Shibazz

Are there any living enlightened teachers?

58 posts in this topic

As awake and present as so many teachers are I still haven't seen anyone where I was genuinely convinced that they were enlightened and ego-less.

Am I alone in this? Maybe I'm ascribing too much to the meaning of the word enlightenment and being dogmatic about that. Or, maybe I'm just interpreting people wrong but are there any teachers you feel have really liberated themselves from their egos, attachments, ideologies and truly enlightened?

Closest living teacher I could think of is Eckhart Tolle but at times it seems like there's a compassion or love that's not quite realized. The Dalai Lama is top tier but I feel like I can still see a little bit of an ego dancing around in there. What do you think? Are there any living spiritual teachers you follow who you feel are genuinely enlightened?

Edited by Shibazz

Well, assume that Nonduality is True, and that you (God) is all there is. Everything that happens within consciousness (You) is all your imagination. That means 'enlightened teachers' and how they are or are not enlightened is also all imagination. Only one that can become Awakened is you. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

32 minutes ago, Shibazz said:

but I feel like I can still see a little bit of an ego dancing around in there.

What does this mean?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Gotta sit with them irl, meditate upon them, eye gaze, that should tell you pretty easily how deep someone is, that's how you experience satsang, the talking is just crap and good ones will make that known.

You can fall into their enlightenment like that, and then your fear will probably jerk you out of it, but then you know.

14 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

That means 'enlightened teachers' and how they are or are not enlightened is also all imagination. Only one that can become Awakened is you. 

That's fascinating and inescapable, ultimately my reality is all in my imagination isn't it? But I mean that's sort of why I posed the question in the first place, because the matter is subjective, at least to the observer. Do you think trying to understand teachers/people/perspectives is just more distraction from doing the inner work and chasing delusion, or can it also be useful on the path?

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What does this mean?

I meant that I intuitively suspect that the Dalai Lama still has ego attachments but I have no evidence or examples to support that.

25 minutes ago, Shibazz said:

Do you think trying to understand teachers/people/perspectives is just more distraction from doing the inner work and chasing delusion, or can it also be useful on the path?

Teachers/people/perspectives, it's you leaving breadcrumbs/clues for yourself back to yourself (God/everything/infinite love). But can also be yourself (Ego) keeping yourself asleep. Listen to what guides you to Truth. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

1 hour ago, Shibazz said:

As awake and present as so many teachers are I still haven't seen anyone where I was genuinely convinced that they were enlightened and ego-less.

Am I alone in this? Maybe I'm ascribing too much to the meaning of the word enlightenment and being dogmatic about that. Or, maybe I'm just interpreting people wrong but are there any teachers you feel have really liberated themselves from their egos, attachments, ideologies and truly enlightened?

Closest living teacher I could think of is Eckhart Tolle but at times it seems like there's a compassion or love that's not quite realized. The Dalai Lama is top tier but I feel like I can still see a little bit of an ego dancing around in there. What do you think? Are there any living spiritual teachers you follow who you feel are genuinely enlightened?

Everyone you named, as well as everyone you’ve ever met, and everyone you know, and everyone on this forum, is already enlightened. You’re literally the last one. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Everyone you named, as well as everyone you’ve ever met, and everyone you know, and everyone on this forum, is already enlightened. You’re literally the last one. 

Noooooooooooooooooo. 

I already said, they all started jumping on my nerves. 

Bring it on my tango buddy bring it on. Trigger me. 

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

:) Damn right. Lol. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

6 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

My no. 1 out of the living ones is Francis Lucille.

Thanks Meta-Man. I've never heard of him. Checking him out :)

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Whelp, it looks like the gig is up on this one, guys. . . The next humanoid unaware it is already enlightened will arise StarDate 73fw2 in quadrant 4c, dimension 23f, orange realm. Make sure to stop by the Space Kangaroo Cafe along the way. See ya all there!!

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

@Shibazz i am enlightened. ask me anything. but not many things

Are you me?

50 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@zeroISinfinity

F5B8333C-9EBA-4E5F-9E0A-08B923FC9BF5.gif

(the real trigger here is that you can’t figure out how to post a gif once you data ran out)

Maybe I don't care. 

(oh you wanna play dettached jerk game once again) 

Buddha.jpg

5 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@James123 no. I'm soonHei

Nice for meets you bro

Cool. I am soonHei too. Lol.

Nice to meet you too brother :) 

7 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@James123

The answer always depends on who is asking :)

I am you if I was asking

And I am SoonHei if James123 was asking 

?❤️?

Dont ask, me i dont want you to be james123. Lol. At this point names are identical. :) ❤️ 

Edited by James123