dvdas

Have anyone awakened from psychedelics?

31 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@ttm I saw something on one of Leo's awakening videos, linking to a podcast where he's essentially begging his followers for money and talking about his struggles, I think the comment mentioned mental health issues, but I could be very wrong, so don't take my word on it. 

Perhaps I try to listen to his podcasts for more info. He did a shitload of 5-MeO-DMT, so it's interesting to me what have happened and whether or not he himself thinks that it had something to do with psychedelics.

37 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Like I said, 10-20 years down the line I could be completely wrong and people are using these compounds regularly having full awakenings, or the regular usage could cause long term damage. I guess we will see. 

Those are not exclusive things, it also may be that both are true. Also, dangers differ from substance to substance. There are confirmed deaths from research chemicals like bromo-dragonfly and *-nbomes.

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

But, can you or anyone point me to long term research on 5MEO or LSD etc that shows regular long term usage of these substances and the effects on the Body/Mind. I am open to being proved wrong, just from my own POV I haven't seen anyone fully awaken from psyches, but there's lots of fully enlightened teachers out there. 

I don't know if there is any research on those effects in as regular use as many here would consider ok, as it is not so common for people to use them so often. There's a lot of (at least anecdotal) evidence that regular and long term but infrequent (few times a year) usage does not seem to do much harm for otherwise healthy person. That of course doesn't mean that it couldn't be unhealthy to do them constantly.

Still, that is totally different and separate question from whether or not there are people who got enlightened by psychedelic usage.

@ttm @electroBeam @Gneh Onebar

Thanks for the info guys. 

great point about Shamans, maybe it is the new technology. However, some things are timeless, and I also think things like Transmissions and meditations fall under that category. 

as I said I’m open minded to these substances working, the more people who realize there own being the better! 

as I’m saying I have little experience with them. Only 3 LSD trips and MDMA, LSD was post awakening so while it was fun, I didn’t have any amazing insights, maybe I should’ve done more? I just don’t have a need to use them, apart from “fun” but then what’s the point in that really? 

if they help people realise absolute peace and happiness in every single moment then I’m all for it, I guess There’s issues with everything. I just worry it leads people to chasing states and “highs” instead of realising THIS is it right here, right now. But, it seems it helps a lot of people so if that’s the case I can’t argue :) 

I was more interested in a mental health/ brain health long term standpoint, as I wonder if using any substance that regularly can have 0 effects, but then if they help, that’s awesome. 

I will try and check out that book man, thanks for the recommendation :) 

Like I said, I’m happy to be proved wrong but it seems they are best for insights and showing what’s possible in an awakening perspective, unless I’m mistaken? 

im not doubting their healing potential, which is finally being explored in Science. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Chasing highs is a problem in meditation too.

Actually you might find altering states of consciousness really fun... maybe even more fun than the 'normal' stuff. 

4 hours ago, Johnny5 said:

There are endless degrees of "awakeness" or lucidity within the dream of subjective reality, but there are no degrees of truth or enlightenment.

That's kind of what I'm worried about, enlightened beings radiate a strange but beautiful silence, they need nothing to be happy and at peace, they are completely free.  Whatever happens, happens.. Relaxed into their Truth, without fear of death, powerful but at the same time humble, pretty mindblowing to observe...

On the other hand people on psychedelic path with mindblowing experiences seems very conditional happy and with a clear sense of self preservation and fear. I only see satisfactory understanding without any freedom.

@LfcCharlie4 I think you got the intention of my post. I appreciate your engagement 

Everyone I dont mean to say psychedelics are not beneficial in any way. I specifically talking about enlightenment here. 

@electroBeam true. I guess it’s a problem in all walks of life. I’d say it’s exaggerated in Psyches though. 

although I naturally have an addictive personality, so have to be extra careful. 

I got pretty booked on MDMA psychologically speaking, but maybe that’s just me! 

if it helps people realize their own being and experience the peace and happiness that comes with that- I’m all for it :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@dvdas yeah man, I appreciate your post and it’s good to look at things from multiple POVs, there’s no magic pill for awakening. No matter if it’s psyches or transmissions or whatever, it’s only you that is the true Guru :) 

@LfcCharlie4  Here are also some very informative videos from Chris Bache: 

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

@dvdas while it's true that psychedelics are not a magic bullet, it's possible to awaken through them. I have, along with many others. 

It's not just a peak experience. Over a couple of years and many trips, they have produced a lasting change in my consciousness, and I can bring that awareness of my true nature into my direct consciousness at any moment.

Psychedelics are an incredible technology... It would be wise not to underestimate them.  

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Ive had massive permanent insights into the nature of mind and consciousness that simply cant be unseen... Ive experienced emptiness, infinity, and love in ways I never imagine possible. To an extent, these insights aren’t as apparent in my waking sober state as when I was tripping, however they are still available. If I sit, and just let go of mind, identity, and be, it’s always there. 

The best way I can describe it is this: I am not enlightened, but I don’t feel that enlightenment is separate from my lived experience. Psychedelics, contemplation, and meditation have all played their respective roles, each intermingling and synergizing with one another. 

38 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Ive had massive permanent insights into the nature of mind and consciousness that simply cant be unseen... Ive experienced emptiness, infinity, and love in ways I never imagine possible. To an extent, these insights aren’t as apparent in my waking sober state as when I was tripping, however they are still available. If I sit, and just let go of mind, identity, and be, it’s always there. 

The best way I can describe it is this: I am not enlightened, but I don’t feel that enlightenment is separate from my lived experience. Psychedelics, contemplation, and meditation have all played their respective roles, each intermingling and synergizing with one another. 

Beautiful...?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@LfcCharlie4 Gotcha addiction.

Sounds live salvia is the perfect psychedelic for you. Dont worry, you wont need to worry about addiction there ;)

I dont see psychedelics as competing with meditation or yoga or any spiritual practice. I see it as competing with spiritual teachers.

20000 years ago before language, there was no spiritual teacher, judt spontaneous mystical states.

When language was made, the guru master arrangement was formed.

When the internet came, the maverick style or the having multiple teachers style came.

When psychedelics come, the multiple spiritual teachers will be replaced with psychedelics. You still need to meditate and do yoga, and talk to a teacher occasionally maybe, but your teachings will come through psychedelics.

Language is limited, so spiritual teachings are limited. Psychedelics dont use language they use experience, which makes them a hell of a lot more effective. In just 1 trip you can learn how to meditate correctly - something which takes years in a guru disciple relationship.

This is a revolution like how the creation of language was a revolution. Nothing will be the same once we've learnt how to use psychedelics properly.

Psychedelics isnt appropriate for everyone, but i predict this will be the trend.

My first experience with psychedelics was 8 baby woodrose seeds. I taught me how to meditate, where i should be aiming, how i know whethe the meditation is going well or not. That experience alone was valuable, and had i had to do it by myself it would have taken me a decade to figure that out.

Edited by electroBeam