Someone here

how to disprove solipsism ?

346 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Welcome to slavic soaps. 

Love you. 

When I saw this GIF I've literally burst out laughing. 

My banker thought I was crazy for a minute. xD (had to be in the bank to drop the check)

We are the best team on forum for derailing threads. xD

Our commercial should sound like: "If you need forums' derailing services, call us at 1-800-DERAILN' xDxD

LMAO....

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Someone here

Cool, I can't believe we don't need to prove anything to you :D 
Yes, it's indescribable. But some words point to it better than others.
I hope one day you discover why "Love" pointer exists ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

5 minutes ago, allislove said:

Cool, I can't believe we don't need to prove anything to you 

Lol. 

Yes, it's indescribable. But some words point to it better than others. 

Even when considering that words are empty equally meaningless shapes on paper? 

6 minutes ago, allislove said:

I hope one day you discover why "Love" pointer exists. 

Well maybe if I become a mod I gotta get my shit straight and acknowledge love.   Lol jk xD

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

42 minutes ago, Galyna said:

When I saw this GIF I've literally burst out laughing. 

My banker thought I was crazy for a minute. xD (had to be in the bank to drop the check)

We are the best team on forum for derailing threads. xD

Our commercial should sound like: "If you need forums' derailing services, call us at 1-800-DERAILN' xDxD

LMAO....

Please no. Thread hijacking. Need to calm Down. under radar mode. Still have no idea how I am not banned here?! 

We stay calm madam. Don't wish to pull anyone into darkside. Don't wish to spread my bad influence. 

Yea that's the problem when you have great faith that your world view is correct. It closes doors to new perspectives that are perhaps more true than the one you have. Its definitely a self deception thinking your mind is truer than all else. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

On 5/28/2020 at 4:43 AM, Javfly33 said:

Here's another thing you can't never prove:

Can you prove that the rock which you see by the river is still existing when you are at home?

Here's another you cannot prove or even disprove: that you are existing at home when the rock is by the river.

That word: prove

Its a funny word, once you start really thinking about it. It points to a logical/mental process, that requires something else to begin.

An axiom, which is an unprovable, "self evident truth".

When solipsism says the only person whose existence you can prove is your own, the axiom is that you can somehow prove your own existence. Can you really? So how can you disprove something you cannot prove in the first place?

Its like asking "how do I unfuck the sky?" How do you even fuck the sky?

Edited by wwhy

On 5/28/2020 at 4:55 AM, JosephKnecht said:

Nice video. Part of the awakening process is falling into solipsism.

There will be times in your life when everything will get perfectly aligned. You will start believing that the universe is conspiring against you. You will start to believe that everyone in your life is just acting their part. You will think its all just an act. 

But then you will realize that it was You that was conspiring against the universe.

And then you wake up. :) 

So now there is a You and a universe?

Why is the "You" conspiring against the "universe"? And where is the love in all this?

3 hours ago, wwhy said:

Here's another you cannot prove or even disprove: that you are existing at home when the rock is by the river.

That word: prove

Its a funny word, once you start really thinking about it. It points to a logical/mental process, that requires something else to begin.

An axiom, which is an unprovable, "self evident truth".

When solipsism says the only person whose existence you can prove is your own, the axiom is that you can somehow prove your own existence. Can you really? So how can you disprove something you cannot prove in the first place?

Its like asking "how do I unfuck the sky?" How do you even fuck the sky?

Very good post, thanks for sharing. Some juicy insights there contemplate, I'm not kidding.

The only thing I would argue is when you say that when I say that I am existing at home, that is not a fact but an assumption.

Well, let's not say I am existing, let's just say "something is going on". Some colors are form are existing. Well, al I am saying that is existing. The rock isn't.

In fact I already spoiled the whole thing. "The rock isn't. The rock isn't. The rock isn't."

What is existence? (Issing...). Colors and forms are issing. The rock is not issing .

@Javfly33

I don't have any problem with your beliefs, if that's what you present them as. Proof on the other hand... is a tricky concept. I'd say it is only applicable in our "3D time-space material" world. A scientific term.

@Someone here

how to disprove Solipsism ?

how to disprove Islam ?

how to disprove Hinduism ?

how to disprove Christianity ?

how to disprove Buddhism ?

how to disprove Atheism ?

how to disprove Judaism ?

Just get over it already, there is nothing special about your choice of religion, insofar as proof is concerned.

Just now, wwhy said:

@Javfly33

I don't have any problem with your beliefs, if that's what you present them as. Proof on the other hand... is a tricky concept. I'd say it is only applicable in our "3D time-space material" world. A scientific term.

@Someone here

how to disprove Solipsism ?

how to disprove Islam ?

how to disprove Hinduism ?

how to disprove Christianity ?

how to disprove Buddhism ?

how to disprove Atheism ?

how to disprove Judaism ?

Just get over it already, there is nothing special about your choice of religion, insofar as proof is concerned.

You don't need proof for Isness!!! Realize this!

In fact this is all a game that I keep playing to deny the fact that only the Present moment exists and everything else is an Imagination.

The moment I truly accept this I will die so I keep playing this philosophical games and beliefs as you say.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

You don't need proof for Isness!!! Realize this!

In fact this is all a game that I keep playing to deny the fact that only the Present moment exists and everything else is an Imagination.

The moment I truly accept this I will die so I keep playing this philosophical games and beliefs as you say.

Define Isness.

@wwhy what you are saying is that there is nothing that can be said about anything. Fine but we can't have a discussion this way.  

-Osho

24 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@wwhy what you are saying is that there is nothing that can be said about anything. Fine but we can't have a discussion this way.  

That is not what I am saying. You are taking a very specific thing I am saying, which is axioms cannot be proved or dis-proven and blowing it all up as "nothing can be said about anything" !!

Not sure what you're smoking, but I'd like to try a puff or two.

4 minutes ago, wwhy said:

That is not what I am saying. You are taking a very specific thing I am saying, which is axioms cannot be proved or dis-proven and blowing it all up as "nothing can be said about anything"

And isn't That itself an assumption that can't be proven or disproven? You see this is absurd what you are doing.   Because you also say  that everything can be under this questioning (how do you know you yourself exist).. Yeah sure how do you know you are reading these sentence right now.. You can engage in this madness with yourself but I got nothing to do with it. 

4 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Not sure what you're smoking, but I'd like to try a puff or two.

No you are good. What you smoke is more than enough. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

And isn't That itself an assumption that can't be proven or disproven? You see this is absurd what you are doing.   Because you also say  that everything can be under this questioning (how do you know you yourself exist).. Yeah sure how do you know you are reading these sentence right now.. You can engage in this madness with yourself but I got nothing to do with it. 

No you are good. What you smoke is more than enough. 

Lol! You haven't answered or directly responded to anything I've said about solipsism, proof and disproof. What is this wild detour you are taking now?

Can you prove that you exist?

2 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Yes absolutely definitely. I exist here is My body here is my arms here is my reflection on the mirror..everything.  Anything more is mental masturbation.  Unless you mean the ego or the center of my being.. Yeah that's not real but there is a sense of it's reality nevertheless. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes absolutely definitely. I exist here is My body here is my arms here is my reflection on the mirror..everything.  Anything more is mental masturbation.  Unless you mean the ego or the center of my being.. Yeah that's not real but there is a sense of it's reality nevertheless. 

Your honor, I did not steal the chicken! I can prove it. My proof is because I say it is so.

7 minutes ago, wwhy said:

Yes. But only to myself.

@wwhy bruh 

-Osho