WisdomSeeker

Strong Inverse Correlation Between Physical Beauty and Levels of Consciousness?

39 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Style or substance? :o

They picked style. However, how many ppl do you see driving a Toyota? Almost everyone. Over the generations too. Of course, it's a lot deeper than this.

Lol. I have a Toyota!! :)

I don't agree with what you say. But IF it's true this can be a good answer; :P

(Considering majority of people are not conscious): beautiful people are taken seriously all the time. They don't need to try to impress others. because others are impressed at the first glance.

But less beautiful people should develop a skill to impress others and fit in. It can be done by developing themselves and have something valuable to put out there, like knowledge!

2 hours ago, WisdomSeeker said:

Can you elaborate? Obviously, the statement made is fair game to be labeled self-bias, but I'd like some back and forth to become more aware of my own biases.  Hence the reason I posed it. :)

Think about how self judgment and sense of self impacts how others are seen and experienced through your eyes  

Unraveling of the self is a long process of discovering many deep ceded beliefs. It’s quite enjoyable how much potential empowerment becomes visible 

This is observation bias.

People who are attractive gain more attention (see instagram). These people also like to appeal to the unconscious masses with their platform, hence 'confirming' this idea that beauty = low consciousness. 

What you don't see is the good looking people who are not posting online. 

You also don't see the ugly people on instagram promoting low consciousness things as often, so the association isn't there.

Most athletes and good looking people are actually higher consciousness than average. They have great self-awareness and often meditate more than the average person. 

A typical gym junkie may be a poor sample selection. But talk to someone who uses gym to compliment their other endeavors, and you will find that the opposite to OPs hypothesis.

@WisdomSeeker Its more a case that there are much more people at lower levels of consciousness and therefore it only seems as if there is a correlation between physical attributes and levels of consciousness. 

The vast majority of people are only functioning at blue, orange is considered the ideal of what an adult should be, but that's a minority even though orange holds most of the power on the social level. 

18 hours ago, Elham said:

I don't agree with what you say. But IF it's true this can be a good answer; :P

(Considering majority of people are not conscious): beautiful people are taken seriously all the time. They don't need to try to impress others. because others are impressed at the first glance.

But less beautiful people should develop a skill to impress others and fit in. It can be done by developing themselves and have something valuable to put out there, like knowledge!

@ElhamWhy SHOULD they? If the spiritual path is not about impressing others, but being aware to where eventually one awakens and becomes enlightened, whether someone is or isn't attracted to them is peanuts in comparison to the ultimate goal. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

@WisdomSeeker basic needs should be met and then one can evolve. Being accepted in a group and fit in is one of the basic needs! Isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Elham said:

@WisdomSeeker basic needs should be met and then one can evolve. Being accepted in a group and fit in is one of the basic needs! Isn't it?

@ElhamI'm not sure what your arguement is. Is it that beautiful people are still operating off of basic needs? Is it that knowledge and spirituality should be used to create value for less beautiful people? If it's the latter, I would have to respectfully disagree as it pertains to higher consciousness and spirituality more specifically. I don't know about you, but the point of spirituality to me is not to gain social influence or status. It is for my own benefit and if i get far enough I will share knowledge, but the primary point is not to use that knowledge to validate my social value. 

@WisdomSeeker I kinda agree with you on this. But this question to me is more like a paradox. The chicken egg paradox. Did the chicken come first or the egg!

It can be represented in the inverse way. People who are more conscious are probably less concerned with the idea of physical beauty and social appeal because they have transcended the stage of materialistic neediness and evolved to the stage of fulfilling deeper inner needs, they have higher self actualization goals which are irrelevant to most socially inclined settings. Therefore they tend to neglect their outer beauty and don't indulge too much in it. As a result there could be some physical deterioration in their appearance over time due to lack of care of the body, skin hair etc. Basically personal negligence. 

On the other hand, people who are orange and low conscious are more likely to focus on temporary materialistic aesthetic goals for instant gratification and since that's their area of interest, they are mostly preoccupied with looks, weight, appearance and so they are going to take great care of themselves to look best as per social standards of beauty and upkeep. 

So it may not be that beautiful people are born with low consciousness or are less conscious than the less attractive ones but the other way around that only low conscious people get attracted to fields of social media, beauty and try to excel in them. Whereas high conscious people stay away from the social scene regardless of whether they are beautiful or not! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

This is a very simplistic observation.

And it doesn't make any sense when you consider the different types of individuals out there.

It is possible to focus on both or either.

@WisdomSeeker I just said hypothetically if there is any correlation between physical beauty and level of consciousness, MAYBE because beautiful people fit in easier they see no need to go deeper and improve their personality. That's it. 

It's not my belief or a fact or sth that happens. All I said is hypothetical!

5 hours ago, Elham said:

5 hours ago, Elham said:

For a child. Not for a fully functioning adult.

Adults looking to fill those needs in adulthood don't evolve, because the opportunity for those needs to be met is long gone. 

This is why people at those stages feel threatened by other world views, because some people don't fill those roles for them. 

Edited by Nickyy

@DrewNows- I understand the concept of being bias. But, clearly, as Leo has pointed out fixations on external things like beauty are not higher 
consciousness. And so excessive concentration and attachment to one's looks is a facet of lower-consciousness.  
My example was miss and mr universes and celebrities (but I would say this even exists outside of those extremes), whom spend large amounts of their waking hours on their external beauty. Besides claiming I am being biased you pose no real argument against what I am saying, so please enlighten me. 

@Knock "Most athletes and good looking people are actually higher consciousness than average. 
They have great self-awareness and often meditate more than the average person." Really, how do you figure? 
"But talk to someone who uses gym to compliment their other endeavors, and you will find that the opposite to OPs hypothesis." 
I am curious can one hypothetically can one invest in one's external beauty in a higher-consciousness way?   I would think it can be done, so long as 
you are not attached to your external beauty in a neurotic and needy matter. Such as if you gain weight, or if you start aging, you aren't attached to the "depreciating value" of your beauty.  The problem here is I don't see very many people that invest in their external beauty which are non-neurotic about it. 

@Preety_IndiaYes, your thought process is the same as mine. Your last paragraph, as well. 

@fi1ghtclub Ahhh and why is that? Of course it's possible to focus on both, but fixation on the external 
is lower consciousness, which hinders the development of higher consciousness.  As I mentioned, to Knock I pose the same question. Hypothetically can one invest in one's external beauty in a higher-consciousness way? I would think it can be done, so long as 
you are not attached to your external beauty in a neurotic and needy matter. Such as if you gain weight, or if you start aging, you aren't attached to the "depreciating value" of your beauty.  The problem here is I don't see very many people that invest in their external beauty which are non-neurotic about it. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

37 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Chris Ulmer is smoking hot and he runs a youtube channel for special needs kids.  I don't think that it is true - just that beautiful people might spend more time on appearance doesn't mean they are less developed.  Can be the opposite.  Better circle of friends and opportunities due to being good looking, where an ugly person might have a lot of self esteem issues from being bullied or whatever.  I think that this line of thinking could cause someone to prejudge another based on appearance.  

@Keyhole  correlation not causation. 

@WisdomSeeker To assume the answers are found outside of yourself is self deception. I've found it to be most effective to change approaches, start with the inner of my own experience, then stepping into various shoes of perception rather than trying to guess what might be the case for others without knowing 'who i am'. Without this knowing, it's an inaccurate/incomplete guessing game seeded in illusion, ignoring shadows and our mirroring effect on reality

13 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@WisdomSeeker To assume the answers are found outside of yourself is self deception. I've found it to be most effective to change approaches, start with the inner of my own experience, then stepping into various shoes of perception rather than trying to guess what might be the case for others without knowing 'who i am'. Without this knowing, it's an inaccurate/incomplete guessing game seeded in illusion, ignoring shadows and our mirroring effect on reality

@DrewNows  None of which you've explained is actionable, it's too high level. Up until this point  your feedback appears to be spiritual and intellectual tail chasing. Can you explain what you mean and the approach you are advocating in terms of step by step instructions and examples? 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

36 minutes ago, WisdomSeeker said:

@DrewNows  None of which you've explained is actionable, it's too high level. Up until this point  your feedback appears to be spiritual and intellectual tail chasing. Can you explain what you mean and the approach you are advocating in terms of step by step instructions and examples? 

self observation/awareness (consciousness) work is what i advocate. I'd question how i define beauty/attraction, levels of consciousness and explore the beliefs i hold regarding beauty,success, self expression, materialistic values, and self fulfillment/LOC. Teal swan is an attractive yet a guru. Pick yourself apart