JayG84

Do our thoughts manifest our Reality?

19 posts in this topic

If our reality is an "illusion" that the ego creates for us (through thoughts, beliefs, and perceptions, etc), then is the only reason we can't do something just us believing we can't? If we diminish our ego to the point that it doesn't limit our reality, couldn't we manifest whatever we want in our lives? Like the only thing holding me back from succeeding in my life purpose is my various beliefs that "things might not be in the cards for me" or "other people (gatekeepers) are standing in the way of me succeeding"or "I'm not good enough". Theoretically, could everyone be successful if nobody had an ego telling them they couldn't be successful? What would that world look like? Is this the origins of the "Law of Attraction"?. Thinking positively about something and having a Vision is just getting the ego out of the way so you can manifest it into your life. Like you're free to make another "illusion" in a way slightly more in line with your vison.

I tend to think that things are just a result of fortune or misfortune, right place at the right time kind of thing. But there is no such thing right? It's all ONE thing, right NOW. The only thing creating this is our perceptions of it, the story we tell ourselves. So if we tell ourselves another story, will it change? Are the people holding me back just manifestations of my ego? Are all of you just manifestations in consciousness helping me break down my perceptions, to help me succeed? It's so interesting to think about this being a fractal of perceptions that ultimately lead to being ONE and being able to literally manifest ANYTHING. 

I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter. Thanks!

Yes, start a dream board, write what you want. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Do you think it's enough to just think positively about something?  Is there a difference between a pipe dream that will never happen, and a legitimate vision for my future? Is all that's preventing this pipe dream from happening is the fact that I think it's a pipe dream? Meaning there is no external "people" and "situations" preventing me from achieveing my goals. Just my belief that there is? I'm just trying to see how this all works.

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Do you think it's enough to just think positively about something? 

It's enough to feel good.

Is there a difference between a pipe dream that will never happen, and a legitimate vision for my future?

No, I guess.

Is all that's preventing this pipe dream from happening is the fact that I think it's a pipe dream?

Right ?

Meaning there is no external "people" and "situations" preventing me from achieveing my goals. Just my belief that there is?

Yes. Belief is fine if it feels good ?

I'm just trying to see how this all works.

Abraham Hicks ??

@JayG84 In regards to manifestation, I try to be mindful of gaming the system. For example, I might desire a gf and happy times together. This mindset may be oriented toward something positive, yet I’ve got to be mindful of using it as a short-cut. From a self-centered view I may think “I want a gf and happy times together” and expect the LOA to bring me a gf and happy times. If this doesn’t happen, I may get frustrated. However, the desire for a gf and happy times together might attract books and workshops about how to develop into a person that is capable of having a healthy relationship. The LOA may bring in resources to help me work through past baggage and karma. However, this might not be what the self had in mind. . . 

I find it insightful to closely observe feelings and imagery of desire and motion toward manifestation. For example, I’ve been doing Yoga everyday for about 50 days. Last night at 10pm I hadn’t done Yoga, yet I wanted to keep my streak going. So, I forced myself to start yoga. After 30min., I was not into it. I started thinking about how much time is left and what I will do when it’s over. My muscle starting aching and I started imagining sitting on the couch with a smoothie watching a video. It was so much more pleasurable than my current state. Rather than acting on it, I just observed. The impatience grew and the desire got stronger. The imagery got clearer. It was like the mind and body desired it so much that it created irresistible imagery and desire. How could I say no? . . . I continued observing and it got so strong and clear, I could almost taste the smoothie. I observed how thoughts, feelings and motion are interconnected as the body stood up, walked to the blender and prepared a smoothie. . . So yes, thoughts and feelings can manifest reality and it’s amazing to observe the process (rather than being immersed within the desire).

51 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The LOA may bring in resources to help me work through past baggage and karma. However, this might not be what the self had in mind. . . 

Yes. I see that. Interesting. So even the fact that I posted this question on this message board is actually ME, as the only thing that exists, wanting to step towards my vision of understanding and surendering my ego. You guys are ME, talking to MYSELF, guiding me through life. Which is a real mindfuck because I know that you all have your own lives and are not just here to serve and help me. BUT that IS essentially whats happening. And my openness to it, is what's expressing Love for Infinite Consciousness? Do I have that right? If I wasn't open to your teaching, that would be my ego, or devil, getting in the way?

So is Love, with a capital L, the appreciation and acceptance of everything that is trying to bring me to the realization that I'm ONE with everything? Like a mirror in a mirror in a mirror etc., showing itself ITSELF, until you finally see?

And the more Love I give and let in, the more God will reveal himself to me? And the more of the life I wish to live will manifest itself?

Edited by JayG84

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

I find it insightful to closely observe feelings and imagery of desire and motion toward manifestation. For example, I’ve been doing Yoga everyday for about 50 days. Last night at 10pm I hadn’t done Yoga, yet I wanted to keep my streak going. So, I forced myself to start yoga. After 30min., I was not into it. I started thinking about how much time is left and what I will do when it’s over. My muscle starting aching and I started imagining sitting on the couch with a smoothie watching a video. It was so much more pleasurable than my current state. Rather than acting on it, I just observed. The impatience grew and the desire got stronger. The imagery got clearer. It was like the mind and body desired it so much that it created irresistible imagery and desire. How could I say no? . . . I continued observing and it got so strong and clear, I could almost taste the smoothie. I observed how thoughts, feelings and motion are interconnected as the body stood up, walked to the blender and prepared a smoothie. . . So yes, thoughts and feelings can manifest reality and it’s amazing to observe the process (rather than being immersed within the desire).

@Serotoninluv  Thank you sir, that is very useful. I used to be very skeptical of such things for a long time.

Release me.

@Serotoninluv @Nahm I have a question related to that. Doesn’t desire lead to suffering? It basically means that the present moment isn’t enough and can be better than it is.
What is your POV on it?

I started listen to the teachings by Roger Castillo and I do find is concepts very “flowing with what is” which I can understand and resonate.

@Heaven 

If you "need" something - it's suffering.

If you "want" something - it's creation, hopefully conscious ?

You are here to create, whatever you want.

Let say I have a dream board and I wrote on it: 'I am fluent in German language'. 

I don't need it. I can live the whole life without knowing German. But! I want to be fluent in German, it feels good for me. I think it will help me to enjoy life even more and will open the door for the new amazing experiences. So, it's all good now, but it's gonna be even better ?

Edited by dimitri

@Heaven

Believing desire leads to suffering is believing in causation, believing in causation one is already holding oneself apart from the ‘present moment’. Desire is not a concept in the future, it is your asking of this question. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 hours ago, Heaven said:

@Serotoninluv  I have a question related to that. Doesn’t desire lead to suffering? It basically means that the present moment isn’t enough and can be better than it is.
What is your POV on it?

I started listen to the teachings by Roger Castillo and I do find is concepts very “flowing with what is” which I can understand and resonate.

Sure. Desire can be associated with suffering. And desire can be associated with inspiration, creativity, motivation, motion and zest. And lack of desire can be associated with apathy. . . Let’s observe and consider different relationships with desire. . . 

Right now, it’s morning and I have a desire to go hiking in nature. What is the underlying energetics of this desire? Do I want to escape the present moment? Am I sitting in my house feeling like a loser, thinking about how much my life sucks and wishing I could hike in nature like the cool people I see on YouTube? . . . If so, that is a dynamic of suffering. . . . Let’s check in. . . Nope. I’m cool with the present moment. I’m drinking a delicious green tea, expressing my thoughts on actualized and feeling a desire to be in nature. . . This desire puts a smile on my face. This desire inspires imagination and curiosity. I feel excitement imagining which trails I may hike today. What animals will I see? How many birdsongs will I hear? What will I encounter that I cannot imagine now? My mind and body is not seeking to escape the feeling of desire Now, it is content experiencing it. That is the flow with what is. . . 

Let’s consider shifts in desires and unmet desires. . . Let’s say my desire to hike leads to a desire to share the experience with my friend Sally. I call Sally and ask if she would like to hike with me. Sally says she can’t because her son is sick. This is an unmet desire. How does my mind and body react? Do I go with the flow or get snagged? . . .Do I get upset and think Sally is lying to me because she doesn’t like me? Do I passive aggressively guilt trip Sally so I can get something in the future? Do I worry that Sally might ask me to help her sick son and I won’t get to go hiking? . . . These are dynamics of conflict and suffering.

Let’s suppose I let go of Sally and pursue my desire to hike. I drive to the trail and the park is closed due to the Coronavirus shutdown. How do I respond? Do I go with the flow and say “Oh well, there’s lots of other things to do. Maybe I can do another trail”. Can I laugh at the silliness of the moment?. . . Or do I get snagged? Does my mind and body get frustrated by my unmet desire? Do I start thinking about how stupid the shutdown is and how I’m getting screwed? Do I throw a temper tantrum? . . . These are dynamics of suffering.

It’s not the desire itself. Pure, innocent and genuine desire is beautiful. It is the attachment, grasping, personal agenda, escape and expectation dynamics associated with desire that fuel suffering. . . . Sometimes I watch birds expressing their desire to fly - it is so beautiful. . . 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sally says she can’t because her son is sick.

Sally is such a bitch. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Sally is such a bitch. 

?

@Nahm @Serotoninluv @dimitri You guys are awesome! Thank u for taking the time to write such a beautiful explanation??

I’ve been contemplating on this issue and I misunderstood this part of Roger’s teaching. 

Highly appreciate all of u❤️

I try to think of it as:

The only difference between a genuine desire and an egoic desire is your thoughts, beliefs, and perceptions of that desire. And since that also makes up our reality, if you're coming from a place of Self-Love (living in the moment, and not judging it, and expressing gratitude) You can manifest anything within the realm of your perceived limitations.