Zena asian girl

Can I view actualized.org in China?

16 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody that knows! I have to go to China recently.I wonder if I can visit actualized.org in China without a vpn?

You should probably just have a VPN anyway, but from here it looks to be accessible.
https://www.comparitech.com/privacy-security-tools/blockedinchina/

Not sure how legitimate it is. If you're using your own devices I wouldn't worry too much about using a VPN, but research the laws yourself first. Make sure to have multiple VPNs setup and installed on your own devices, ideally locked and encrypted if possible. Know that big things like YouTube are blocked, of course.

Edited by Vladz0r

yes you can i lived there for 7 years and could access it without a vpn. You can get on the forum but need a vpn to watch the videos.

i lived there for 3 years, yes you can, use a vpn, just be prepared for a snail paced internet connection when visiting ”western” sites

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I lived in China for two years and yes, you can access the forum, but none of the videos work. I tried using VPN but the connection was really unreliable so in the end, I downloaded the mp3 audios to the videos so I could listen to the content uninterrupted.

I hope this helps - It can be frustrating trying to access high-consciousness resources like this in China. 

Nice where did you guys live? I was in Chengdu. I suggest getting Astrill that VPN works really well there but you have to get it before entering China as you need a VPN to get on the websites to buy VPNs

24 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Nice where did you guys live? I was in Chengdu. I suggest getting Astrill that VPN works really well there but you have to get it before entering China as you need a VPN to get on the websites to buy VPNs

Wuhan... if you can believe that... dodged a bullet. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On 3/23/2020 at 2:37 AM, andyjohnsonman said:

you need a VPN to get on the websites to buy VPNs

Lol

Nice strange loop.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

it isnt true though that you need a vpn to download a vpn in China. 

The absolute fastest and best vpn is shadowsocks on a desktop and shadowrocket on your mobile, somehow theyre the same company by different names or sth.

express vpn works well but IME they are susceptible to shutdowns when king Xi comes to town or when the coronavirus started for example.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

VPNs are ultimately centralized points of control, I'm not saying they're useless, but they provide a false sense of security which is dangerous. It is not enough to protect against state actors like China, forget about it.

Use Tor browser to connect to the Tor network. I know Tor guard node connections are blocked in China, so you have to use a bridge.

IMPORTANT: Use 'obfs4' bridge only. Obfs4 bridges makes your traffic look like regular HTTPS. If a bridge is blocked, request a new bridge from the Tor project by sending an email to bridges.torproject.org.   

Release me.

@JohnDoe

great info thanks!

I can never get TOR to work in china, now i know why

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Try out the Orbot app on your phone, you can route apps trough Tor there, it also has bridges option. Its free and open-source.

nse-8039192171561379641-Screenshot_20200328-162223.png.png

@montecristo  You're welcome. Be careful though, make sure to refuse connections over HTTP (always use HTTPS). You can do this with the built-in HTTPS Everywhere plugin. Enable the 'Encrypt all sites eligible' option. This is obviously only for connecting to clearnet websites.

Also, never install additional plugins to the browser, it makes you more finger-printable.

@Yog Orbot is great, acts like a system-wide VPN for Android. But it's a problem when you're using it with, for example, Chrome browser (which may leak your real IP through WebRTC). For this reason, I'd recommend the Tor Browser for Android (which is a separate app). It's up-to-date and takes care of vulnerabilities.

Release me.