Nemo28

Spirituality and veganism

71 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Does it feel good for you?
I am sure - not.
So, less mental masturbation, more actual work.
Inspect your direct experience rather than bringing delusional hypothesis ;)  

I believe, The problem is, you putting meaning of masturbation. If you dont put any meaning just masturbate, it will be actual work. Just concentrate on masturbating as a moment. Dont go into thought process or imagine some girl, just masturbate. 

But i am not sure, this works on me. When i masturbate, after that i feel relaxing, and will be more easy to concentrate. Meaningless Masturbation  destroys my ego. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

I believe, The problem is, you putting meaning of masturbation. If you dont put any meaning just masturbate, it will be actual work. Just concentrate on masturbating as a moment. Dont go into thought process or imagine some girl, just masturbate. 

But i am not sure, this works on me. When i masturbate, after that i feel relaxing, and will be more easy to concentrate. Meaningless Masturbation  destroys my ego. 

:D

Certainly as one becomes more conscious they start to identify with other creatures and become aware of their suffering. It seems to be a statistical trend that as people become more "conscious" they drop eating meat.

However in the absolute sense there is nothing truly wrong with eating meat, it's all just moralizations.

Personally I was vegetarian for 5 years but started adding fish back into my diet for personal goals. I just can't support unsustainable or cruel practices and refuse to give them money, which is what they want. I knew what was going on for most of my life but once I became truly aware, it all just clicked one day and I stopped cold. I couldn't consciously rationalize supporting such industries with my wallet anymore, they won't get a dollar from me ever again.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Nemo28 said:

@Serotoninluv How do you make people more sensitive to such issues? I also dont want to judge anyone and be the anoying person. Or maybe i just focus on myself and leave the world take care of itself?

This is the dilemma of a being in-tune with a dynamic/energetics that others are not in-tune with. Imo, it’s a complex issue that involves expanding awareness and development at both individual and societal levels. There are some people with expertise in this area and I would imagine there are online resources. Yet I don’t have expertise in this area. I’m much better at observing and resonating with various dynamics/energetics than I am at inducing change. 

Imagine the experience of abolitionists centuries ago. Evolution can be a long, messy process.

Survival's a dirty business. 

Since some was cut out, here's how the full quote goes: 

You ever been to the tail section? Do you have any idea what went on back there? When we boarded? It was chaos. Yeah, we didn't freeze to death, but we didn't have time to be thankful. Wilford's soldiers came and they took everything. A thousand people in an iron box. No food, no water... After a month, we ate the weak... You know what I hate about myself? I know what people taste like. I know that babies taste best... There was a woman. She was hiding with her baby. And some men with knives came. They killed her and they took her baby. And then an old man-no relation, just an old man-stepped forward and he said, "Give me the knife." And everyone thought he'd kill the baby himself. But he took the knife and he cut off his arm. And he said, "Eat this, if you're so hungry. Eat this, just leave the baby." I had never seen anything like that. And the men put down their knives... You've probably guessed who that old man was. That baby was Edgar. And I was the man with the knife. I killed Edgar's mother... And then one by one, other people in the tail section started cutting off arms and legs and offering them. It was like a miracle. And I wanted to. I tried, it's... A month later, Wilford's soldiers brought those protein blocks. We've been eatin' that shit ever since. 18 years I've hated Wilford. 18 years I've waited for this moment. And now I'm here... Open the gate. Please.

Edited by llumin
adding the full quote

6 hours ago, dimitri said:

Also, there is a lot of poor kids in Africa, so what?

Imagine you are surgeon, you did your best and patient died after you opened patient's stomach. So, in fact you killed the person.
But you did a "good" thing. You tried to help, you did it out of love, so nothing wrong with that ;) 

6 hours ago, dimitri said:

another extreme example. Just by walking in the forest you are killing a lot of insects, so should you stay at home all your life? ;) 

About support of industry if you buy meat.... then, you need to restrict yourself from everything including mobile phone ;) 

You are missing a dynamic. It’s not an intellectual thing. Intellectualizing it with metaphors that miss the mark will maintain one’s current state and prevent it’s realization.  There is an underlying inability to relate, resonate and imagine what it is.

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

@James123 happy for you :)

Thanks brother :) 

1 hour ago, Nemo28 said:

:D

lol :) 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Dutch guy Seems like you are in-tune with this dynamic. . .

I agree that egotism is a block to resonating in this area. I’m using the term ‘inability’ to include egotism. For example, if a mind is immersed in egotism it will be unable to observe/relate/perceive/experience aspects of non-egotism. I would add that humanism seems to be a factor as well. 

You bring up a interesting question for me regarding the degree of inability. For example, someone who is fully paralyzed in unable to walk and they won’t gain this ability. In another context, I am unable to speak Chinese yet I could become able to if I worked on it. . . In the case of animal cruelty, my initial guess is that it is a combination. It seems part of the inability is due to societal conditioning and perhaps some biological evolution. I imagine this could be de-conditioned, allowing space for realization. Yet my sense is that some minds are structured to not resonate. Perhaps similar to how some minds don’t seem structured for abstract thinking or resonating with paranormal phenomena. 

If you look at the term Conscious: The state of being awake and aware of one's surroundings.

Yes, I would say that there is an elevated level to someone who went Vegan or made any type of change due to realizing and understanding what is actually happening around them or inside them. Imagine if everyone on earth ate and lived like the worst american. We would all be fat, ugly, and sick. It is no joke, food is seriously addicting, and veganism has its pleasure traps as well. Fat, Sugar, any addiction, we are neurologically wired to go for our pleasures and we do things one would never admit. Stealing land and habitats, pushing life forms to extinction, causing such destruction to earth that it has dead zones in waters, massive pollution in the air. You are a Virus if you feed of the host and don't give anything back. Even worse when you slowly milk it, day after day, manipulating its natural form to exploit it fully. Keeping it alive while it screams to die. Someone is less conscious if they never question how food gets to their dinner plate. Someone is less conscious if they are less aware of the surroundings and games that are being played around them, inside them, physically, mentally, spiritually. Just a sheep in society, living for pleasures, not for the general well being, not for progression.

The reality is, Global Modern Society is eating wrong. = Please, someone counter that. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

You are missing a dynamic. It’s not an intellectual thing. Intellectualizing it with metaphors that miss the mark will maintain one’s current state and prevent it’s realization.  There is an underlying inability to relate, resonate and imagine what it is.

Thanks for pointing out.
I am all for lessening the cruelty against animals :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Serotoninluv seems like you missed what I tried to express. Perhaps, my not native English. What I am saying is: person who eats meat is no way better or worse the person who don't. It's fine to eat meat if you want to eat meat. It's not fine to make cruelty against animals. Let's veganism to not be excuse for ego to think that it's better than "others"  ;) 

1 hour ago, Dutch guy said:

And sometimes mention how baby chicks are sent to gas chambers and hope it will do something to some people.

Dude, its way worse, there is alive chicken shreding machine..they put bunch of male chicks on the line and trow them into blades, how fucked up is that! 

23 minutes ago, dimitri said:

@Serotoninluv seems like you missed what I tried to express. Perhaps, my not native English. What I am saying is: person who eats meat is no way better or worse the person who don't. It's fine to eat meat if you want to eat meat. It's not fine to make cruelty against animals. Let's veganism to not be excuse for ego to think that it's better than "others"  ;) 

Yes, I understand that’s what you expressed. You have a clear understanding of that dynamic and your metaphors hit that mark . . . Yet this is not the dynamic that I was referring to. 

3 minutes ago, dimitri said:

I love your avatar photo. The expression of that flower is so beautiful. It warms my heart.

Just now, Serotoninluv said:

I love your avatar photo. The expression of that flower is so beautiful. It warms my heart.

I love you @Serotoninluv

@dimitri I love you too. ❤️
I’m going out for a hike now and I imagine I will have a greater appreciation for the flowers today ? 

We are all entangled together.