Travelion

Where did Leo get all his knowledge from? How do I learn it properly?

17 posts in this topic

Hello this,

Last summer, Leo uploaded a video on his blog called Why Are My Videos So Long?  , and he said that he might have the best understanding in the world about politics, society and reality, probably better and deeper than any professor who spent like 40 years learning about his specific topic. And Leo has such a deep knowledge not only within politics, he has really a lot covered in his YouTube channel. I mean, I don't say he is lying, since I really want to take this all seriously and really want to dive into it (I'm having trouble with it), but how did Leo achieve all of that massive knowledge? Through awakenings? Through 10 to 15 year long work? Why is he better in certain topics than most professors? And the point of the critical mass of knowledge (this is so strange to me), does this mean Leo is maybe the first person alive that reached it?

Maybe one or two months ago I started to take his teachings seriously, I make summaries of the in my opinion most important videos like Actuality, Self Inquiry, etc.. But I feel like I can't get enough knowledge out of it. After I watched "The Ultimate Structure of Reality Explained", I didn't really know what I got out of it. I don't know whether it's because I'm native German, even if I understand everything syntactic, or it's because I'm not paying enough attention to it (I really try, but 2 to 3 hours can be long, though). But I always get this feelings that I don't really know a lot more about the topics. Anyone had similar experiences? Or any advice for me? :/

Edited by Travelion

1 minute ago, Travelion said:

he said that he might have the best understanding in the world about politics, society and reality, probably better and deeper than any professor who spent like 40 years learning about his specific topic.

The Ego on this one. :) 

2 minutes ago, Travelion said:

but how did Leo achieve all of that massive knowledge? Through awakenings? Through 10 to 15 year long work? Why is he better in certain topics than most professors?

Reality is a prison that Ego creates for itself. Most human Egos fall into one of these traps and stay there their whole lives. Your desire to have all the knowledge in the world is a trap your Ego is creating for you, and you might spend your whole life in this trap. 

What Leo is really good at is noticing these traps and not falling into them. That is his talent. If you don't fall into traps, you have much more time to move onto something else. When you don't fall, you rise faster. :) 

Then the question becomes, how does one get good at avoiding traps? Read a lot, understand patterns, meditate, contemplate.

Doing psychedelics helps because they lift you up higher plane where you can explore the greatest trap aka LIFE. 

I'd really like to do more psychedelics, but I feels like I've got a resistance to really do them. And I feel like I could only do them at night, due to my current living situation. Except my brother my environment doesn't think much of psychedelics.

27 minutes ago, Travelion said:

I'd really like to do more psychedelics, but I feels like I've got a resistance to really do them. And I feel like I could only do them at night, due to my current living situation. Except my brother my environment doesn't think much of psychedelics.

You don't have to do them. Read more books, mediate.

Maybe in a few years when you have improved your living situation, then you can try them. 

3 hours ago, Travelion said:

I feels like I've got a resistance to really do them

There's your answer in a nutshell.

The problem is that no care enough to actually know things. So hardly anyone knows anything. The mind is simply closed.

My only secret has been total openmindedness and desire to know. It sounds simple yet only one in a billion people does it.

If you actually cared enough you would be the wisest person in the world. But you don't care enough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you actually cared enough you would be the wisest person in the world. But you don't care enough.

How can we cultivate this desire to learn about the world?

Is it something you're born with?

Or only developed in childhood?

I'm totally on board with you on the idea of understanding reality and myself at the deepest levels and every time I watch one of your videos I get super motivated to do it, I come up with big visions for my life and feel super passionate about it, but then... It just disappears.

4 hours ago, Travelion said:

Hello this,

Last summer, Leo uploaded a video on his blog called Why Are My Videos So Long?  , and he said that he might have the best understanding in the world about politics, society and reality, probably better and deeper than any professor who spent like 40 years learning about his specific topic. And Leo has such a deep knowledge not only within politics, he has really a lot covered in his YouTube channel. I mean, I don't say he is lying, since I really want to take this all seriously and really want to dive into it (I'm having trouble with it), but how did Leo achieve all of that massive knowledge? Through awakenings? Through 10 to 15 year long work? Why is he better in certain topics than most professors? And the point of the critical mass of knowledge (this is so strange to me), does this mean Leo is maybe the first person alive that reached it?

Maybe one or two months ago I started to take his teachings seriously, I make summaries of the in my opinion most important videos like Actuality, Self Inquiry, etc.. But I feel like I can't get enough knowledge out of it. After I watched "The Ultimate Structure of Reality Explained", I didn't really know what I got out of it. I don't know whether it's because I'm native German, even if I understand everything syntactic, or it's because I'm not paying enough attention to it (I really try, but 2 to 3 hours can be long, though). But I always get this feelings that I don't really know a lot more about the topics. Anyone had similar experiences? Or any advice for me? :/

Leo is not the first to exude such wisdom. Many others have as well, the problem is you won’t find them in a conventional society. Fir example, Greek philosophers, mystics, sages and even some early scientists.

Leo has an abnormal level of desire for discovering insight, far beyond that of an ordinary human in a conventional society. The average human lives an average life by the mere fact they consume whatever is readily available.

To be extraordinary you must do extraordinary things. Go places others have not, ask questions people are not, learn things people are not.

Ask: “Where and what is it that everyone continues to overlook?” This is possibly one of the most powerful questions you can ask yourself.

Simply by the fact you will likely discover areas to explore many fail to consider.

You do not require some magical rare skill. You simply require a real inquisitiveness and curiosity for life.

Edited by Jacobsrw

Thanks a lot for the answers, I really appreciate them.

2 hours ago, Sleyker said:

every time I watch one of your videos I get super motivated to do it, I come up with big visions for my life and feel super passionate about it, but then... It just disappears.

Yeah I know what you mean bro.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There's your answer in a nutshell.

The problem is that no care enough to actually know things. So hardly anyone knows anything. The mind is simply closed.

My only secret has been total openmindedness and desire to know. It sounds simple yet only one in a billion people does it.

People are just so bad at seeing long-term success, and I don't even get money or sex or anything else out of that knowledge, other than in university. But I think sometimes the joy will come by itself and thanks to you, my curiosity and motivation gets refreshed and increased regularly. :)

Not to say I'm not curious at all, I find a lot of things so fascinating that are just so taken for granted. E.g. it fascinates me again and again that reality doesn't really forget things, if I'm dropping money under the bed, and in case nobody removes it, whenever I look under my bed, i WILL find it, because it just doesn't disappear. It feels like reality reminds me that I dropped money there a long time ago. Or If i drive let's say 50 km home to my parents, the streets and environment there look like in my memory, there are no sudden inexplicable changes. There is a reason for everything that happens. But is that always the case? Also for things that we do not observe? How do we know?

Have you ever had the feeling that you cannot deal with such hypothetical questions because everyone says that you are just thinking some nonsense? I had that so often as a child, almost no one appreciated my curiosity. So much the better if you meet people with whom you can talk about something like that.

Leo = you = Knowing

Just be grateful that you are created such wonderful guy, Leo. 

And don't forget, you can create whatever you want ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, Sleyker said:

I come up with big visions for my life and feel super passionate about it, but then... It just disappears.

If you really care about a thing you will work on it every day for years.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

bro, that last video fucked my brain so hard. I have never heard or seen a deeper analysis  of history or politics in my life. The fact that it was done without planning and in high school teacher language... Leo is seriously one of the best in the world. 

11 hours ago, louhad said:Leo is seriously one of the best in the world. 

Yes, you can’t help yourself but adore him. Similar how you are amazed about chess geniuses like Carlsen or tennis champs like Djokovic. It’s seems like he is standing on the shoulders of wisdom and philosophical giants but getting further insights about life like one in a million could.

My secret is to know God. That's how I got all my answers. Costed me this life thingy. 

Ultimate knowledge and ultimate desire, ultimate price I guess. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

13 hours ago, dimitri said:

Leo = you = Knowing

Just be grateful that you are created such wonderful guy, Leo. 

And don't forget, you can create whatever you want ?

Yup that's the Truth. Really is mindfuck. 

38 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Yup that's the Truth. Really is mindfuck. 

source.gif

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Books, courses, first hand experiences, practical exercises...