TrustTheProcess

Spiral Dynamics, Enlightenment, and Spirituality

13 posts in this topic

For some background on myself. I grew up in a blue christian environment, evolved to orange and was atheist in my teens, and now, my spirituality is pretty green with touches of turquoise thanks to some of Leo's videos and a handful of non-dual experiences I've had.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what spirituality looks like in the feminine stages(Purple, Blue, Green, Turquoise), but I am wondering what spirituality looks like in the masculine stages(red, orange, yellow).

Also, I think in a video, Leo mentioned that one can be enlightened at any stage. I am having trouble conceptualizing how a stage blue monk for example who is prejudice against gay people can realize oneness. 

Edited by louhad

2 hours ago, louhad said:

Leo mentioned that one can be enlightened at any stage. I am having trouble conceptualizing how a stage blue monk for example who is prejudice against gay people can realize oneness. 

By realizing they are fundamentally undivided awareness, the "apparent" person that seems to be a stage blue monk who is prejudice against gay people is "ultimately" illusion. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@louhad
 " I think I have a pretty good idea of what spirituality looks like in the feminine stages(Purple, Blue, Green, Turquoise), but I am wondering what spirituality looks like in the masculine stages(red, orange, yellow)."

I hadn't looked at SD in masculine/feminine terms before, that's an interesting perspective. 

"and now, my spirituality is pretty green"  ... "I am having trouble conceptualizing how a stage blue monk for example who is prejudice against gay people can realize oneness. "
Your stage green perspective could explain this, green sees life through its more liberal lens; when you can conceptualise this apparent paradox it's a sign you're moving into yellow ;)   

16 hours ago, louhad said:

For some background on myself. I grew up in a blue christian environment, evolved to orange and was atheist in my teens, and now, my spirituality is pretty green with touches of turquoise thanks to some of Leo's videos and a handful of non-dual experiences I've had.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what spirituality looks like in the feminine stages(Purple, Blue, Green, Turquoise), but I am wondering what spirituality looks like in the masculine stages(red, orange, yellow).

Also, I think in a video, Leo mentioned that one can be enlightened at any stage. I am having trouble conceptualizing how a stage blue monk for example who is prejudice against gay people can realize oneness. 

A Prejudice stage Blue Monk who awakens might just stop staring at the wall during meditation there's no telling...?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

16 hours ago, louhad said:

It's not a good idea to classify entire stages as masculine or feminine. Masculine/feminine is a typology which cuts across all stages. Likewise, introvert/extrovert cuts across all stages.

See my video called Spiral Dynamics - Nuances

I am having trouble conceptualizing how a stage blue monk for example who is prejudice against gay people can realize oneness. 

That's exactly what most Eastern monks and yogis are like. Zen masters are famous for this kind of behavior. They can be very enlightened but sexist, racist, homophobic, nationalistic, etc. because the mind is still at stage Blue due to the culture it is steeped in.

Enlightenment will not rewire your entire mind and it will not deprogram it of all cultural biases and beliefs. That requires much more work.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

well there is a hint about tendencies of the yin and yang aspects – although there are strong differences in individuals. the archetypes still play a roll in individual and group development and identity. even though it would be nice if skippable but proper animus/anima work or better understanding the pattern/structure of our gender fallacies are crucial in developing respect, understanding and value for our light shadow – if not also understood that way, it might be difficult to even understand what lingers in the dark, not to talk about abysses.

Edited by remember

19 hours ago, louhad said:

It’s because you can’t conceptualized enlightenment by projecting it onto anyone else. In assessing the monk, you veil yourself more. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's exactly what most Eastern monks and yogis are like. Zen masters are famous for this kind of behavior. They can be very enlightened but sexist, racist, homophobic, nationalistic, etc. because the mind is still at stage Blue due to the culture it is steeped in.

Enlightenment will not rewire your entire mind and it will not deprogram it of all cultural biases and beliefs. That requires much more work.

Would that mean that it would be possible for say a red warlord who orders troops to rape and pillage villages or an orange oil ceo who lobbies to maximize profits without regard for externalities or a judgmental sjw type green to be enlightened? I thought enlightenment was the dissolution of the self, dissolution of the illusory perception of separation, dissolution of the neurotic impulse to survive-- living in pure harmony with what is(Reminder-- I am speaking from a spiritual frame of reference with a green center of gravity).

Holding racist beliefs, raping and pillaging villages, general orange corporate activity, and mean green sjw shenanigans for example seem to be deeply rooted in survival and separation. If I have it all wrong, I would like to learn more and have more of an explanation than just "you're stage green, you'll grow out of it" or a video or other resource. I'd love to see an in depth tier 2 perspective on this. 

30 minutes ago, louhad said:

Would that mean that it would be possible for say a red warlord who orders troops to rape and pillage villages or an orange oil ceo who lobbies to maximize profits without regard for externalities or a judgmental sjw type green to be enlightened?

Just because you get enlightened doesn't mean you will give up on survival. The stage red warlord has no alternative but to pillage if he doesn't have the cultural impetus to move to stage blue.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@louhad In practice warlords and CEOs will never reach enlightenment.

There are many degrees of it. So even if someone has a peak at enlightenment, it will only be a small peak.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe being stage Blue in that place and time is best. Clearly most of the people there have stuck to that mindset, and if you are to get along with them, you also should adopt (or pretend to adopt) that mindset.

Of course they shouldn’t exhibit all the negative aspects of Blue, but I think some of them will decide to agree with it, just to keep peace with the people they are living with.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Maybe being stage Blue in that place and time is best. Clearly most of the people there have stuck to that mindset, and if you are to get along with them, you also should adopt (or pretend to adopt) that mindset.

Of course they shouldn’t exhibit all the negative aspects of Blue, but I think some of them will decide to agree with it, just to keep peace with the people they are living with.

Everything is best by definiton, by the mere fact of its existence.

Whatever you choose to create will become what is "best".

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything is best by definiton, by the mere fact of its existence.

Whatever you choose to create will become what is "best".

Wise words.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie