Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

I want to experience the Psychedelic realm. But I need to know something first.

18 posts in this topic

Hello.

My journey to well-being and growth continues. My meditation practice will continue although I took a break because I felt I needed to. Sometimes it's hard and I can understand that: it's part of the course to experience suffering. Mindfulness is a great tool to deal with whatever comes up in the process of growing.

I notice major changes in my thinking operating system. I start to believe that I could handle a Psychedelic experience, but first, I want to ask you some questions because it's necessary.

People often say that Psychedelics are not for everyone. That's partially true. Some people aren't ready to experience Psychedelics because they are not fully mature when it comes to the psyche. They didn't do consciousness work. They didn't raise their emotional intelligence and their awareness, so these people wouldn't know how to deal with a bad trip. They would definitely freak out.

A "bad trip" isn't necessarily a bad one. It reveals what's in your psyche and the need to release blockages, negative emotions or childhood trauma. Psychedelics are great tools for healing. The problem arises when people take Psychedelics and don't know what they need to know in order to deal with everything "negative" that comes up.

In my case, I think I am prepared to have a bad trip. I have the intention to release my negative emotional blockages I accumulated since childhood. I didn't have a happy childhood because of my parents (although I'm not blaming them because they aren't fully mature yey and they didn't have good parents to teach them about life). I was abused and it was horrific.

Anyway, should I take Psychedelics by myself or should I do it with someone with experience in order to assist me in the process?

I think I could handle a Psychedelic experience but... I'm not that sure yet.

How long does a Psychedelic experience last?

For example, Magic Mushrooms would be my choice. A dose of 3 grams maybe. Would that be too much for a start?

Me on the road less traveled.

I would advise to start from a microdose, do it alone. Microdose is something like 10ug of LSD (shrooms are also good). Then, when you played enough with a microdose, have a full light trip. Full light trip is 125ug of LSD or 1.5g of shrooms. For the first time I would suggest to have a sitter, you should do it in friendly environment. When you had a first light full dose, then.... decide for yourself what to do next. LSD lasts approximately 3 times longer. Shrooms or LSD are both amazing. 

Remember, there is no need to hurry in this work, better be steady and slow. It's not like you do a huge dose once and you are done. It's a life-long process of exploring Yourself. 

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I think you're psyching yourself out a bit. You're not necessarily going to have a bad trip. If you did three grams of shrooms you might though :)

Stick to a low dose. For your first time don't do more than 1.5 grams of mushrooms or more than 100ug of LSD.

I don't think you need a trip sitter. It surely doesn't hurt but but you're not going to go crazy on the doses I'm suggesting.

Thank you, guys.

I'll start with a smaller dose then I'll gradually increase it.

I want to use Psychedelics for growth. I need to heal my childhood trauma which highly affects my self-improvement performance.

I'm sure I have some emotional blockages that are holding me back.

Sometimes I notice radical mood changes that affect my well-being. When something doesn't feel right it's because I'm still holding to childhood emotional blockages.

Anyway, these blockages are subconscious, that's why I need a Psychedelic trip.

If it's gonna be bad, let it be bad. These Magic Mushrooms know what I need.

Edited by The Don
To add a few phrases.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Sneaky.

Peace and well-being to you my friend. :)

You talk about it like you know what will happen. You don't. And you won't know until you know. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

53 minutes ago, Rigel said:

You talk about it like you know what will happen. You don't. And you won't know until you know. 

Haha yes. It’s like saying “A trip to the planet Xenon isn’t so bad. The zidnuvs and fluglins could actually help me”. 

Sneaky squirrel 

I can't know for sure what is going to happen when I'll have my first Psychedelic trip.

When I'm assuming that I'll have a bad experience, I do it because I've had a problematic childhood. I've been deeply traumatized.

So, it would be normal to have a bad trip as my subconscious mind still holds awful beliefs. Not because of me obviously, but because of the life circumstances that I went through.

I'm working hard to get rid of my old self-destructing beliefs. It's a hard thing to do because when you want to give up on something, negative or positive, the psyche hits back. The psyche wants to maintain homeostasis.

@The Don Depending on the dose. At a small medium dose even if childhood trauma arises or something very difficult to you to digest it won't probably traumatize you since you are expecting it.

However most trips are fun. Even the ones you do for introspection. Bad trips are never expected, because if they would you wouldn't have took it in the first place. 

Also beware that even for negative stuff an altered state can give you even a good experience. I remember the first trip that I discovered my low-self esteem and lack of love to myself I had tears of joy running by my face by being conscious I was not a victim. It was the unconscious state (the rest of my life so far) that was actually the BAD TRIP :)

Edited by Javfly33

16 minutes ago, The Don said:

I can't know for sure what is going to happen when I'll have my first Psychedelic trip.

When I'm assuming that I'll have a bad experience, I do it because I've had a problematic childhood. I've been deeply traumatized.

This is still an overstatement:  "I can't know for sure what is going to happen when I have my first Psychedelic trip" 

A more accurate statement would be "I have no freaking clue what is going to happen when I have my first Psychedelic trip".

For all you know, it will be the most blissful experience of your life. . . Yet if you keep repeating the mantra that it will be a "bad experience" over and over again, you will increase the chance it will be a "bad experience" - not because of the problematic childhood, but because of the mantra you keep repeating. It is a LOA thing. 

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I remember the first trip that I discovered my low-self esteem and lack of love to myself I had tears of joy running by my face by being conscious I was not a victim.

Wow, man!

That's how you get rid of your old negative beliefs. The perfect definition.

This is what I need to experience. I didn't love myself because I didn't know what love is.

My parents weren't lovable at all. My pregnant mother was stressed and worried about the future.

My father had problems because he was an alcoholic.

My family was highly dysfunctional so what could I learn and believe about myself as a child? That I was worthless and insignificant.

The trauma was rooted deep into my psyche; a.k.a my subconscious mind.

Psychedelics are great tools for healing.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

For all you know, it will be the most blissful experience of your life. . . Yet if you keep repeating the mantra that it will be a "bad experience" over and over again, you will increase the chance it will be a "bad experience" - not because of the problematic childhood, but because of the mantra you keep repeating. It is a LOA thing. 

Okay. B|

I'll stop saying that. I don't wanna have a bad experience.

All I need is healing.

@The Don Some people find setting an intention to be helpful. Yet it's important to do it in a humble, genuine manner - without any agenda or expectation. If the ego tries to control the trip, it can be a rough ride.

For example, an intention might be "Universe, please show me what love is during this trip". As well, if you spend 1-2 weeks prior to the trip contemplating and self-inquirying love - it can orient the energetics toward love. This doesn't guarantee the trip theme will be about love, yet it increases the chances. As well, there could be some tough love lessons as well as feel-good love lessons. It is good you are open to difficult lessons, yet also be open to blissful lessons as well. .

The three main factors you have control of heading into a trip are dosage, setting and mindset.  Set yourself up for a positive trip and then let go and surrender to it. 

In my case, I think I am prepared to have a bad trip. 

It's good you're ready to have a hard trip should it go there. You don't need to go and expect it, but being prepared is good.

Anyway, should I take Psychedelics by myself or should I do it with someone with experience in order to assist me in the process?

That's your call. If you have a good friend who's tripped before, that might be a good situation.

Most important is that you set up your environment really well, Set and Setting. Have some good music on hand, be prepared to be able to go for a walk if you're up for it. Turn off your devices, clean your house beforehand. Make sure you're healthy and well rested physically and mentally going into the trip. Have some light food on hand like fruit. Don't smoke weed or drink booze during your trip.

I like tripping at night because it's quiet and introspective, but some people like the day.

I think I could handle a Psychedelic experience but... I'm not that sure yet.

You can handle it. Just start small, work up. There's no reason you need to hit yourself over the head in the deep end.

How long does a Psychedelic experience last?

Depends on the drug. Mushrooms, about 6h. LSD about 10-12h. 5-MeO-DMT about 1h if you snort it. Every psychedelic has a different profile.

For example, Magic Mushrooms would be my choice. A dose of 3 grams maybe. Would that be too much for a start?

That might be a tad high to start. I'd recommend 1.5-2g. You can always take more next time. Mushrooms are a good choice.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

45 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Set yourself up for a positive trip and then let go and surrender to it.

I'll do it.

43 minutes ago, outlandish said:

I'd recommend 1.5-2g.

1.5g sounds good to me. xD

45 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

For example, an intention might be "Universe, please show me what love is during this trip". As well, if you spend 1-2 weeks prior to the trip contemplating and self-inquirying love - it can orient the energetics toward love.

Yes. That's a good point. I'll build-up to it.