ShugendoRa

anyone tried Kratom?

17 posts in this topic

@ShugendoRa i have and I find it addictive and a lot like opiates. It’s also a dirty, sluggish high which does you no good and keeps you unconscious. Just sayin...You’ve been warned. 

As far as recreational use is concerned I dont know but as far as pain management and stress relief are concerned its great ife been on it for about almost 2yrs now and I take about 2g 1 to 2 times a say depending on my pain level and I prefer mag di white because it is clean feeling and a bit of a adderall feeling too.

I every now and then run out and I have never experienced any withdrawals from it so I'm not sure why people keep saying its addictive  but in my experience it's not. 

Edited by MAYA EL

It makes me sleepy, relaxed and a bit spacey, if im layin in the couch i get sort of pleasurable feelings throughout my body mostly in my legs, its very very subtle though, just be careful with dosage as you might vomit if you take too much, I havent personally though.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

As far as recreational use is concerned I dont know but as far as pain management and stress relief are concerned its great ife been on it for about almost 2yrs now and I take about 2g 1 to 2 times a say depending on my pain level and I prefer mag di white because it is clean feeling and a bit of a adderall feeling too.

I every now and then run out and I have never experienced any withdrawals from it so I'm not sure why people keep saying its addictive  but in my experience it's not. 

Your're not going to have withdrawals from only 4g a day. Its when you get anywhere from 10 to 20 grams a day is when you'll get withdrawals if you abruptly stop. 

In low doses I find it uncomfortably stimulating , at high doses it´s only value its being very very relaxing and numbing.

For me it has 0 spiritual value, it basically a avoidence drug and having opioid activity (although low, not at all like hard drugs), it´s literally low-consciousness on a pill lol.

Having said that, I would take Kratom any day before having alcohol. Like, I probably still use once in a while in substitution of alcohol if I want to use it comedown of a trip or if I going through a very rough time in life in the future.

IME its an amazing magical substance that has helped me a lot in different areas of my life, including helping my body with pain and developing more body awareness. I always try to use it with intention not just pure recreation. Definitely important to keep your tolerance low and use it in a well rounded healthy lifestyle.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Kratom is addictive and works much in the same way that other opiod drugs do. It seems to be less destructive than true opiates, and definitely less so than synthetic opioids like fentanyl. It's probably best avoided unless you're using it in lieu of one of these more dangerous pain killing drugs, or are an opioid addict trying to get off the junk.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@MAYA EL So you took it daily? I have Kratom about 500 capsules what is your advice for a newbie? Mostly for anxiety and pain is my reason 

@Rilles How much do you take? How long? Do you have any tolerance to kratom? How did you hear about it?

3 hours ago, ShugendoRa said:

@Rilles How much do you take? How long? Do you have any tolerance to kratom? How did you hear about it?

I took 5 teaspoons at most (real ones, that you use for tea, not the measuring ones) and scraped off the top to make it flat. 5 spoons made me feel dizzy and spaced out, not in a good way, I also felt weird while trying to sleep, my body felt really floaty and I kept waking up throughout the night. Not pleasant.

Ive stopped taking it now because drinking a glass full of leaf matter that does nothing for me except make me a little bit relaxed is not worth it.

But I think 3 spoons would be a perfect amount, and take it atleast 6 hours before bed so you dont mess up your sleep. 

Ive known about kratom for a long time, Ive studied all sorts of chemicals for years out of curiousity.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@ShugendoRa I wouldn’t recommend taking teaspoons because you won’t know exactly how much you’re taking. Get a gram scale so you can measure your dosages. I’ve never used capsules but I think two is around one gram. If you’re going to take it daily, it’s best to keep it around 10 grams a day, no more than 3 doses in a day. Take tolerance breaks, drink plenty of water because Kratom dehydrates you.  It can make you constipated, magnesium citrate can help with that. 

Dutch guy, thank you! This video helped me a lot to cope my problem ;)

On 1/20/2020 at 0:34 AM, ShugendoRa said:

@nightrider1435 whats your experience with Kratom? I hear taking it daily is not as good idea. 

It is not a recommendation, but I am taking it almost daily, but small dose. Can not identify any pitfalls. It seems fine, but this is my case.

Hi, I would like to tell you that in the past I had a very strong nervous system disease after an incident and I was fighting for several years with it. I had stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia and all these together made me take prescription medicines that totally afected my spiritual state. I was surprised to find kratom catalogue and to read so much information about kratom effects and benefits. I start using kratom capsules and I noticed that all the nervous symptomps started to disappear. I had no addiction so when I was feeling good I stopped to take it and I am happy that I tried it in order to treat my disorders.

Edited by sincere
More detailed