Neph

Depression with spirituality

29 posts in this topic

It has almost been 9 years now I've been going through this depression.It's better then before but I think it's still there.I unable to overcome it.
Even though I had some spiritual experiences ,mystical experiences still it seems like that it's not good enough to break out off this depression....

Is there any easy way or shortcut to break this depression?

Mushrooms helped me.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@fridjonk ???

@Neph I discovered how I was creating it, without noticing...around twenty years ago, and never a blip since. Get all the help you can, but also be aware there is the movement that you need something underlying, reinforcing. Godspeed, I know it’s definitely not a fun stage on the path. ??  ♥️ And mushrooms are mushrooms, drugs are what doctors recommend without even having tried it themselves. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm It's kinda mess you know what to do what not to do. Should I try drugs or I should not

4 hours ago, Neph said:

read Emil Cioran. Or if you hanve't read it yet, read Albert Camus's "The stranger".

But to answer your question, no. Medication might help if this is clinical depression, so you should find a psychiatrist in that case. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Neph That’s a call only you can make, but I’d buckle down on the fundamentals of diet, fitness, cleaning up the thoughts, & meditation. Do some writing about feelings, discover the message the feelings are telling you....what perspective / worries you’re holding, what you’re resisting. The minute you do, and relax and let it go, you’ll start feeling better. 

@fridjonk I would have but now it seems like the moment I try drugs it will give me some good experience but also drag me 10 miles behind

@Nahm I am meditating , doing exercise still may be that's not enough I have to continue this suffering for the lane's sake

Doing little things and doing it consistently will help like meditation cold shower in morning doing yoga and pranayama helps a lot and add journal. For sometime quit meat if you are eating and clean up the diet. And fasting. Have a vision board you can check Nahm post on it.  Be consistent dont seek immediate result in 3 months you will see improvments in your mood.  Listen positive uplifting music. There are beautiful carnatic and hindustani music add binural beats also. Yoga on musics does wonders. Later lets have some shrooms.

Where in India are you?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Neph yo mate, literally I've heard of people's depression being lifted off them after a mushroom trip. I'm.not saying that's guaranteed but I am saying other people have had that happen. Leo says that striving for enlightenment without psychedelics is like climbing mount Everest without using your legs or arms. Anddddddd, yeh...fuck that

6 hours ago, Neph said:

@Nahm I am meditating , doing exercise still may be that's not enough I have to continue this suffering for the lane's sake

The lane? 

How’s your diet?

If I was suffering....would you offer any reason as to why I should continue suffering?  

Have you read much on the difference between pain & suffering, in the Buddhist traditional sense?

Feel for ya man. 

On 2020-01-17 at 4:43 PM, Neph said:

No easy way. You need to deal with that which is causing your depression. A solid daily routine is a good start.

I think depression comes from holding on the past events and limiting beliefs about ourselves. So to break free from depression, you have to literally be re-born in the present moment, free of any ideas or boxes you might've placed yourself into.

Then having a vision of what you want out of yourself is a great way to get yourself to start moving somewhere and feeling good about it. 

Mushrooms are not drugs in the traditional (hedonism and addiction) sense at all, which is why it is disservice to even use that label. They are more like medicine. 

Edited by SgtPepper

@Nahm No I haven't read the buddhist pain & suffering era