marinaaniram

Everything is an illusion but Leo still tells this....pls explain

34 posts in this topic

someone please explain one thing to me
in leo's enlightment vids Leo says pretty clearly that everything that we consider Life is an illusion. Our birth, parents, routine etc is just a dream
But at the same time in some of his vids, for example, Understanding Democracy & Authoritarianism, he talks very seriously about our ancestors (which supposed to be an illusion), our history and the past (supposed to be an illusion), politics and other staff
isnt it hypocrisy? i m not enlightened (yet) but when i think that i m just imaginig everything what happens on planet earth, all things seem so pointless and not worthy or even silly to talk about

The heart does not care about all that stuff.

The heart cares about one thing only;

Love.

When we say all these things are illusory, what we really mean is they are relative and only exist the way they do when viewed and interpreted from the general human perspective and psyche.   It’s not that they’re not true in their own way; they are just not ultimately true. 

1 hour ago, marinaaniram said:

he talks very seriously about our ancestors (which supposed to be an illusion), our history and the past (supposed to be an illusion), politics and other staff
isnt it hypocrisy?

All that is relative stuff happening within the dream.

The Matrix is an illusion and yet when you are inside it you must play by its rules. Like a video game.

History is imaginary, but we speak of it as if it is real. Everything we speak about is only relatively true.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I know some might rage on me but will just say " stop taking everything single word coming out of Leo's mouth as absolute truth". 

IMO Leo hasn't figured his stuff out yet. His metaphysics is clearly confused and filled with gaps. I'm not discrediting his insights but I still don't understand why he takes everything he experienced in psychedelic trips as absolute truth. @marinaaniram  you clearly pointed one Gap out. It's like either "the human history is imaginary.. Your memories are imaginary.. The big bang never happened.. You are not sitting on the planet earth.. You didn't press play on the beginning of this video " these  are Leo's words from this video 

Or it happened and there is something happening outside of your mind and imagination of it. And that is the only assumption you can make to ever talk about politics.. Society.. Human history. Ancient Roman times . Etc.  Our ancestors and the genetics and DNA and all that,, really?? But all that is imaginary because it's not in direct experience. You see? This is a clear contradiction. It either happens or it did not. 

"Yea but there is deeper layers to imagination and deeper layers to the dream".    Yeah so what's the point of calling it a dream if that dream is indistinguishable from reality?. Is there a difference between the two anyways?.   

Illusions don't exist. That's why they are illusions. Reality is always real no matter what state of awareness you are at. Even nighttime dreams are real. We normally think of them as illusory. That's false. Illusion is not possible. If something exists then it exists. Full stop. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here I dont see the contradiction.

Everything that happens in a movie isnt real but we can still talk about the film and analyze its concepts, characters and beauty. The same is true for ancient roman times or yesterday.

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Illusions don't exist. That's why they are illusions.

Illusions exist; they're just not what they appear to be.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 minutes ago, universe said:

@Someone here I dont see the contradiction.

Everything that happens in a movie isnt real but we can still talk about the film and analyze its concepts, characters and beauty. The same is true for ancient roman times or yesterday.

LOL he said the past never even happened like he literally mean it. It didn't physically happen and you are just imagining that it did .  He said you didn't even press play on the beginning of his video.. You are just imagining that you did in the present moment. Your childhood memories never happened but ancient times and human history happend?!! Lol give me a break. 

Let's be real who lives his life based on that?  I bet that Leo himself doesn't. It is not possible to live your life in this absolute dissociated solipsism. It's even unhealthy and might cause psychological problems. 

And btw everything that happend in the movie is real. It's just in the context of a movie. Basically actors acting. That's why we say it happend. If something happend it happend. If it didn't happen it didn't happen.  "it happened but it's not real" makes zero sense. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Illusions exist; they're just not what they appear to be.

9 minutes ago, universe said:

The contexts or the interpretation of the experience might be illusion but the experience itself is never illusory. Nighttime dreams are perfect example.  They are illusory in the sense that they are not what you think they are. But they are 100% real in the sense that you experience them fully. 

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

ancient times and human history happend?

They happened RELATIVE to you imagining them.

Our culture imagines Rome happened, so I speak relative to that.

You are confusing relative and absolute domains.

It is impossible to speak of anything other than relatively.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The idea that everything is an illusion is just a concession to the average persons culturally sanctioned conception of reality. In the West, reality consists of physical objects suspended in physical space. We're just individuals with separate meat-based vehicles travelling around inside our head, and we're experiencing a world that exists independent of ourselves. This is reality for most people in the West. When you say that reality is an illusion, you're saying that reality is not what it appears to be. However, when you step out of the illusion, reality is no longer illusory for you in the same fashion that it used to.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are confusing relative and absolute domains.

#Relative/absolute fallacy :D

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They happened RELATIVE to you imagining them.

Our culture imagines Rome happened, so I speak relative to that.

15 minutes ago, universe said:

Perfect. So I imagined that i pressed play on the beginning of your video because I did actually press?? It is true that I'm imagining the past and my childhood and even what happend five moments ago  right now. 

But Leo that has nothing to do with whether it really happend or not!, 

Because I can record myself pressing play on your video and show you that I did that five minutes ago.. Your "your memory is imaginary" argument is completely out the window by that! 

-Osho

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

They are illusory in the sense that they are not what you think they are. But they are 100% real in the sense that you experience them fully. 

That is exactly what is meant by illusion: it's not what it appears to be, but it "is". If something can appear as something else, then that something must also exist :) 

Edited by Carl-Richard

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And btw everything that happend in the movie is real. It's just in the context of a movie. Basically actors acting. That's why we say it happend. If something happend it happend. If it didn't happen it didn't happen.  "it happened but it's not real" makes zero sense. 

There is no such thing as a "movie". Its just pixels on a screen, dancing around.

"it happens but its not real"

Define what you mean by real

If something happened and its not anymore in the now then it becomes a memory

What is a memory? Its a thought

Thoughts can come in various shapes. I can think about something that happened in the past, or I can think about a dragon flying in the sky.

The content of a thought can never be real

Any memory is a highly fragmented piece that tries to reassemble reality but reality is just way way more juicier than thought. If reality were like coca cola, thoughts are only cheap off-brand products.

On the other hand, the experience or sensation of having a thought in the now. That is real

You see how its hard for anything that happened to be real?

36 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Let's be real who lives his life based on that?  I bet that Leo himself doesn't. It is not possible to live your life in this absolute dissociated solipsism. It's even unhealthy and might cause psychological problems. 

Of course to keep living you must keep on with the story.

But the video you are talking about is about Absolute Truth.

When doing a video of politics, is normal to use relative truths.

1 minute ago, universe said:

There is no such thing as a "movie". Its just pixels on a screen, dancing around.

Yeah that's the movie. 

"it happens but its not real"

Define what you mean by real

This. 

If something happened and its not anymore in the now then it becomes a memory

True. 

What is a memory? Its a thought

True. 

Thoughts can come in various shapes. I can think about something that happened in the past, or I can think about a dragon flying in the sky.

True. 

The content of a thought can never be real

False. Everything is real. You mean it's not in a physical form it's just a mental image. 

Any memory is a highly fragmented piece that tries to reassemble reality but reality is just way way more juicier than thought. If reality were like coca cola, thoughts are only cheap off-brand products.

Kinda. 

On the other hand, the experience or sensation of having a thought in the now. That is real

Everything is real. Unreal doesn't exist. If it did it would be real!! 

You see how its hard for anything that happened to be real?

No!.

43 minutes ago, universe said:

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

But the video you are talking about is about Absolute Truth.

Absolute truth is infinite nothingness.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Are you sure 'mental image' is a thing ?

Isn't "mental image" just a thought?