Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

What can I do to remove negativity?

11 posts in this topic

• What are the best exercises to remove negativity?

This sounds very general but to be more specific:

Something happened. I feel negative, afterwards. What can I do to remove the negativity?

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Hi Rasheed, how about, instead, try:

1. don't pursue the removing of negativity, focus on increasing positivity. usually things grow based on where attention is placed. 

2. breathe, breath work. relax, intend to do better, live better

23 hours ago, pranaman said:

Hi Rasheed, how about, instead, try:

1. don't pursue the removing of negativity, focus on increasing positivity. usually things grow based on where attention is placed. 

2. breathe, breath work. relax, intend to do better, live better

Thanks. I also, further researched this subject and found, best way is to surrender. I found great resource on that: 

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

For me, negativity comes in the form of depression. It’s hard to get out of that low or negative consciousness when it’s a big part of your reality and has shaped the identity of the character you breathe through. 

It helps to have certain coping skills to distract yourself from falling so deep into unnecessary suffering. Negativity is fine, so is sadness, but letting emotions or thoughts fall deep into that darkness is not healthy or balanced. And by you asking how to remove negativity, it shows that it isn’t serving you anymore. 

Surrendering to the flow of life is the ultimate answer I have found. Outside of me might be darkness, but to fight it is to let it in. To see it is different than to speak it. When negativity has creeped into your own silent thoughts, you are no longer in control. Surrender to the you that has become negative. Love that you and promise that you will heal you. Be  vulnerable enough to accept reality by surrender all of you. Work on staying balanced and rational, not letting the ego feed itself into darkness.

Feeling negative about being negative is an endless cycle. You have to pay attention to how you feel. Find what it feels like to be peaceful and relaxed inside your mind, then work on maintaining that feeling and not letting the parts that don’t serve you back in. 

A good quote from the Bible goes something like.. It’s not what goes into someone that makes them bad, but what comes out. Because what comes out of someone has to go through the heart. 

And your heart feeds your spirit, the essence of the higher self. If it feeds negativity, or worse, constant anger and hate, your spirit is or will become a devil/demon/dark/negative. Feed your spirit Love and Peace instead, and be an angel/light/positive. But that is up to each of us. What to let out of our heart. 

*just an opinion

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Whatever arises, love that.

There's a book with that very name that might interest you, by Matt Kahn.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

try breath and visualization:

inhale the problems you want to fix in your life which makes you feel negativity, while visualizing a pure "light" entering your lungs.

then, exhale a dark smoke...

do this for several minutes.

In general by increasing your awareness all problems will disappear.

For special situations that tends to make you feel sad, notice the thoughts that arise in these. How you think about something will determine how you feel about it.

There is no external negativity.

Something "horrible" could happen, and if you chose to view that something neutrally, or even as if it were a good thing, it would longer be horrible. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

by "unconditional observation" and not putting up any resistance against it! (what you resist, persists!)

it's clear in some situations, it's hard but by developing yourself more and more, the range of tolerance will get larger and larger.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

For me, I have struggled a lot with this in the past. What worked for me:

I do contemplation and meditation to try and become more aware of myself. I think try to take a step back from myself, as if seeing my own body from a third person perspective. I ask, "Why am I feeling what I feeling right now? What has happened to lead me to this very moment, of where I am right now? So what about these past events, why do they make me feel this way? What can I do about the situation in the present?" Pain is an indicator that something in your life has to change. Through adversity comes growth.

I find that adopting an actionable mindset - taking action is very powerful. So is asking "so what" about anything. This thing has happened? So what? Does this ultimately matter in my life, and even if it does what can I do about it? Also, practice letting go on a regular basis. The answers might not come to you straight away, for sure, but keep the faith. ^_^

Edited by karltiboleng

Look up David r hawkins on surrendering. Basically you let go of the POSITIONALITY and the PAYOFF you get from being negative. So you don’t have to let go of hating your stepmom, you let go of the payoff you get from hating your stepmom 

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.