Annoynymous

How much this amount of money mean to you?

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. As i do not live in the western country, i can not perceive how a particular amount of money mean to you. I wanna know that as i am planning on start working online.

So the question is,  how much $50/50 pound/50 Euro/50 Canadian Dollar mean you?

To be more specific,

1. how much this amount money has value to you?

2.Is it a big amount or a small one?

3.What can you afford to do with that money? 

4. Will you be sad/very sad/less care/don't care if you loose that amount of money?

5. If you give away that money to others, will you be giving to much or too little?

I would very much like to know your answers :)

Edited by Annoynymous

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

This amount is just about enough to fill up my gas tank. Sort of valuable, but goes fast. 

It feels like $15-$20 did, when I was younger. 

I bought one bag of organic groceries yesterday for $40. Celery, bananas, kimchi, 5 avocados, spicy fruit drink, and 5 roma tomatoes. Granted the kimchi and the drink were a luxury since I felt a bit sick. The equaled about $10. 

Will you be sad/very sad/less care/don't care if you loose that amount of money?

I have lost a larger amounts than that. $50 is pretty easy to make I feel like. I have had a person con me with a fake $50. I was annoyed, but not for that long lol. 

5. If you give away that money to others, will you be giving to much or too little?

Kind of depends on the scenario. This is about the cost of a date most of the time. 

For me, this is not a very large amount but now I have problems with money and such sum could help a lot! I read that I can take online loan, how do you think it is good idea? For example on https://cashwagon.ph/ I found quite good conditions. Did you have experience with such loans?

50 euros for me allow to have a complete meal at a good local restaurant at least 3 times.

1. It's not a TON of money, but I'm not gonna go chuck $50 on something and not expect something sorta valuable or at least useful in return

2. Depends on the circumstance and what I'm spending this $50 on. I can eat for a month on $50 (seriously, I'd just eat lots of beans and cheap, nutritious vegetables), if a book costs $50 it had better be a damn good book like a coffee table photography book. I guess it just depends on what I'm spending it on.

3. I can afford a tank of gas, 2 weeks to a month's worth of groceries (for just myself), a good meal. Could also get a decent harmonica for under $50, so it really depends on what you're intending to do with your money.

4. I'd care less if I lost that amount of money, but I'd like $50 of anything I spend it on to bring some value to my life — even if it isn't a huge, life-changing kind of value

5. If I gave $50 to a homeless guy, I think it'd be a big gesture because they could in theory get a decent amount of food with that money if they didn't spend it on something dumb like cigs, booze or smack. If I had a good friend who's having trouble paying their rent because they're jobless due to coronavirus, I think it'd be a small amount to give away because a) they're my good friend and b) they're still gonna have to come up with a lot more money to pay the rest of their rent.

Edited by LittleMaslow

@Annoynymous

1. Has somewhat of value to me, $50 is what I'd spend on groceries. Not a full basket of groceries but maybe enough to feed me for a week or two.

2. Small

3. Buy groceries/food. Or its close to what I pay for a month at the gym.

4. Careless. I often lose/profit more than this in 2-4 hours, trading markets.

5. Honestly, interestingly enough its a little too much if giving away to others. I like making use of every single penny, its just about being smart with my money, I wouldn't say its selfishness even though others may think it is. And I've learned that when you give, people tend to keep asking for more. If its friends/family and they're in desperate need for it then of course. If its a random homeless person on the streets sorry its a bit much.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

1. how much this amount money has value to you? I can earn it in 1 hour if I have work (I'm self-employed so sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) At minimum wage in my country (Canada) it would be about half a day or 4 hour's work.

2.Is it a big amount or a small one? Small. I would spend $50 on something on Amazon with minimal research.

3.What can you afford to do with that money? It will pay either my internet or phone bill for the month. For $100 I could go grocery shopping and buy as much meat, organic vegetables, name brand products as I wanted for the week for 1 person.

4. Will you be sad/very sad/less care/don't care if you loose that amount of money? I would be upset at myself for a bit for losing it, but I wouldn't think about it for hours or days. I would feel worse if I got scammed than if I just lost it.

5. If you give away that money to others, will you be giving to much or too little? Too much for most things. If I was giving a gift to my niece or nephew I might put $20 in a card. When I was a child or young teen I would be very excited to receive $50. It's far too much to give to a homeless person, maybe $5 or $10 if I was being generous. Probably too much to donate to a charity unless I was receiving a tax receipt for it.

Edited by Yarco

On 3/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Annoynymous said:

Hello everyone. As i do not live in the western country, i can not perceive how a particular amount of money mean to you. I wanna know that as i am planning on start working online.

So the question is,  how much $50/50 pound/50 Euro/50 Canadian Dollar mean you?

To be more specific,

4. Will you be sad/very sad/less care/don't care if you loose that amount of money?

I would very much like to know your answers :)

1. Medium/small value - When I make this amount it feels nearly negligible. Anything under $100 really does.

2. Small

3. Buy something small like a relatively nice article of clothing. It's about 40% of my grocery bill

4. I don't care too much about losing it. 

5. A normal gift amount to give to others. I might spend about that much on someone's Christmas/birthday present.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Not much. I can spend 50 euros pretty easily, but when I am in a tight money spot where I have to cut down the quality of short term basic needs like food, 50 euros becomes a huge money. I dont appreciate that fact often enough.

Luckily I have credit card tho (Not that I use it often, but it gives me feeling of financial security)

Edited by Hansu

I can go to the dollar store and buy close to 50 things with $50 - considering the tax as well.  Maybe groceries for a few days to a week.  But if I handed the same $50 to a beggar, their face would light up, and they probably thank me profusely and then go out and buy their next meal, perhaps save some for rainy day.  So yes that $50 bill would mean a lot relatively speaking to who is holding it. 

I have 3 $50 bills in my wallet right now.  So together they add up to something better.  I may consider buying something extra this thanksgiving and giving it to someone in need