Matt23

Leo critique

49 posts in this topic

Haha... ugh... life goes on.  

@Leo Gura If you're so enlightened, how the hell could that antelope eat popcorn without opposable thumbs!? ...  Check and Mate

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

There are lots of restaurants in town. 

You chose to eat at Mario's because you think he makes great meatballs.

However you don't like the sauce he puts on them. You find it very spicy and you're not keen on very spicy things.

You reserve a table at the restaurant and use it to talk about your own feelings about how spicy the meatballs are. 

Mario hears your discussion. Instead of throwing you out, he lets you stay there and also gives you a tip on how to make great meatballs of your very own.

You don't like the way Mario talked when he gave you the tip. You thought it was kind of direct.

Mario's business is booming. He continues to improve his meatball recipe even though they're frequently considered the best in town.

Mario loves sharing meatball tips with people and there's actually a queue of people seeking his advice, many of whom would reward him for it. He helps almost all of them free of charge, even responding to comments during his holidays.

That said, I think I might also like to see Leo communicate in a more agreeable manner at times if he feels capable of or curious about doing so. This is just a humble personal thought/wonder. 

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

all these criticism is nice. Also all criticism is untenable. a human beings. All humans have weaknesses and inadequacies. This is what makes us human.Speaking for myself I will rather spend that time for self-reflection and my own personal development. I lost an uncle and a former high school classmate this last month. Life is precious. Use it well instead of wasting it on frivolities.

9 hours ago, Matt23 said:

Haha... ugh... life goes on.  

@Leo Gura If you're so enlightened, how the hell could that antelope eat popcorn without opposable thumbs!? ...  Check and Mate

Enlightened antelope has telekinetic abilities, of course.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

at least once in a while remind yourself, "Evil doesn't exist. All judgment is delusion."

at least once in a while remind yourself illusion is often mistakenly interpreted as 'does not exist' instead of 'not as it appears'.

Who judges the judges? Me. 

You are guilty of judging too much. I sentence you to wear a wristband and think about this every time you look at it! 

Love

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I'm picking up on a paradox between criticism and no criticism. 

Everybody here has made good points, but they all seem to be coming from a different pov. 

Yes criticism can be a tool for self improvement, or it can be a distraction from focusing on your own issues. 

Yes being dismissive of criticism can be a deflection of your own bias/justifying occurrences

Yes we all have our own interpretation of Leo's teachings. 

One side comes from a point of practicality and another comes from a point of beyond the relative. 

We are quite literally running in circles. 

Edited by Shadowraix