Jahmaine

Can psychedelics get you to Rainbow body?

28 posts in this topic

If psychedelics have the potential to make people enlightened, are they able to get people to a Rainbow Body level? Even though the individual still has to do work themselves and simply taking psychedelics in and of themselves might not make you enlightened as a result of taking them in a single sitting, would anyone say there are limitations to how far they can take you? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_body

https://www.motmag.com/awakeandaware/2017/8/5/rainbow-body-phenomenon-the-greatest-level-of-attainable-consciousness

https://www.gaia.com/article/rainbow-body-101-everything-you-didnt-know

Why does it matter? The rainbow body is no different than your normal body in the absolute. 

Why does anything matter? Doing any consciousness work or not doesn’t really matter in the absolute.

Its just an open ended question I’m curious about.

@erik8lrl Could you elaborate please? Do you know of any examples or how it would be achieved? 

@Jahmaine I mean my opinion is this sounds like a huge distraction on the path focusing on these powers and supernatural abilities, it’s potentially possible and cool.

but wouldn’t stabalising in the absolute and living in peace and happiness for the rest of your life be even better? ;) 

This seems like a distraction from the work to me, just my opinion though.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Yeah it could be a distraction, depends on what an individual is aiming for, although it is described in one of the links above as the greatest level of enlightenment so if that’s the case and people didn’t want that then yeah I guess, I’ve read that it takes tremendous work to get here, something like 13 years without a single “negative thought” has helped people get to this stage supposedly; but that’s not what’s being asked here, I’m not looking for a debate about whether it should be done or not, just whether anyone knows if psychedelics can be used as an aid to get there, pretty straight forward question, anything else is kind of irrelevant to what I’m asking here. 

@Jahmaine  Sorry then I personally can’t answer your question. 

Hope you find what you’re looking for! 

I know you’re not asking for this but that sounds like an attempt to transcend the human condition, instead of embrace our humanity, each to their own. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Jahmaine Im no expert obviously, take whatever I say with a pinch of salt, but I was compelled to offer a perspective. Aren't these kinds of things just differing cultural interpretations of the same thing? For me it all boils down to living in the present moment fully. I haven't studied much of the old traditional methods but they all look like they point at the same thing, but the language is much more archaic because these systems were developed in a pre scientific era.  

@Nickyy Yeah on second read of the article it sounds more like complete self realization to be honestt

No, psychedelics can give you some amazing glimpses, but they will not do this kind of bodily transformation which takes decades of daily training.

But then again, ordinary meditation and even awakening experiences themselves will also not give you this kind of super-natural degree of bodily transformation.

You're asking for something which extremely few people have ever achieved via whatever methods. The only person who has a chance of achieving this is a full-time monk who has no life other than meditation/yoga. So even talking about such things is almost pointless because no one who is connected to the internet will ever achieve it. If you need guidance on how to achieve it, you will never achieve it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The rainbow body is what remains after full realization of the true nature of reality. To exist without origin.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, psychedelics can give you some amazing glimpses, but they will not do this kind of bodily transformation which takes decades of daily training.

But then again, ordinary meditation and even awakening experiences themselves will also not give you this kind of super-natural degree of bodily transformation.

You're asking for something which extremely few people have ever achieved via whatever methods. The only person who has a chance of achieving this is a full-time monk who has no life other than meditation/yoga. So even talking about such things is almost pointless because no one who is connected to the internet will ever achieve it. If you need guidance on how to achieve it, you will never achieve it.

Yeah that makes sense, I thought that’d be the case, you’d generally have to be born into the right conditions to be nurtured towards that, but you never know. Thank you for the response.

@jahmaine before you come close to this you probably must first access the prajna body - if you did not access and understand the prajna body you are not even close to understanding. but even after understanding, you need to understand a path is not walked by knowing the direction.

@Jahmaine Thanks. This is interesting. I had once asked in this forum if our physical body can turns into light. 

The second article , 

the monk left his handprint & footprint.

In Mecca, we have prophet Abraham footprint set in stone. And this is a picture I took of prophet Muhammad's footprint. (Peace be upon him)

LRM_EXPORT_101172157366332_20191120_165959389.jpeg

I think he is big. 

@angelite this is not even a physically correct footprint. it is also not stone but clay at least it looks like clay, it’s physiologically not correct - you must discern between what is a man made picture and what is a manifested living prove. a symbol of it is not what it stands for. the size of the ego might not be relevant, some things can be manifested by pure will and others only through emanation.

Edited by remember

I am not sure if this one is a replica or the real ones. Actually there are many original ones. I thought only prophets can do such miracles. When they step on a stone, it leaves a print. It was an actual stone. Actual footprint. 

Prophet Abraham footprint in Mecca stays beside the Ka'ba (the cube that he built with his son) till now. 

His bow & arrow is big too. They are physically bigger than us. Slightly. 

Edited by Angelite