Malekakisioannis

Leo,Where do you get the pictures that you use on your videos?

17 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Since the beggining of your chanell i always belived that creative pictures on your videos would be a lot better than puting your face on them and im very glad that you finally did it.may i ask where do you get them from? 

I and @mandyjw create those pictures!

What happens is that WE decide what his next video is gonna be! (sorta) We draw/paint the pic, send it to Leo, and then depending on the inspiration he gets from it he finds a topic for the vid.We give him a time limit of 5 min to find somethin and if he fails we PUNISH HIM by forcing him to eat VERY HOT CHILI PEPPER!

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

He makes them himself. @Malekakisioannis

He has a diploma in game design and I think that he dabbled in digital art too. 

Yes, putting his face on such serious topics would made it seem like he's full of himself, it's better to use simple pictures that he creates in photoshop.

7 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Yes, putting his face on such serious topics would made it seem like he's full of himself

Lol, what does putting his face on "such serious topics" have to do w/ him being full of himself?

I'm not friendly.

@Evil Raccoon Nothing. Actually, maybe I made no sense but..

Was thinking of how people attack him for being egoic. That would add to the pile. 

Like coming from a place of ego, not paying attention what he has to say. If he even had his face on the video, people would start calling him cult leader again. I think he thought of that before changing to the new style. Some people even miss the old face reaction thumbnails. 

I don't even watch his newer episodes because in my opinion they became very ideological and less sane than I would expect from a teacher. I usually expect a more humble and elaborate style in teaching. 2 minutes of watching an episode of his yesterday left me very depressed all night. Because they attack the ego. I don't think I could benefit from a teaching that is so penetrating. 

But for those who stick around, I think it's worth knowing that Leo means no harm, he means to teach non-duality from his perspective. I don't like his style, but his forum posts and a goldmine for me. So I'm not entirely against his teaching. I just can't stand it for myself. I come from a different walk of life. 

25 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Was thinking of how people attack him for being egoic. That would add to the pile.

I don't think there was as many complaints and attacks back in the era of his old videos. Such an attack would be very superficial. From what I've seen recent (relevant) criticism we are seeing goes much deeper than branding of the video, they are mostly targetting who those videos are about and what was done in Leo's last experiment. 

His old thumbnails were goofy and were showing that he can stop taking himself seriously for a minute. But I'm probably just biased toward them because I prefer the old videos.

Edited by 4201

26 minutes ago, 4201 said:

His old thumbnails were goofy and were showing that he can stop taking himself seriously for a minute.

That was his old self. Now he takes on the role of a serious teacher. He even changed his looks, like beard and white shirt. He could not look goofy or laid-back with this new look, could he? 

He obviously wanted people to look up to him like someone who leads others to Truth. While his older videos were more spontaneous and about relativistic topics, he now wants people to believe he has the Truth, and that he went on the highest stages. I do agree there is something interesting going on, and I went through some of his insights myself without any DMT. But maybe it was because I was gifted or had a good past life, as he states. Is that the case?

Or I just saw through what he means and I could see an even higher Truth: that truth is still relative. And his truth is really 1-dimensional, regardless of what he tries to show. He says the same things nowadays in every video, regardless of what the video's title says. Leading to a dangerous high-consciousness ideology. 

Thus I must agree the old videos were more valuable on the long run. Maybe I'm also biased, I don't know? All I know is that my gut-instinct feels bad about these new videos. I heard the same teachings that he teaches in them from friends or psychologists, he just adds something new, the non-dual ideology to them. Nothing so complicated no one could ever reach in 40 years of meditation. He isn't even 40 years old, how does he know what every person in the planet thinks like? 

I do appreciate his content but he shouldn't add the "I know more than you" approach. IT makes you feel bad, attacks you on the worst way possible, leading to cultish obsession, and he claimed he doesn't want that. Maybe if he reads this message I left he will be more careful next time on how he seems to the audience. That's just some feedback I give, not criticism. 

36 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Maybe if he reads this message I left he will be more careful next time on how he seems to the audience. 

Hahaha

Sadly we cannot change other people, we can only change ourselves.

1 hour ago, Aquarius said:

Maybe if he reads this message I left he will be more careful next time on how he seems to the audience. 

I highly doupt he would give a fuck.That's such petty shit.

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

I don't even watch his newer episodes because in my opinion they became very ideological and less sane than I would expect from a teacher. I usually expect a more humble and elaborate style in teaching. 2 minutes of watching an episode of his yesterday left me very depressed all night. Because they attack the ego. I don't think I could benefit from a teaching that is so penetrating. 

It is not the job of the teacher to untangle your ego, it is your job. The ego will reject all external attacks, but can't reject the internal ones. You have to do the work.

I image searched them and I can't find them anywhere on the internet, so I'm pretty sure he makes them. They're pretty cool.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

He gets them on Shutterstock, I peruse Shutterstock alot and the images are very similar to alot of his. Theyre cool as fuck though, I love them, the one from the Going Meta video is gorgeous.

Eventually you run out of facial expressions to use as thumbnails. :D

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles do you know if they have any copyrights on the pics. Im thinking about using some pics on videos im creating but i don't know the jurisprudence on those matters yet. 

10 hours ago, Rilles said:

Eventually you run out of facial expressions to use as thumbnails. :D

Maybe he'll put his dick as a thumbnail one day.

I'm not friendly.

2 minutes ago, Malekakisioannis said:

@Rilles do you know if they have any copyrights on the pics. Im thinking about using some pics on videos im creating but i don't know the jurisprudence on those matters yet. 

You buy them... and then they dissappear from the site, so basically the ones Leo bought are his. Dont quote me on that... im 80% sure thats how it goes. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!