Rilles

A Deep Question To Contemplate (For Non-Enlightened Folks)

45 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Osaid said:

That's what is so perplexing about thoughts, I CAN see them, but not in the conventional way. I see an apple in my thought right now, clear as day, but it is not in physical reality.

Are you actually seeing things when you dream? But there are no eyes to see anything, right? Do we really need eyes to see? 

When i close my eyes, i created the apple in my thoughts. But it is existed within nothingness (no color just nothingness , if you imagine the color, which is created by and within nothingness). So, I believe, thoughts are not there. Thought is like a stupid sound. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Please stop confusing the asker of the question, and stop confusing yourself. That statement helps no one

Thought is made by so called ego, which is an illusion. If you have no thoughts, there will be no you or life. 

@James123 Reality itself exists within nothingness, just like a thought.

It really boils down to what you consider "real". IMO, anything that you perceive is real. The ego does not exist, but the illusion of ego is still something that people experience. Do you consider a dream real? You could say no, it is just something that happens in my head and disappears like a thought. But, it is definitely true that the phenomena of a dream is something that happens.

There IS something there that is happening, and that something is happening within reality. I do not see any reason to not consider it real.

50 minutes ago, James123 said:

Thought is made by so called ego, which is an illusion. If you have no thoughts, there will be no you or life. 

Thoughts are used as a tool by the ego, but they are not made by the ego. Identification with thoughts is what creates ego.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

48 minutes ago, Osaid said:
1 hour ago, James123 said:

Thoughts are used as a tool by the ego, but they are not made by the ego. Identification with thoughts is what creates ego.

We Are both talking about same thing. Only the difference, survival instinct is created the first ego and after that thoughts. Because, any creature or animal has a survival instinct, which let them to create them own ego (Or natural instinct created the purpose of them life). But in these examples, we cant talk about they think or not. And according to biology humans are %100 animal. So we comprehend and named this situation as thinking that is an assumption of humans, even saying that we are human. Lol. Or we are behaving with our natural instinct, and we call it as a thought. Thats what i believe. 

Edited by James123

9 hours ago, blankisomeone said:

I don't freaking know what thoughts are made of and it doesn't matter. In my direct experience I can only tell you that they are there. Coming from nowhere and disappearing into nowhere. Sorry, but there's not much more I can say.

Thread went off track... I like this answer alot, its honest

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles your question was, what is thought made out of from? Which is a direct and clear question. The answer that you got satisfy with is the type of answer as saying nothing or I don’t know. No one maybe knows it. But if you did get satisfied with this answer, you shouldn’t ask the question in the first place. Waste of time. We are here to learn and discover.  

Edited by James123

2 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Rilles your question was, what is thought made out of from? Which is a direct and clear question. The answer that you got satisfy with is the type of answer as saying nothing or I don’t know. No one maybe knows it. But if you did get satisfied with this answer, you shouldn’t ask the question in the first place. Waste of time. We are here to learn and discover.  

I didnt say it satisfied me, I said I like it, I like that he is honest. I will keep looking at what my own thoughts are until I die. 

Cool brother. Thanks for honest answer. 

6 hours ago, cypres said:

It's the aspect of reality each being considers relevant for their survival to have awareness of.

Definitely.

23 hours ago, Rilles said:

What is a thought made of? 

Have fun! :P

Sugar,Spice and everything Nice.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Here is an answer most people aren't humble enough to give;

I don't know.

hrhrhtewgfegege

9 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't know.

Our friend up there was humble enough, I personally dont know yet but dang it I will find out. :P

Whats fascinating about thoughts is that they can take almost any shape but they still remain the same substance... which is really interesting... I cant think of much in the material world that can do that as effortlessly. 

Edited by Rilles

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

I don't know

This is not about being humble or not. It is impossible to know anything in the first place. We are just trying to figure out or discover some new info in the duality. Thats it. 

Thoughts are just an appearance/aspect within consciousness, just like anything else. You could go for the scientific explanation and say it is an electro-chemical reaction in our brain which allows us to somehow perceive images, but we know that is just a story. Just like how you could explain that a chair is just made of wood that was cut down from a tree. In the end, it is just an appearance that appears out of nothing and is made of consciousness. This appearance helped us survive as a species in this reality.

If you were in a dream, you could see a chair and say "wow that chair is made of wood", but we know that the chair is just pure imagination that was created out of nothing.

However, I think there are more to thoughts than just appearances. You can use it as a tool for raising consciousness or maybe manifesting paranormal abilities, who knows really. If the ego can use our thoughts to cause so much suffering, it makes sense that it can have serious positive affects if we use it for good. It seems evident to me that our thoughts are linked to infinite intelligence, just like everything else. Where else do all these amazing intuitive ideas come from?

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid

On 2020-04-30 at 10:02 PM, Osaid said:

@James123 Apparently some people aren't able to have super vivid pictures in their thoughts, which is interesting. I personally can imagine a high definition apple in my head right now. So, I can definitely see my thoughts.

You too? I can also visualize things almost to a High Definition standard, although I admit some hard work was involved. Mind sharing what that's like for you and if any work was involved what it's like? 

@Danioover9000 It's like seeing without eyes. It's just there in my head. It's like looking at a dream but from an outside perspective.

I've always been able to do it, it's not that hard for me. Apparently some people can barely produce images, which surprised me because I assumed everyone could do it since it was the norm for me.

A test they do is they ask you to imagine an apple, and see where you land on this chart. 5 being the least accurate obviously. Apparently some people cant visualize at all.

download.jpg

Edited by Osaid

@Osaid

On 2020-05-06 at 11:42 PM, Osaid said:

@Danioover9000 It's like seeing without eyes. It's just there in my head. It's like looking at a dream but from an outside perspective.

I've always been able to do it, it's not that hard for me. Apparently some people can barely produce images, which surprised me because I assumed everyone could do it since it was the norm for me.

A test they do is they ask you to imagine an apple, and see where you land on this chart. 5 being the least accurate obviously. Apparently some people cant visualize at all.

download.jpg

Not only is it a one for me, but there's the feel, smell, taste, and crunchy sound of an apple pie topped with sugar shavings and cream on the side. And all of this I can do despite my partial blindness on both eyes, which my mind can remarkably construct around.

Regarding thoughts, why could thoughts be emotionally charging...and tasty?

@Danioover9000 Yeah my body actually seems to mistake thoughts for real food and responds accordingly lol. Our sense of smell is actually very closely linked to memory, that's why when you smell something it can remind you of something you forgot about. The mind is a crazy thing.

@Nahm haha true