Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UDT

Is Holistic Health a Business Model?

20 posts in this topic

Hey, Im wondering if what I do makes sense.
If you have time and are interested in Performance Optimization,
could you give me some feedback on my Youtube Channel?
youtube.com/c/TheARTOFMEDICINE365

I get no results so I need to adjust my content, but I don´t know what I could do. 

Would be amazing ! Big hugs

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

hey, Tim, in a completely chaotic unstructured way (sorry for that) a few ideas for your product.

I am not a heavy youtube user, but when I landed to your channel I asked myself these questions:

• Why shall I trust this guy? How can I know that he is the one I should spend my time with among many others (more famous)?
  • The title of the channel was promising, but I could not find immediately some deep profound content. Some physical exercises at accelerated video? What can I learn from it? And again - so much of structured detailed content about every subject - how are you different?
  • Think about who is your audience. If they are orange etc. - think about how you can reach their consciousness, use orange things (studies, numbers etc.). If your audience is green (which is probably it) - think about how you can outstand from others.
  • So in general - what's unique about your channel?

Yes, definitely. There are multiple people I know off the top of my head that have successful holistic health businesses. 

On 26/03/2020 at 0:36 AM, Dima said:

hey, Tim, in a completely chaotic unstructured way (sorry for that) a few ideas for your product.

I am not a heavy youtube user, but when I landed to your channel I asked myself these questions:

• Why shall I trust this guy? How can I know that he is the one I should spend my time with among many others (more famous)?
  • The title of the channel was promising, but I could not find immediately some deep profound content. Some physical exercises at accelerated video? What can I learn from it? And again - so much of structured detailed content about every subject - how are you different?
  • Think about who is your audience. If they are orange etc. - think about how you can reach their consciousness, use orange things (studies, numbers etc.). If your audience is green (which is probably it) - think about how you can outstand from others.
  • So in general - what's unique about your channel?

Thank you Dima for your feedback!

I am thinking a lot about your 2 Point.
I originally planned deep actualized.org like videos about holistic health which would go 45min to 2hours.
But then I find people like to consume videos not longer than 10 to 15 minutes. 
What do you say makes more sense?  Long format deep videos, or more frequent shorter surface videos ?

Next to the exercise videos (which you can learn how I set up workouts from) I now have 

The Art of Medicine Show
-> which is a Podcast interviewing Holistic Health Educators, and Outstanding Athletes to learn from their experiences and practices. 

Thanks again! 

Follow Dima's advice!!! it's aweseome!  I have some other tips on how you could get more views.

1) you said on your video that your channel is for everyone, I'd suggest narrowing down your audience to something really specific 

1)  Read "CRUSH IT By Gary Vee, it will show you how to get lots of traffic from your social media pages to youtube! 

2) Do video collabs with well know people in your industry 

3) Find a few platforms who do similar blog posts to you, ask them if they would share your content on their page in exchange for something.

4) learn search engine optimization, there are lots of free 10hr courses about this on youtube

5) keep on posting, you have only been doing it for 2 months.  On avarage it take 6 months to a few years to build a loyal following in many cases

@Dima @Tom T

Thanks for the input!

I worked on my style, it would be great to get some feedback on that. 
Unfortunately Its not really successful still, I dont get good audience retention so either Im a shitty speaker or the information is not relevant.
To me, the information is quite good, so it must be me? Peace!

you are not very engaging! it seems you are just reading down something or saying something you memorized before. Bring more energy! or more Love! Or a bit of drama, like critizising bad health routines, bad advise. 

Focus on Marketing not only on Content.  Your content has to be your marketing. At the start of the video explain to me in a extremly passionate way why this video and your channel are amazing. If you can only convince me that they are good, I will watch someone I think is amazing..

Good luck ;)

watch how this dude makes his video. Very engaging! The listener instantly hooked 

See if you can get rid of the shadow from your newest video with a angled light if possible. As a general tip would be just to be consistent. Audience retention falls fast without consistent uploads. I see you are uploading a bit more recently though.  Are you doing any keyword research? 

This is definitely an important niche. Most people are into stage orange medicine, but over time you will start to see people start to become more interested into holistic medicine. There is plenty of market for this topic and it will only expand and grow with time. 

Holistic health is not a business model, its a domain.

A business model is a way you make money. 

Holistic health definitely is a domain with a lot of potential. There are already quite some people who are making good money from it.

The question is, how are you going to position yourself in this domain so you attract customers and what business model do you use to gain money from those customers.

I think it’s first about providing value to a specific group of people in a specific way. Once you have traction with that, you can think more about what type of business model you can use to gain money in return for the value you offer.

Question right now is; are you already providing a lot of value, but people have not caught up to you yet? If yes, than it is about consistency and marketing.

If no, than go back to the drawing table and think about who you are targeting, what their needs are, and how you are solving those needs.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

As someone who is trying to create a career in that industry, I have come to realise that you have to niche yourself. There is just no other way. The market is oversaturated with Dr Bergs and Josh Axes who cover everything but also nothing at the same time as none of these guys will pull you out of bad health condition...their advice is just kinda ok but not deep enough. Being a "know-all" practitioner or creator just doesn't bring the yield anymore. 

My only advice would be to find your perfect listener, identify his challenges, create an Avatar of who he/she is and tailor videos to them. 

Example: Maybe you want to target men in their 20s who are looking to improve their cognitive abilities as they go through uni? Once you know the audience you can tailor your keywords and your search optimisation. 

On the other hand, I'll say that this is something I'm still figuring out for myself so by no means am I speaking from position of knowledge or authority on the topic. 

EDIT: it's all about being found. Once you have the audience, you can go 365 again as health is never looked at in isolation but the million $ question is "how do you attract people"? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 15/05/2020 at 1:21 AM, Philipp said:

you are not very engaging! it seems you are just reading down something or saying something you memorized before. Bring more energy! or more Love! Or a bit of drama, like critizising bad health routines, bad advise. 

Focus on Marketing not only on Content.  Your content has to be your marketing. At the start of the video explain to me in a extremly passionate way why this video and your channel are amazing. If you can only convince me that they are good, I will watch someone I think is amazing..

Good luck ;)

Cheers! Yea Ive noticed that myself, Im working on that (tried it with the video on fast food to be more engaging)

Thanks!

On 15/05/2020 at 0:44 PM, Philipp said:

watch how this dude makes his video. Very engaging! The listener instantly hooked 

Yea I dig it!
He has tremendous videography skills to make his videos cinematic and capturing.
However, If you look behind the videography towards the actual information, Im not so hooked.

But its a good point, I could switch between me and footage, zoom in and zoom out to increase drama, and use music:
Buuuut
My original idea was more to create a consistent talking head format, where the information is why you listen, not because it
is "entertaining" per se. 
But I get your point.

I should be entertaining and provide great value information while being a talking head. 

On 13.5.2020 at 10:38 PM, UDT said:

@Dima @Tom T

Thanks for the input!

I worked on my style, it would be great to get some feedback on that. 
Unfortunately Its not really successful still, I dont get good audience retention so either Im a shitty speaker or the information is not relevant.
To me, the information is quite good, so it must be me? Peace!

Some feedback (purely subjective)

-Dont show your insta name during the whole video. Its distracting.

-I want to know how I should train but you are talking about mitochondria. Then you go on to recommend further media on mitochondria that Im not interested in the first place.

-Maybe talk about the right exercise in the beginning and then continue with the 3 systems and so on.

-Use graphics. There are so many technical terms and so many systems. Its really good to have some drawings for better understanding. (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyyBwIW5UNw).

-That goes with the above: Use less technical terms. They do make you look intelligent but also many people will find it hard to trust you when you use too many. Try simpler terms if you want to reach a broader audience. If you do use one make sure to explain it with simple words first. (In an entertaining way would be best).

-Be more authentic, bring some personality into it.

-Stand up instead of sitting down.

@universe  Appreciate it ! 

Next video will be more expression and graphics and some cinematic drama ;)

Not to plug my stuff here to much BUUUT
I think I improved bcs I implemented the generous feedback I got here.

AND
thus would like another quick slaps of feedback if you have some time!
Peace!

@UDT WOWW!!! this video is 100 times better than the first one you posted on this thread.  Amazing work man, keep it up! 

On 24/03/2020 at 4:02 PM, UDT said:

Hey, Im wondering if what I do makes sense.
If you have time and are interested in Performance Optimization,
could you give me some feedback on my Youtube Channel?
youtube.com/c/TheARTOFMEDICINE365

I get no results so I need to adjust my content, but I don´t know what I could do. 

Would be amazing ! Big hugs

It is but similar to fitness and workout channels, its played out. The competition is abundant and the market is pretty tapped. Give it a go. See what happens. Personally, I rather learn to code or study engineering. Actually make something of my own but I digress. 

@Tom T Thanks man I appreciate it. 

I had no real success with those videos either, much more views but little engagement. 

I think @Onemanwolfpac is right that fitness/workout channels are played out and there needs to be innovation happening.

If I want to succeed in the field of teaching holistic health I need to innovate here.

I´ve tried to make 2 documentary style videos about health topics, but these take ages and Im not good enough to make them a real blockbuster.

Now Im really stucko.