Mircan

Starting my self-love journey, any suggestions on what to look out for?

10 posts in this topic

Hello!

I recently became more and more engaged on working on myself and I came to the conclusion that lack of self love and therefor also confidence was one of my deeper rout problems. So I came to the conclusion to start my self love journey and would like to know if you have any suggestions and things you maybe did?

Thanks in advance!

Stay as mindful as possible. Watch your internal dialogue. I was surprised how negative/judgmental much of my “self-talk” was when I first started paying attention to it.

What a valiant cause to love oneself unconditionally. Best of wishes my friend <3 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

5 hours ago, King Merk said:

Stay as mindful as possible. Watch your internal dialogue. I was surprised how negative/judgmental much of my “self-talk” was when I first started paying attention to it.

What a valiant cause to love oneself unconditionally. Best of wishes my friend <3 

Thanks for that suggestion! Being mindful always seemed to be quite challenging at least for me. Usually I use stuff like rubber bands so I remember thinking about a topic

@Mircan

I've really been on mine lately, and I've made a lot of progress and have learned more than I can say here:

Thought:

1. I learned that I need to be persistent

2. A good book for the work we are doing by opening our hearts is Michael Singer - Untethered Soul 

3. I really like Leo's video on Self Love

4. I often put my hand on my heart and say " I love you" or "I forgive you" to myself. Especially during meditation, or just when I notice negative chatter I put my hand on my hear and tell myself "I love you"

5. noticing and working on things like: Transference, envy, neediness, 

6. Expect to make mistakes

7. Be radically open

8. I listened to a really good guided meditation in the App Fabulous that helped a lot

9. Letting go Letting go Letting go

10. Neti Neti

11. Gratitude exercise

12. A visualization/ meditation created by Vishen Lakhiani called 'The 6 Phase' 

I am still learning. There is so much work to do. But, I can honestly say its pretty amazing how much we can grow when we persist. Anyway all I can say for now.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Mircan Look out for looking out xD I mean, that's the thing you wanna get rid off right, you want to be certain. Sometimes Love is closer than you think hahahahahaha

Self-love may not always mean the more feminine notion of it, like forgiving yourself, accepting you're not perfect, eating a piece of chocolate when you feel down, etc (which I think are all powerful things in themselves and deserve practice).  It might also mean being disciplined, getting your diet together, admitting when you've done wrong, etc.

Also, here's a paper on self-compassion from Texas University that I got from the Flow Genome project (https://www.flowgenomeproject.com/ , which is created by Jamie Wheal and Steven Kotler).  

----  I haven't yet read the whole thing, but the basis of it seems to be that self-compassion is a more resilient skill than self-esteem.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Thought Art thanks for your list! How did you work on things like neediness and envy? I catch myself all the time displaying those things in my relations and I want to change that.

@Mircan

These could help:

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Matt23 thanks for the paper! I heard about self love being also a skill type thing so I will read the paper trough might be really interesting

@bejapuskas how do go about being ‚certain‘??