realise you can love others only when you can love yourself. 

Choose the option that will make you feel better in a long term. (try to calculate the future results)

I choosed the 3rd option because, the idea that you have from someone comes always from you.

Give enough time, distance yourself from the situation, come back later with a more clear perspective and choose what to do.

Also, asking opinions from others of how to treat certain people can be a trap.

You are the one who will put your feelings on the table regarding the situation, not the people posting on this thread.

Be a mature adult and try to remedy the situation, if they aren't receptive just let go and ignore/don't engage with them in the future.

Also you should never block people out of principle. To "block" someone is to not face a part of reality, including your emotions or perhaps projection of yourself you don't like. Don't limit yourself. Instead consider what you could learn from them and their perspective.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I usually block people who I see as toxic to my health. Sorry but I need to value myself more every day and I don't have the time nor the energy to put up with the stress that a person's toxic behavior creates. So my option it to straight up block them. 

I tried blocking some people on the forum as well. And sometimes when it's difficult to block then I try to talk to them directly in messenger to resolve any conflicts. If the person responds good, if not or if the person continues the same behavior, I go ahead and put them on ignore or block them. 

That's the only safer way to deal with people you do not like.

If you're guilting yourself you are guilting yourself unnecessarily. Nowhere it's written that everyone has to get alone with each other. Sometimes people don't get along with each other and don't like the other person's words or company and there is nothing wrong with unable to get along with someone. It doesn't mean that you are hating them. It only means that they do not match you on your frequency, so don't guilt yourself. If that person cannot handle you blocking them, then they are immature and they will learn to respect people's boundaries over time. I mean by blocking them you are actually giving them the opportunity to reflect on their own behavior. And they need to seriously consider what's about them that's impacting or annoying others instead of protecting their own selfish ego all the time. The only way you can make them realize is by blocking them. Sounds harsh. But you learn certain things only when someone is harsh with you. 

That's why Leo needs to police the forum. Some people grow up after that and come back better than before. 

Just my two cents. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Member

On 25/06/2020 at 5:18 PM, Member said:

I love blocking morons ♥️

Why even bother?

There just words on the internet, if there was a mute button for people in real life that I would overuse. But the internet?

Nothing that anyone ever says on here could ever have an effect on me.

Its just words on a screen, not even really a person attached. 

You shouldn’t be bothered to begin with, I don’t even really understand how people can be. 

1 hour ago, IJB063 said:

Why even bother?

For the same reason that @Preety_India mentioned above:

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I usually block people who I see as toxic to my health. Sorry but I need to value myself more every day and I don't have the time nor the energy to put up with the stress that a person's toxic behavior creates. So my option it to straight up block them.

But I agree, there's always the option to ignore the toxic behavior and pretend that you haven't seen the replies. However, when someone insists on being an a-hole and don't respect you, then imo they ask for it. There's no reason why someone should accept poor treatment just for the sake of showing that they are cool with it.

@Preety_India thank u very much preety. You made me feel better because I was afraid to block. I felt guilt or uncomfortable. Yeah it doesn't mean that I hate them, we just don't vibe. Then again that doesn't mean I have to block them, just let them be. But I see your point. Thank you. It made me feel good.