SamueLSD

Is meditation all I really need?

41 posts in this topic

I have had half-assed attempts at Kriya yoga, shamanic breathing and a few different meditation techniques. 

But I feel as if the one thing that is slowly guiding me toward truth is meditation. Specifically, doing nothing. ( Along with journaling and psychedelics ) 

I feel as if by keeping it simple, I am preventing myself from clinging onto / creating ideas and concepts within my mind that will waste time that would be better spent doing nothing at all! I also feel as if meditation fixes literally all of my problems. 

However, I am open minded enough to consider that I am falling into a trap, which is why I am asking; Should I keep it simple? Is lengthy and well disciplined meditation all I need? 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

I have been meditating for 4 months 4 hours a day. I had many psychedelics experiences too. But meditating and contemplation help you to be stable in higher consciousness permanently .

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 4 hours? Wow. 

I agree with that one. After a good meditation, I feel like I am in a similar state to the come-down of a trip. It's beautiful 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

28 minutes ago, James123 said:

I have been meditating for 4 months 4 hours a day. I had many psychedelics experiences too. But meditating and contemplation help you to be stable in higher consciousness permanently .

What form of meditation do you do?  Do you do the meditations for 4 hours straight or split it up? I have an hour meditation in the morning and another half hour in the evening, so I split it up. 

35 minutes ago, SamueLSD said:

@James123 4 hours? Wow. 

I agree with that one. After a good meditation, I feel like I am in a similar state to the come-down of a trip. It's beautiful 

Definitely. And embody that state as your entire life or more.

10 minutes ago, wordsforliving said:

What form of meditation do you do?  Do you do the meditations for 4 hours straight or split it up? I have an hour meditation in the morning and another half hour in the evening, so I split it up. 

I just sit 2 hours in darkness and silence 1 set in morning, 2. Set in night (sometimes i listen sufi music) . I can only sleep max 5 hours. I have been crazy working out mma for 1 and half hours, but i dont think often and meditate often. Thats why i cant consume my energy. If you meditate a lot, you sleep less I believe. I had to sleep at least 8 hours before.   

Edited by James123

5 minutes ago, James123 said:

If you meditate a lot, you sleep less I believe.

yes I have found this to be true. 

16 minutes ago, wordsforliving said:

yes I have found this to be true. 

Additionally , when you decrease your thoughts, and can save bunch of energy. Holding on thoughts worst for the body. Anything is inevitable .

Edited by James123

Meditate all you want, but when you get real serious about Awakening and you're tired of all the spiritual games, take 5-MeO-DMT.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  It's very rare where I live.  Would normal DMT suffice? 

@SamueLSD By "normal DMT", do you mean N,N-DMT? From what I've read, N,N and 5-MeO are significantly different. N,N offers a more colorful experience - meeting with aliens, machine elves and stuff. It's the one Joe Rogan has taken.

The DMT Leo is speaking of is 5-MeO - offers an insight more into the nature of reality, truth, God etc.

Release me.

@SamueLSD Meditation and contemplation is a tool to set you up for a BANG. To set you up little by little to get that awakening. Also by doing nothing you are detaching from everything which is good for this work and is SUPER essential, IMO it's probably one of the most important aspects, but everything matters, meditation, contemplation and letting go. But by doing nothing you rob yourself from all the creative sides that you have. Think wise what you actually want in life.

Mahadev

@inFlow Not too fussed about being creatively  impaired 

@John Doe  But if it is a potent psychedelic, couldn't it be used for consciousness work? I've heard 5meo is just better

Here’s what worked with me, I didn’t go the psychedelic route.

Normal seeker, low level depression for a few years, dark night of the soul etc, read every book and watched every video, meditated etc 

Started working with my teacher (Ananda Devi April 2019) 

Had sessions with her basically once a fortnight, sometimes not as often, each session was around 45-60 minutes talking, going over blockages and issues I had, integration challenges, enneagram stuff etc 

15 Minute RASA Transmission at the end of the session, transmissions to be are INCREDIBLY powerful, and honestly just amazing, as Ramana said “silence is the highest teaching” 

Now- realised the truth of my own being, stabilised in peace and happiness and loving every spontaneous moment that arises (even the shitty ones like ive just been through a break up, there is still a beauty to sadness and the peace does not leave!) 

Also, if you’re under 25 like me, I highly recommend waiting to do psychedelics, unless you want to risk long term issues, I used to think this was BS when I did MDMA at raves and smoked weed a lot, it’s really not. 

so, yes, go find a teacher you resonate with and work with them 1-1, there’s nothing quite like the presence of an awakened being, I am forever in debt to how much Ananda helped me, but at the end of the day you are always your own guru :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Having a spiritual tutor does sound good, probably not for me though. Thanks for the detailed reply

I can agree with what you're saying about beauty being in every moment. I also broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years 2 weeks ago, and even though I am sad, I feel more peaceful and connected with being than usual

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Meditate all you want, but when you get real serious about Awakening and you're tired of all the spiritual games, take 5-MeO-DMT.

100%

5-MeO + Nahm sessions, I can't believe there is something better for Awakening :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

15 Minute RASA Transmission at the end of the session, transmissions to be are INCREDIBLY powerful, and honestly just amazing, as Ramana said “silence is the highest teaching” 

Very interested in investigating this RASA Transmission @LfcCharlie4 thanks for mentioning. 

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

100%

5-MeO + Nahm sessions, I can't believe there is something better for Awakening :) 

@dimitri What is Nahm sessions?

4 hours ago, John Doe said:

@SamueLSD By "normal DMT", do you mean N,N-DMT? From what I've read, N,N and 5-MeO are significantly different. N,N offers a more colorful experience - meeting with aliens, machine elves and stuff. It's the one Joe Rogan has taken.

The DMT Leo is speaking of is 5-MeO - offers an insight more into the nature of reality, truth, God etc.

@John Doe  Is N,N-DMT easier to access?  I will have to look this up. 

Really wish it wasn't so hard to access 5-MeO-DMT. I have zero experience with psychedelics and would prefer to have a guide or mentor at first. 

I have two meditation practices so far: Sudarsan Kirya and Sahaj Samadhi. These are purported by those following the guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to be the very best meditation practices available. But what I am seeing is that Sri Sri developed these meditation practices for the masses for stress reduction and trauma release and not for enlightenment or Awakening. 

If there are much more powerful meditation practices that assist in Awakening, I'm interested in investigating. 

Would REALLY like to go the 5-MeO-DMT route, but really don't want to start out completely alone as a newbie. 

Would REALLY like to go the 5-MeO-DMT route, but really don't want to start out completely alone as a newbie. 

@wordsforliving if you're interested in psychedelics as a tool, you can start from shrooms or acid :) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x