TheUniverseIsLove

Female hormones and the ego question

26 posts in this topic

I notice that I only have what I dub ego flare ups around my period. 

I had one yesterday, and that same day I started my period. 

Do any other ladies have similar experiences?

What do you do? 

I feel feel like I have really good control over my ego until those moments come out of nowhere.

Guidance please ?❤️

Yes. Eckhart Tolle wrote about this (weirdly enough). https://thestoryweavers.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/eckhard-tolle-about-women.pdf

Do not just deem it an ego flare up or something you don't want. Don't go into thought stories. Don't judge your emotions, just feel. 

Here's an awesome Abraham Hicks clip on this subject too. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

27 minutes ago, TheUniverseIsLove said:

I feel feel like I have really good control over my ego

This trying to control the ego is itself ego.

You don't have an ego, you ARE ego.

The thing that thinks it's in control, the thing that's trying to control -- is the very kernel of ego -- the very thing which is unreal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

Control or no control, Ego or no ego: the heightened mood is still an intense experience. I have grown and learned a lot from my hormones and how they change me and I by no means hate them. Usually after the storm the calm allows for deep transformation and it has helped me become who so am in this moment. 

My hormones feel like a nasty mushroom trip tbh. During intense, but after hugely empowering. 

I notice I feel less emotionally secure during, and my actions don’t match my heart. I notice I react without thinking and sometimes harshly and rashly. 

It is as if my Body on extra hormones overpowers the meditation and spiritual work I’ve done. 

During it feels like so have put in no work at all. 

I attempted mediation this morning and ended up just crying a crap ton throughout. 

I guess without controlling it, how do I change it? 

@modmyth Thank you for your response. ? Idk about less working out though. Lol. I think working out settles it some for me. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Yes. Eckhart Tolle wrote about this

Yes, its in "The Power of Now". Great book! I highly recommend it!

@TheUniverseIsLove be loving to your body during these days. I cant give specific advice but Im sure you can master your skills to a level where it becomes less of an issue. Maybe even a welcome challange. Prepare yourself and practise, practise, practise. And accept and let go of it.

17 hours ago, TheUniverseIsLove said:

Well, there's two factors here:

1) You might look at various health issues. Maybe you can align your health and your hormones better with diet, supplements, lifestyle changes, medication, etc.

2) Surrendering and rolling with the state changes as a meditation practice.

I would burn the candle from both ends.

There are many supplements that could help smooth out your spikes.

8 hours ago, TheUniverseIsLove said:

It is as if my Body on extra hormones overpowers the meditation and spiritual work I’ve done. 

During it feels like so have put in no work at all. 

I attempted mediation this morning and ended up just crying a crap ton throughout. 

The crying is good, it's release of energy, purification, it's the thoughts about why we're crying and resistance to it (I shouldn't be crying, because I have an ideal of myself as having a perfect stable emotional state) that make it painful or difficult. 

Meditation is about letting go. Crying is about letting go. Your period is about letting go. See what's going on here? 

In my experience before any breakthrough in spirituality, shit hits the fan. It feels like all "progress" goes out the window, or worse. In hindsight the ideas and beliefs we had about "our progress" weren't real. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

15 hours ago, TheUniverseIsLove said:

I notice that I only have what I dub ego flare ups around my period. 

I had one yesterday, and that same day I started my period. 

Do any other ladies have similar experiences?

What do you do? 

I feel feel like I have really good control over my ego until those moments come out of nowhere.

Guidance please ?❤️

I am a man. no personal experience at least that I know of. I did however read Eckhart Tolle recently. He spoke about this very topic in the book A New Earth. Its a great read. Maybe try that and check the YouTube channel. I bet he has a variety of content you may fine helpful. 

I can't recall exactly the chapter but, a simple Google search is helpful. I will butcher it attempting to paraphrase but, presence seems to be a good start from what I remember. Good body awareness is monumental and your recognition of the following is great. 

Thank you all for the responses. Very much appreciated. Y’all are wonderful. 

@Leo Gura  Everything is pretty on point for me with food, supplements, fitness, lifestyle ect.

I have a really balanced diet. Currently I am intemediately fasting to reduce bloating. I am vegan. I take a bunch of supplements. I work out regularly. I make it a point to get some form of nature in my life daily. I hike regularly. I meditate an hour a day. I sing daily. I do yoga twice a week. 

I am also working with my doctor to figure some stuff out. 

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for the end of June and then laparoscopic surgery scheduled after that for potential endometriosis. Hoping once those are done I will know more.

I am going to put my focus on making my hormones part of my daily life meditation. 

Thank you for your input ?

Edited by TheUniverseIsLove

You might find an interesting perspective on hormones by reading experiences from trans people. They offer a unique perspective having experienced both Testosterone and Estrogen.

ps. 

I had an experience in the middle of the night last night like no other. When I say my hormones are like a mushroom trip, I ?  percent mean it. I woke up in the middle of the night, heavy lower back pain/ cramps, feeling a little dehydrated, and anytime I closed my eyes I saw intense visuals (lines, colors, the works). 

I then got an image/ message from a child. The child popped up in the astral world and said “she’s here”  and then I went back to seeing the lines and colors. 

Hi, 

Have you ever had any functional testing? I think A dutch testing could reveal some potential discrepancies in your oestrogen/progesterone or one of the pituitary hormones. 

On 30/05/2020 at 6:35 PM, TheUniverseIsLove said:

I have a really balanced diet. Currently I am intemediately fasting to reduce bloating. I am vegan. I take a bunch of supplements. I work out regularly. I make it a point to get some form of nature in my life daily. I hike regularly. I meditate an hour a day. I sing daily. I do yoga twice a week. 

Fasting increases cortisol which for female means stealing of progesterone. Basically when you fast your sex hormones can decline and this can put you a bit out of balance in the hormonal world. In all honesty, intermittent fasting is not a good thing for healthy female because it can wreck your hormone and put you too much in stress-dominance. 

Also, just wondering do you keep an eye on your Omega 3: Omega 6 balance? 

And finally, do you know your rough daily fibre intake? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 5/31/2020 at 7:23 AM, TheUniverseIsLove said:

ps. 

I had an experience in the middle of the night last night like no other. When I say my hormones are like a mushroom trip, I ?  percent mean it. I woke up in the middle of the night, heavy lower back pain/ cramps, feeling a little dehydrated, and anytime I closed my eyes I saw intense visuals (lines, colors, the works). 

I then got an image/ message from a child. The child popped up in the astral world and said “she’s here”  and then I went back to seeing the lines and colors. 

Maybe it's more than just hormones?

On 30/5/2020 at 9:07 PM, Shadowraix said:

You might find an interesting perspective on hormones by reading experiences from trans people. They offer a unique perspective having experienced both Testosterone and Estrogen.

Wow is there any particular source to look for that? That would be very interesting 

Edit. Are you sure tho? Because a trans feels like the person that it wants to be from the time it was born. I'm not sure, I'll have to do research sorry to anyone who reads that, I'm clueless, no intentions of offending someone. 

Edited by egoeimai

On 31/5/2020 at 9:23 PM, Michael569 said:

Fasting increases cortisol which for female means stealing of progesterone. Basically when you fast your sex hormones can decline and this can put you a bit out of balance in the hormonal world. In all honesty, intermittent fasting is not a good thing for healthy female because it can wreck your hormone and put you too much in stress-dominance. 

Really? How many hours can be considered unhealthy? 

3 hours ago, egoeimai said:

Really? How many hours can be considered unhealthy? 

That's very individual, depends how long it takes for you to burn through your glycogen stores and how efficiently your body manages sugar. But I wouldn't make it a habit

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569

I haven’t had a Dutch test specifically, but I have had blood tests done. Everything is relatively normal. No PCOS, nothing wrong with my thyroid, Omega’s are good, etc. 

Though I wouldn’t mind doing more testing. 

However, trying to get doctors and insurance to do anything under the American health system is like pulling teeth.

Most of my doctors haven’t taken my pain and other symptoms seriously. It literally took 10 years for them to even do tests to rule out celiac or spine deterioration. 

They finally did more tests once I put more effort into making it happen. 

This forum actually helped me with that. 

I realized since I am everything I had to make it happen. 

Hince why they are finally going to do a colonoscopy and laparoscopic surgery. 

I also have JUST started fasting. Eating between 11am and 8pm. I haven’t really been doing it long enough for it to change anything. I am still going to continue with it and see how it affects me personally.

I feel bloated frequently, and if it helps, that would be wonderful. 

I also get a good amount of fiber in my diet.