28 cm unbuffed

Creating credibility

5 posts in this topic

So, I'm starting my YouTube channel and I need something that would create creadibility to gather online clients group. 

@Emerald @Leo Gura @mandyjw @Nahm @ajasatya

I know You guys have your own bussinesses, oriented around helping people and I know, I don't really need ANYTHING that would prove, that I'm capable of helping people, but still, any suggestions, what can help me to create my brand?

Or is it more like - first create Youtube channel, create content, gather followers and THEN start coaching them? 

Thanks for any advices, cheers!  

57 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Or is it more like - first create Youtube channel, create content, gather followers and THEN start coaching them? 

?? 
Or what Ajasatya said. 
Both, really. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't have a YT channel or online business and can't speak from that perspective. Yet I thought it might help to get a perspective from the client perspective and what credibility might look like to them.

When I am looking around for personal development, coaching, helping people - the most important thing is that the person has what I want. There are tons of people trying to convince me that they have what I want. Yet, I want to see that they have it - by being it and expressing it. It is an essence of attraction rather than promotion. For example, I think @Nahm website design shows people the outcome in a way that is attractive to those that resonate with it. His website will not attract people looking for pua strategies or how to beat the stock market. It attracts people that are stuck - they know there is more to life, yet can't quite put their finger on it. They see the imagery and questions on nahm's site and are like "yes, that's it". It's attractive to that person. There is an underlying credibility that is subconscious to the viewer. It is not a credibility gained by degrees or certifications (which could help in some contexts). Rather, it is a credibility of being it and expressing it. To create that website design, one must have actualized it themselves and are now expressing it. Someone attracted to it, may pause and think "Wait a minute, this website could have been designed by some marketer trying to entice me". Yet I think it's so genuine, a curious person would continue to on and look deeper into it. 

Another example: I spent some time looking for good yoga channels. To me, yoga with Adrienne and April Walker had the most credibility. Not because they tried to be credible with Yoga certifications and how much training they had. Rather because they were it. They are it. The way they instructed and guided me through the yoga itself was the credibility for me.  She is the embodiment of mind, body, spirit expressed through yoga.

As a consumer, it seems to me that YT and online is saturated with people trying to convince me they are credible and trying to sell me something or get me engaged. I understand that this is probably necessary to some degree to compete and make enough money to survive. Yet there is so much of it that it can be a turn-off to me.