Someone here

What is reality? - Joe Rogan.

32 posts in this topic

Disclaimer : likely to cause existential crisis. Watch on your own risk lol. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

12 minutes ago, Verdesbird said:

nobody knows jack shit

I agree. We might know stuff on the surface but if we keep digging deep will soon discover we don't actually know a dam thing lol. 

-Osho

@Someone here I like this. And Rogans humbleness appears to really show here. However, he still assumes an objective reality outside of consciousness, which seems to undermine his own formulations here. 

You have to remember that Rogan operates from the materialist paradigm. Which equates to all his theoretical explanations becoming compressed by materialism. This doesn’t mean he has no value to share, but that what he proposes is extremely limited in its depth.

Nonetheless good video.

Edited by Jacobsrw

10 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Someone here I like this. And Rogans humbleness appears to really show here. However, he still assumes an objective reality outside of consciousness, which seems to undermine his own formulations here. 

You have to remember that Rogan operates from the materialist paradigm. Which equates to all his theoretical explanations becoming compressed by a materialism. This doesn’t mean he has no value to share, but that what he proposes is extremely limited in its depth. 

I too assume the existence of external objective reality. It's just more likely and I don't take it as absolute truth either. It's just what it appears to be. A dream world also appears objective . Do we "really" know? 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Infinity

It's so simple.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Infinity

It's so simple.

When you speak about infinity that means it includes "everything". All possibilities. All perspectives. However in other places you seem to insist that reality is just some way and not the other like imaginary and not objective.   Or it's mind rather than matter. If it's infinite why couldn't be matter and  mind? 

-Osho

@Someone here You won’t figure it out logically.

When only imaginary can be seen, the pointer points to real. When only real can be seen, the pointer points to imaginary. 

Real is distinct from imaginary and real = imaginary. 

Observe the beautiful dance between form and formless. 

Transcend and ye shall see. . . 

@Someone here Fair point. To assume an objective world is to assume a “you” seperate from it. This is impossible because the very experience you have is interconnected with everything you experience. You cannot validate a “world” without a YOU to first experience it. You = existence = infinity. This is primary.

Edited by Jacobsrw

3 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Someone here Fair point. To assume an objective world is to assume a “you” seperate from it. This is impossible because the very experience you have is interconnected with everything you experience. You cannot validate a “world” without a YOU to first experience it. You = existence = infinity. This is primary.

I don't think it's that simple. If we speak conventionally " you" are this flesh avatar and the outside world is simply what you are perceiving right now around you. It's true that if you disappear the world will disappear for you. But as long as you are here the world also appears there. So as long as the experience is going there is no point in denying it as that won't change it and might create confusion and conflict between you and the world because your beliefs will be contradicting your direct experience. 

-Osho

Joe Reagan is only one of the many entry points to spirituality. Even the most famous teachers of these days are misleading most people (I'm not saying they're not enlightened, but enlightenment doesn't bring knowledge!). Move along (check my sign. lol).

Edited by Arzack

@Someone here Of course there is an undeniable experience. The question is: from where does it stem? One cannot assume the body or mind, since they are ever fluctuating changes of experience. The only persisting aspect of experience is the awareness from which you operate. That is all that maintains the experience you have. All else is relative subjectivity. Meaning, ones assumption of the world is nothing more than an ever-changing illusory lens.

This is my view of course.

14 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Someone here Of course there is an undeniable experience. The question is: from where does it stem? One cannot assume the body or mind, since they are ever fluctuating changes of experience. The only persisting aspect of experience is the awareness from which you operate. That is all that maintains the experience you have. All else is relative subjectivity. Meaning, ones assumption of the world is nothing more than an ever-changing illusory lens.

This is my view of course.

The body and mind are changing for you?  

-Osho

@Someone here Yes. This is easy to see.

Is the same body you have now the same as you had yesterday, last year or when you were 15? The body consists of cells which die and rebirth every day.

Is the thought you are having now the same as the one that occurred before it, yesterday or one you were so worried about 2 years ago? Of course not. Thoughts change every instant, that is their very nature. The only continuum of experience is your awareness of experience.

Edited by Jacobsrw

9 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Someone here Yes. This is easy to see.

Is the same body you have now the same as you had yesterday, last year or when you were 15? The body consists of cells which die and rebirth every day.

Is the thought you are having now the same as the one that occurred before it, yesterday or one you were so worried about 2 years ago? Of course not. Thoughts change every instant, that is their very nature. The only continuum of experience is your awareness of experience.

But we have  to assume something constant to make sense of life?  When you say "you" you assume something constant.  Even If it's an illusion I think it's a healthy illusion lol. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

When you speak about infinity that means it includes "everything". All possibilities. All perspectives. However in other places you seem to insist that reality is just some way and not the other like imaginary and not objective.   Or it's mind rather than matter. If it's infinite why couldn't be matter and  mind? 

Infinity cannot be explained to you. You must experience it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

An objective world doesn’t have any regard to a “you” because it’s objective. An objective world doesn’t need your validation because it’s objective. An objective world is not contingent on anything at all, such as being experienced, because it’s objective. Likewise, experience is not something you could have. 

@Someone here An illusion means you don’t know what’s actual. Tough to make a case that not knowing what is actual, (deluded) is healthy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Infinity cannot be explained to you. You must experience it.

OK Leo but I wish if you could elaborate a bit more. Your brief responses are kinda disappointing lol. 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

OK Leo but I wish if you could elaborate a bit more. Your brief responses are kinda disappointing lol. 

He has literally hundreds of hours of videos on YouTube explaining it. Why don't you check those out instead? 

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Someone here He does have a 2 part series on infinity

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho