ardacigin

What are Sadhguru's Essential Spiritual Teachings?

10 posts in this topic

Since I don't know much about Sahdguru, I want to ask to those who know more about him: What are his teaching methods to spirituality?

Is it systematic or more general like Eckhart Tole?

Any book or series of talks would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yellow+Turquoise. He thinks in systems, he wants to make an impact in this world for sure. But I noticed that he hold a lot of Truths, he doesn't speak about a lot of things, which I understand you need to be quiet in front of a lot of people that are following you. He kinda simplifies his teachings to the masses and that's OK. He is the middle man here, Wise to a point. Later you need to transcend him. But he is worth watching. His insights actually helped me to awaken quicker, filled the gaps that was missing.

Mahadev

He's probably one of the more well-rounded teachers.  Since hes such a good story-teller people love to listen to him. From time to time, I listen to him from videos I have seen before and seem to get more out of it.   At the very least you can learn how to tell stories listening to him.

Adyashanti is my favorite teacher as far as the topic of awakening goes.  

I would say Sadhguru is more advanced that Eckhart

Edited by Tanz

:) I watch Sadhguru's videos from time to time but I wanted to know his exact spiritual methods. Lİke Kriya yoga, pranayama etc. What is his main area of focus? 

Is it as simple as 'just sit and be conscious' or are there other aspects to his teachings?

I don't like at all how demonized he's become here on this forum because Leo said he's not fully awake. That might be true, but everything he says is spot on, if he's not fully awake like Leo says, he wouldn't be able to dismiss those states since he's not aware of them.

He is as pure as turquoise can get, but there are stages beyond turquoise. 

He teaches his yogic processes via live courses. Those include real initiations which is kinda occult art I guess and he is master of doing this. Some energy transmission will happen through initiation. This is his kriya yoga.

He also teaches classical hatha yoga and you can find teachers all over the world nowadays.

Personally I've done his hatha classes and his inner engineering(kriya yoga) and practiced now about 10months. Great stuff. 

You really cant know his techniques without doing the courses which require a lot of effort.

Hope this helps a little.

His approach is not similar to Sri Ramana Maharishi types and not strong determination sitting or zen also.

What he teaches is hatha yoga, consecration of spaces, gives general and somewhat logical peoples advice in life, although i love that it has been changing more towards occult and straight into mysticism talk, because he gained more reverence. He dwelves alot in kriya yoga and hatha yoga. He is a very versatile teacher and will make you think in multiple angles about one topic. He has conscecrated some lingas. And he is nod directly into teaching about enlightenment but more about your wellbeing in your body and in the people around you.

This is my take in him.

Lol, Spiral Dynamics gets destroyed in stage Coral :P

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

He might help you attain if you are an "high-level old soul" (google The Michael Teaching Soul Age for info), otherwise he can only inspire you to the reality of a light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel he is pointing to might be the wrong one for you, as it is for most people. My theory, like I said many times on this forum and in my subreddit linked in my signature (with further explanations), is that if you're not an old soul, meditation alone isn't enough to awaken, you need psychedelics.

Edited by Arzack

Powerful todays's discourse on sadhguru's spiritual path.

Worth a watch.

Edited by Salvijus