VeganAwake

Nothing matters!! (vegans highest teaching)

240 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Consilience said:

How many sides does a circle have? 0... right...

A circle has one side.....but that still fits with the story you are telling though.... infinite and one ...haha.

@SOUL well said.  i didn't see his post either.  We wouldn't want someone to confuse inner peace with nihilism.  If its not properly broken down it could lead to that.

On another more metaphysical note i noticed something interesting about the statement "Nothing Matters" if taken literally.  If taken literally it is kind of like the paradox "I am lying" or "This statement is a lie".

I'm sure you guys have heard of the above lie paradox which basically means if the liar is indeed lying, then the liar is telling the truth, in which case the liar just lied.  A paradox if you will 

Well metaphysically i would say the same exists for the statement "Nothing Matters"  if nothing matters literally, then the statement "Nothing Matters" also does not matter, paradoxocally making it matter.   In other words the very act of disregarding the statement would matter.  He he just some thought fun.  I know that is not what was meant by the thread.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1  I think something along that theme was addressed in the first couple pages.

Too often the spiritual 'path' as presented by so many of the 'no-self/nothingness' teaching is just a rejection of everything physical which isn't an accepting way to live life but it also presents a conflict with actually living life.

What I speak about is embracing life in it fullest but isn't dependent on the circumstances of life to be fulfilled. Don't seek it.... be it.

29 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I'm sure this was replied to in the thread, probably multiple times but I'm not reading it all to find out and it likely was more mystical mumbo jumbo so I will address it in another way for you.

Our mind generates a sense of self to motivate us for survival and with what people call the ego this is expressed as identity which included in that attachment is meaning, purpose and fulfillment. Since the pursuit of identity, the 'I matter', creates so much self suffering in us the spiritualists have chosen to embrace the complete opposite expressed as 'nothing matters' and believe it as the 'absolute truth'.

Let me present a middle way instead of running from one extreme to the other. Instead of seeking out meaning... what 'matters' in the external world of circumstances find that fulfillment in being... in just being. Not in doing, attaining, achieving or identifying with to have fulfillment, we just be fulfilled. Be it. Then everything in life we experience is empowered with this unconditional fulfillment.

Hopefully this brings some clarity and can be useful to you in being at peace.

Nothing matters is already the middle way... it's Freer than free because when nothing matters you are free to  pursue whatever you want or not do anything at all because it simply doesn't matter either way. There is no right or wrong path.

This isn't a belief because a belief leads to something... this leads to nothing mattering which is already the absolute prior to you believing it's not the absolute.

Empowering your experience in life with unconditional fulfillment has no meaning purpose or value whatsoever...

It's completely identical to having no ambition in life whatsoever and sitting on the couch and eating cookies and dying of a heart attack at age 42 no difference at all.

There is no higher teaching try all you want ?

Good day to you sir❤

It's already zero it's already infinite it's already perfect it can't be added or subtracted it's what already is.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

35 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There is no higher teaching try all you want

Your words are meaningless yet you glorify them, curious...hm

This isn't a belief

You believe it isn't belief..... interesting, hm.

Edited by SOUL

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Your words are meaningless yet you glorify them, curious...hm

Yes the words are meaningless and what they point to is meaningless. The message does seem to be coming from an individual but upon further inspection what's recognized is that there's nobody here... so the words are apparently coming from nothing and going nowhere.

You believe it isn't belief..... interesting, hm.

I was just trying to point out that "nothing matters" does not push a belief... it leaves everything free and neutral..

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Your belief system is yours... it isn't any sort of absolute or universal truth, it's just your own truth, no matter how many others agree with you, how much you believe in it or polish your ego with 'no higher teaching' rhetoric..... it's all in your imagination.

It's not the middle way, it's a modern version of aesthetics that Buddha encountered in his day but the belief is centered around psychological self. The extremes are the egocentric on one side and the no-self on the other.

You may eventually awaken to the genuine nature of being and come to understand how the meaning/meaningless conceptualization is another way the ego uses dualism in it's 'spiritual self'.  Holistic being embraces, honors and celebrates the whole.

There is a oneness that we relinquish our attachment to the individual self to awaken to but once we do that oneness empowers our individual self to be a genuine unique expression of the whole like one facet out of infinite number on a gem that each glows when the light hits it.

I awakened to it through an autodidact path experience but I'm aware that some people require an internet guru to say it so here.....

Edited by SOUL

This is a non dual message explaining there isn't an individual for anything to be separate from...

What's being pointed to is everything, take it how you want to... it's simply what it is for No One...

26 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@VeganAwake Your belief system is yours... it isn't any sort of absolute or universal truth, it's just your own truth, no matter how many others agree with you, how much you believe in it or polish your ego with 'no higher teaching' rhetoric..... it's all in your imagination.

It's not the middle way, it's a modern version of aesthetics that Buddha encountered in his day but the belief is centered around psychological self. The extremes are the egocentric on one side and the no-self on the other.

You may eventually awaken to the genuine nature of being and come to understand how the meaning/meaningless conceptualization is another way the ego uses dualism in it's 'spiritual self'.  Holistic being embraces, honors and celebrates the whole.

There is a oneness that we relinquish our attachment to the individual self to awaken to but once we do that oneness empowers our individual self to be a genuine unique expression of the whole like one facet out of infinite number on a gem that each glows when the light hits it.

I awakened to it through an autodidact path experience but I'm aware that some people require an internet guru to say it so here.....

Bravo well said my friend.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@SOUL The implication of nothing matters cannot be understood by reading it on the top of the thread or in few posts from different people here and there on that same thread.

I didn't want to leave you with your very limited understanding after your large criticism about it lol:

All there is is what is . . . but what is what is?

Well, there is no real answer to that question. However, it seems that what is could be just what is happening . . . reading these words, sitting on a seat, trees growing, sounds, feelings, clouds or thoughts passing by and so on. In simple terms these events just seem to be what is happening. 

It is suggested that what is is oneness appearing as twoness, the absolute being relative. It is the treasure that is longed for and feared most . . . the perfect lover and the grim reaper. It is of course the ultimate paradox, being simultaneously nothing and everything.

There is no possibility of the essence of what is being described, grasped or known.

The seeker attempts to be aware of or conscious of what is and immediately that function separates and objectifies and makes solid that which is wonderfully floating, effervescent and ungraspable.

The essence of what is can’t be seen by me and so me never feels fulfilled because its experiences seem to have something missing.

In what is is also what isn’t. This is the wonder of wholeness because it appears as both simultaneously. Everything that is something is also already nothing . . . there are not two! Everything is therefore real and unreal, but me experiences everything as only real. Within this illusion me attempts to transform this dualistic and unsatisfactory experience into processes such as “living in the moment” or “being here now” or accepting everything as “consciousness”.

However, and again, the wonderful paradox of the play of wholeness is that the story of me is also what is. All of the dreams and hopes, processes and religious aspirations are only wholeness appearing as a separate entity rushing around looking for itself and also hiding from itself by already being everything. And in being everything, even the avoidance or rejection of what is is what is.

So what is longed for constantly sings the only song of freedom that can never be lost or found because it is already all there is.

Edited by VeganAwake

23 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There is no possibility of the essence of what is being described, grasped or known.

I can appreciate your eloquent and poetic words in describing the knowing you have grasped about what you claim can't be described, grasped or known.

We can be aware of the whole and I suggest keep transcending the perceived limits on what can be described, grasped or known.

Here is a hint...when you get to 'I am god'...keep going because even that can be transcended to where 'I'....'am'... and 'god' cease to be....not just in concept, but in awareness.

Peace.

@SOUL How do you go from recognizing that I, am and god are illusory concepts, to direct experience of the fact that these concepts no longer have an effect on awareness.

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@SOUL How do you go from recognizing that I, am and god are illusory concepts, to direct experience of the fact that these concepts no longer have an effect on awareness.

All language is dualistic.   Being God cannot be described.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Being God cannot be described.

And no such desire to be -or not be.

38 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Well, it's laughably simple and obvious, cease to be attached in awareness to them. Haha

Oh...and release any desire to be aware of it... that's the challenging aspect.

Edited by SOUL

45 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I can appreciate your eloquent and poetic words in describing the knowing you have grasped about what you claim can't be described, grasped or known.

We can be aware of the whole and I suggest keep transcending the perceived limits on what can be described, grasped or known.

Here is a hint...when you get to 'I am god'...keep going because even that can be transcended to where 'I'....'am'... and 'god' cease to be....not just in concept, but in awareness.

Peace.

What we are saying is basically identical the only difference is you are claiming to have had a direct experience and I'm claiming that it's unknowable.  

The reason "Nothing Matters" is the highest teaching is because even if you discovered you were an alien god from planet zxeronp controlling the universe like a puppet show... it would still have no meaning purpose or value whatsoever.... because nothing matters ?

Edited by VeganAwake

1 minute ago, VeganAwake said:

What we are saying is basically identical the only difference is you are claiming to have had a direct experience and I'm claiming that it's unknowable.  

The reason "Nothing Matters" is the highest teaching is because even if you discovered you were an alien god from planet zxeronp controlling the universe like a puppet show... it would still have no meaning purpose or value whatsoever.... because nothing matters ?

Being Is prior to all teachings.....Being is God.  You are God. You just aren't conscious of it.     That is what we are pointing you towards my good man.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.