Identity

Past life experiences

31 posts in this topic

Around half a year ago I had an experience with a woman. We were just sitting, talking, and looked into our eyes for some time. I experienced something wierd where her face changed shape and the rest outside her face became blurry. It lasted for maybe half a minute. 
She told me that during that time window, she looked into my past life and told me I had been a priest in a past life.

I was like oke, interesting experience. Lets just park it there and not read too much into it. Maybe it was a past life thing, maybe it wasnt, who knows.

That brings us to tonight. Beside an overall quite intense evening where I opened up a lot about awakening experiences and sadness on my heart and more, something I had not done before, a second similar experience happened.

My friend and I had been having a deep conversation for a while, when we made eye contact for 10 seconds or so. His face started to change shape, and similar things started to happen as the first experience. 
I was like “Don’t mean to freak you out here, but there is this vibe in the air, similar to a past life experience I had a while back, do you want to explore it?”

He said yes.

He also became present and looked into my eyes. Both of us got chills up our spines and both of us saw the other’s face change shape. Accompanied were blurring of the space around the face and the face becoming dark.

Neither of us were able to perceive anything more than the wierd sensations and shifting of form.

any thoughts? Similar experiences?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity You can go to a hypnotherapist or psychic and do past-life regressions, or they can read your past lives for you. If you want to believe in that sort of thing. In fact, you could go to multiple different ones and cross-reference their results.

I've had some psychics read my past lives. It's interesting. Hard to say what it really means though because I don't have a direct experience of them so it ultimately boils down to a story from my POV. But if you could corroborate it with your own direct experience, that would be something even more interesting.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh man, so that's what I experienced! I didn't know how to contemplate it back then.

In one of my older threads, I wrote about starring into a mirror. After 20 minutes of gazing, my face disappeared. There was such a strong warping connection between the reflection and me. I lost track of the surroundings, because everything faded, at which point I couldn't hold it anymore. I wanted, but I couldn't.

I'll definitely experiment more now.

@Identity In one of my trips I saw a glimpse of my past life in which I was a monkey. I have had more love for monkeys since then

9 hours ago, Identity said:

I opened up a lot about awakening experiences and sadness on my heart and more, something I had not done before

Congrats on that. ?? Probably mentioned it before, but I’d consider trying some Reiki classes - if you want to continue down the siddhis path, that’s a great environment to develop in. There are also teacher’s of mediumship etc around these days. For what it’s worth, I see the priest too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@seeking_brilliance Looked at your links, interesting stuff! Ill give that a shot. The descriptions are very similar to my experiences.

Have you experimented with this, gotten any results?

@Leo Gura Interesting, you got me curious about what they said, but I can imagine you wouldn’t want to share.

I might explore that in the future, but have other priorities atm.

@SirVladimir Cool, I’d love to hear it if you get any traction ?

@Baotrader Haha ?

@Nahm Thank you ? My sister has done some reiki courses when she was young. I went to some reiki healing sessions a while back, and the woman also recommended it. Im also into massage. Definitely keep that in mind, or better, Ill stick it on my dream board ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Identity I can get to the point where my face turns white /gray and might begin to morph but I can't hold the gaze long enough. I need to practice trataka meditation more

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Perhaps you should see a doctor? Could be a medical condition. Sounds like your eyes have difficulty focusing. 

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

I recently went to two different psychics/healers. Each one told me that they got a vision that I was strangled by the neck in a past life, which created a blockage of the throat chakra.

Can't say if it's true or not, but it was quite amazing that two different people said something so specific. What are the odds of that?

@Leo Gura That is quite crazy indeed. If so, you seem to be doing a good job resolving that ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Leo Gura But did you tell them beforehand you have problems with thyroid or something similar? Maybe the strangling story is an "industry's gold standard" when somebody visits them with a certain issue. xD

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Can't say if it's true or not, but it was quite amazing that two different people said something so specific. What are the odds of that?

I don't know, but I don't think its that odd. What is truly odd though, is the fact that I got three 7's in my quantum random number generator. See, I wanted to take a decision but both decisions were equally valid. So I used my trusty random number generator that takes its number from a quantum generator(whatever that means). I selected only the last digit from the 5 or so digit numbers, so getting three 7's is a 1/1000 chance! Amazing right?! That's practically like winning the lottery..if there were only 1000 tickets in circulation and each person had 1 ticket. You know how strange it is that even though the chances of winning a lottery are super duper low, someone still wins a lottery anyway? Weird. Don't they understand basic maths? There's no way they should be able to win. And yet, even at those odds, someone wins, and someone wins not just once but a few times in a row.

Edited by Pramit

Meditation is like polishing a brick to make a mirror. Philosophy is like a net to catch water. The buddah did not meditate. It's just how he sits. 

- Alan Watts 

@Leo Gura Is chakra system sth other mysticism cultures also subscribe to or is it just a Hindu spiritual construct?

20 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Leo Gura But did you tell them beforehand you have problems with thyroid or something similar? 

Yes, I did.

Maybe the strangling story is an "industry's gold standard" when somebody visits them with a certain issue. xD

Maybe. But there were other things they said which cross-validated.

Overall I was impressed.

It's pretty clear that they aren't speaking from some memorized script but that they are getting intuitive visions as they work with you. Stuff pops up for them in real-time. It's not like they sat down and studied a book which said: "Okay, if this guy walks in complaining about his thyroid, you tell him he was choked in a past life. And if he walks in with a back ache, you tell him he broke his back in a past life."

You have to give these folks some credit. They are not idiots.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I recently went to two different psychics/healers. Each one told me that they got a vision that I was strangled by the neck in a past life, which created a blockage of the throat chakra.

Stan Grof mentions that as an example of past life trauma in his The Way of the Psychonaut.

@Identity @Leo Gura I think it is not so much past lives, but you are seeing dream characters (during eye or mirror gazing) who probably represent different aspects of your personality and role in this lifetime. Or both, which is why it can be so confusing and so hard to corroborate. (and you can't even be sure that if you are gazing into a past life, if you are seeing the actual past life, or again, a dream character who represents an aspect of the past life)

still hella cool, though

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance Yeah indeed. Attaching too much meaning to whether it is a past life or not isn’t the way to go I guess. Could discuss that till the cows come home ? 

Cool experiences though, especially if they can point us to the right direction.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Leo Gura The problem with psychics is there are many of them who are frauds. They use techniques like cold reading,... I'm sure you are aware of Derren Brown, he has done many tv specials exposing these techniques.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why did you go to a psychic/healer? After having a reading done, the curious part of me wants to explore things further. Perhaps in the form of energy cleansing of some sort. What benefits have these experiences had for you?