Rilles

A Deep Question To Contemplate (For Non-Enlightened Folks)

45 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Osaid said:

@Nahm haha true

Definitely. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

With regards to the OP...something I've been thinking about a little bit is what is my mind........

For something that is meant to be so prevalent, it seems so... invisible. What os a..."mind". I've also been thinking about what it means for something to "exist". 

And I love this little nugget of wisdom when applied to questioning reality and contemplating stuff... "The question is also the answer." Hehe

Edited by Aaron p

Great question. I couldn't "think" of an answer. A thought is a thought. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Osaid 5’s the most accurate. 

Instead of apples you know what's in "my head"? 

Yes, you guess'd it right. Lingerie. 

11 hours ago, Aaron p said:

With regards to the OP...something I've been thinking about a little bit is what is my mind........

For something that is meant to be so prevalent, it seems so... invisible. What os a..."mind". I've also been thinking about what it means for something to "exist". 

And I love this little nugget of wisdom when applied to questioning reality and contemplating stuff... "The question is also the answer." Hehe

The mind is a concept, it doesnt exist as a "thing", what exists is the phenomema of thoughts and images as they are, if you want to lump the two together and call it mind thats fine but there is no "container". I think the idea of a mind as a container comes from our materialist idea of separating body, mind and an outside world, but in reality they are all interlinked. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!