laurel

How to find a conscious community?

12 posts in this topic

I understand self-actualization is a personal journey, but it's easy to become like the people you surround yourself with. I am struggling to negate the habits of my family and people close to me, so I am looking to find a new community. Does anyone have advice on self- actualizing in a more social way? Spirituality can be accelerated if the right support is there. 

This can only be fixed by becoming more conscious. Maybe it is a little bit easier if you don't hang out with them as often, especially in the beginning stages, but in the end that will be an escape, and also a lost chance of becoming more conscious, as things like these have to be dealt with. 

Also, If you want to find like minded people, you might wanna join a yoga class of some sort or something like that.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Consider your situation to be your current challenge, there’s nothing to do, be there fully, remain open for the next opportunity that presents itself, stay aligned and you will open doors you could never have imagined 

Burning Man regional events. Conscious culture music festivals. Vipassana retreats. Ayahuasca retreats. Meditation retreats. Google any of these that's local to you. Do research, ask questions. Buy tickets for as much as you can. Volunteer for what you can't afford. Go to enough and you'll get into social groups of like-minded / higher Spiral Dynamics peeps. 

Have you tried to search for an Ashram near your city?

Last weekend I went to a Yoga Seminar in a Yoga Ashram in Germany. It was better than I expected. The people there are amazing, I found a lot of friends instantly, the food is delicious and the atmosphere and energy are very pleasant. Right now I am planning to move into the Ashram to live and work there. 

The forum is a conscious community in my opinion.

I would recommend going places where there are people suffering and seeking help. High consciousness wants to help, so many of them can be found in places where people are in need of help.

11 hours ago, Mihael Keehl said:

Have you tried to search for an Ashram near your city?

Last weekend I went to a Yoga Seminar in a Yoga Ashram in Germany. It was better than I expected. The people there are amazing, I found a lot of friends instantly, the food is delicious and the atmosphere and energy are very pleasant. Right now I am planning to move into the Ashram to live and work there. 

God, I am super focused in finding a Yoga Ashram, can you share the name/site or something? I am from Brazil but I have plans to leave here soon 

On 7.2.2020 at 3:44 AM, Recursoinominado said:

God, I am super focused in finding a Yoga Ashram, can you share the name/site or something? I am from Brazil but I have plans to leave here soon 

The one that I went to is called 'Yoga Vidya'. Here is the website: https://www.yoga-vidya.org/english/

@laurel Hi Laurel,

I spent a lot of time early in my growth trying to find that "perfect" community.  It turns out there are several communities that exist, and they are all the same in my opinion.  They all have individuals who are more "conscious" than others and then there will be other people who are less conscious in any given group of people...there is no given group of people that has "all" the answers.

Today I do something different. Instead of looking for the "group" I just take myself with me everywhere I go... What does that mean?  Instead of focusing on what's wrong with them (whoever them are, family, friend, the boss, etc...) I focus on what I am doing, and how I am thinking and ultimately how I react to the situations.  I work on changing my attitude, and that becomes infectious.

Just like resentment, self pity, envy, self doubt, fears, etc...all of that is infectious too...well so is joy, caring, compassion, acceptance..

Now this takes practice, but...it's possible to reach a point where you just love everyone and you don't even see the things that are "wrong" with them.

If I were you, I would be exactly where you are planted and learn to make that awesome.....

Peace and Love,

Robert

Edited by Robert Leavitt

Create it.

You can make your own meetup.com group and have it be exactly as you desire. 

And you get the added bonus of going beyond your comfort zone, assuming this something that scares you a little.

@Robert Leavitt Thanks, Robert! That's helpful and seems like the best option- to grow right where I am planted. :) 

running away from the problem doesnt solve the problem.

your problem is that you get easily influenced by your surroundings, so you must work on being strong and steady with your principles and values, its about integrity.