Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeking_brilliance

What is space?

47 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, you assume. But that is demonstrably false.

I can trigger an enlightenment on command in 15 minutes.

Didn't intend to sound like I'm invalidating your experience. All I wanted to ask for, is for you to frame it.

• How is it possible that the relative can influence the absolute?
  • How is it possible for an entity within the relative become conscious of the absolute?

If you don't have an answer for these questions, it does not mean that you're wrong, but I would appreciate if you admitted it.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop theorizing about how reality works and explore how it actually works. It may surprise you.

It always does and I'm open to the possibility that I'm bringing beliefs to the table.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

I think your metaphysics is confusing and somehow contradicts itself. It's like either there's nervous system and brains and all that or there isn't. What difference does it make to say that there is but it's imaginary?  

That's just the nature of any explanation of reality. All explanations of reality are finite and relative and will necessarily contradict themselves.

Your error is expecting non-contradiction within the realm of maps of reality. This is impossible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:
  • How is it possible that the relative can influence the absolute?
  • How is it possible for an entity within the relative become conscious of the absolute?

If you don't have an answer for these questions, it does not mean that you're wrong, but I would appreciate if you admitted it.

How is anything possible?

Magic!

Infinity is simply magic.

The relative and the absolute are ONE! "Relative" is just a tiny dimension of the Absolute.

If relative is like a 2D plane, the Absolute is like a 10D sphere. That 2D plane is a cross-section of the 10D sphere.

26 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

the relative IS the absolute, the absolute IS the relative,

This is the part I don't fully grasp yet.
I mean, I can see how the relative is the absolute, but I can't see how the absolute is the relative.
I can see that the relative is how the absolute expresses itself, but I can't draw equality between expression and being.

I guess it's my masculine bias.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

Why any particular thing would get me any closer to self-realization than any other thing?

You're imagining an end goal called "self-realisation". That's the work of the devil, and that mental image alone is enough for it to come into existence as a real possibility. Because of the infinite potential, everything is possible. Yet, without distinctions, you could stumble upon awakening and not realise it. Notice that without knowledge of the end goal, you were fine and comfortable living in ignorance. Once you realise that there's more, what used to be satisfying once, becomes limiting now.

Another way to phrase it; We need to kill the devil in order to realise God. But for us to kill the devil, it has to exist first. So ultimately, we need the devil. It's a requirement for God-realisation.

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:

This is the part I don't fully grasp yet.
I mean, I can see how the relative is the absolute, but I can't see how the absolute is the relative.
I can see that the relative is how the absolute expresses itself, but I can't draw equality between expression and being.

I guess it's my masculine bias.

It's not something you can think or understand in your current state of consciousness.

You must enter a state of absolute consciousness.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You must enter a state of absolute consciousness.

Sigh, I guess it's time for playing with my ass ;).

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's just the nature of any explanation of reality. All explanations of reality are finite and relative and will necessarily contradict themselves.

Your error is expecting non-contradiction within the realm of maps of reality. This is impossible.

That depends on the nature of reality and how accurate is our maps in describing that nature.  I get that the  map Is not the territory but that doesn't mean all maps are equally true or equally false. The map of there being brains and chemical elements is relatively true and useful.  If we use mathematics as a map I think it's not contradictory at all and gives us accurate maping of reality. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If we use mathematics as a map I think it's not contradictory at all and gives us accurate maping of reality. 

The very fact that the mathematics is defined as non-contradictory is what makes it a terrible language for this kind of work.
The Absolute is the ultimate paradox.The Father of all paradoxes.

Edited by tsuki

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

That depends on the nature of reality and how accurate is our maps in describing that nature.

When it comes to Awakening, none of the maps are even 1% close.

I get that the  map Is not the territory

No, you don't.

You think you do, but you very much don't.

but that doesn't mean all maps are equally true or equally false.

That's right. But it won't help you here.

The map of there being brains and chemical elements is relatively true and useful.

Yes, which is why I use it.

If we use mathematics as a map I think it's not contradictory at all and gives us accurate maping of reality. 

Haha!

Of course mathematics and all logics are self-contradictory. The way that is overcome is by denying the contradictions and rigging them to outlaw self-reference.

Any self-referential symbolic system is self-contradictory.

Everything I say is a lie ;)

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When it comes to Awakening, none of the maps are even 1% close.

No, you don't.

You think you do, but you very much don't.

That's right. But it won't help you here.

Yes, which is why I use it.

Haha!

Of course mathematics and all logics are self-contradictory. The way that is overcome is by denying the contradictions and rigging them to outlaw self-reference.

Any self-referential symbolic system is self-contradictory.

Everything I say is a lie ;)

OK boss! 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Space is just Mind/Consciousness.

Mind is an infinite empty field which can imagine anything.

The irony is that if you take 5-MeO-DMT, you will realize what Ralston is saying, but Ralston will deny this possibility. Lol!

Oh how silly even the enlightened ones are.

So if space of alpha, then matter, or anything imagined, is omega? And yet there is no separation between the two ? and Jesus claimed to be both ?? how hard it must have been to explain that to simpler minds 2000 years ago, until he started teaching them astral projection. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@Dand Math doesn't contradict itself.

Dividing with 0 doesn't have a meaning.

You can't divide an apple with 0.

You can divide it with 1 and get 1 apple

With 2 and get 0.5

with 3 and get 0.(3)

or you can divide it theoretically

with 0.5 and get 2 apples

with 0.(3) and get 3

(The division is the multiplication in reverse).

But dividing it with 0 doesn't have any meaning.

Math is perfect and it cannot contradict itself.

If you do math corectly you will always get the right answer,the 100% precise answer.

1 cannot be ever equal to 2.

He gets this result in this video because he doesn't do math corectly.

If you divide both sides with 0 you get the wrong answer,duh.

Is not that math will break down lol.

Is that it is simply don't defined in math.

Tell me the result of 2:)))=

see?

you can't divide 2 by parenthesis or by:P.

Stop creating retarded theories for fucks sake.

Math specifically banned the division with paranthesis because paranthesis is related to enlightenment and if you divide with parenthesis the math will break down.

see how retarded it sounds?

The same thing happens is with 0.

6 minutes ago, freeman194673 said:

Math doesn't contradict itself.

Lol

See Godel's Incompleteness Theorem and Russell's paradox.

All sufficiently complex symbolic systems must necessarily contradict themselves because Truth is infinite while symbolic systems are always finite.

Contradiction isn't a bug, it's a feature.

@freeman194673 bro math is a system. a system that can't encompass zero, nothing, nor infinity. and nothing and infinity are aspects of reality.

4 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

@freeman194673 bro math is a system. a system that can't encompass zero, nothing, nor infinity. and nothing and infinity are aspects of reality.

Well, by that logic it can't even encompass a kangroo, nevermind infinity.

yeah yeah but nothing (0) and everything (∞) are terms that are related to numbers. and mathematics is a numeral system.

4 minutes ago, Kshantivadin said:

nothing (0) and everything (∞) are terms that are related to numbers

No they aren't.

Spiritual Nothing and Everything are not numbers.

Everything can't be a number. Since number is a duality, which means there must at least be numbers and non-numbers.

Nothing also cannot be a number since numbers, even zero, are something.

Space is what you imagine when you imagine space or try to imagine nothing. Numbers are what you imagine when you imagine numbers. 

"As the universe is the body of the mind, so is consciousness the body of the supreme. It is not conscious, but it gives rise to consciousness."  -― Nisargadatta Maharaj

Q: That is how God runs the world.

M: God is not running the world.

Q: Then who is doing it?

M: Nobody. All happens by itself. You are asking the question and you are supplying the answer. And you know the answer when you ask the question. All is a play in consciousness.

When you interact with someone or something, you are not you, they are not someone. You could say you are the interaction, the space between the two of you, yet encompassing you. Consciousness of this is love. Attachment to one in favor of the other is illusory. 

Or play. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost