Cocolove

Wim Hof method v.s. shamanic breathing

21 posts in this topic

I've done shamanic breathing for about a year or two on and off. I find that it just doesn't work for me. I either breath too fast and can't go very long at all, or too slow and get nothing. 

I just tried the Wim Hof method and it was great. I can get as deep as I've gotten with shamanic breathing at the end, but throughout the whole 20 min. The pauses in between rounds just make it so much more effective.

I plan on doing this every day, however I am concerned there is a reason Leo did not teach this method @Leo Gura

Will the Wim Hof method produce the same emotional/spiritual purification results as shamanic breathing.

Sorry if this is already a thread, when I searched Wim Hof, or similar keywords, nothing came up.

Try your direct experience. If Wim Hof breathing works better for you then you should stick to it.

Dont turn Leo or his teachings into a dogma. It’s a good thing to experiment with different techniques and teachers. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

The Wim Hoff method is inspired from Tibetan techniques

43 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

The Wim Hoff method is inspired from Tibetan techniques

Good to know. I suppose it will probably produce the same type of purification then, not just physiological effects.

Holotropical breathwork puts me in a deep shamanic sleep. A trance like state where the "inner healer" takes over as your ego surrenders. Your whole body/mind complex will go on auto-pilot and start adressing and purging the deep layered blocks. This especially is this case in a group setting. But then again its with every type of breathwork. I've been doing WHM since june too (power breaths especially). Its awesome and easy to integrate in daily life. Holotropic breathwork not so much.

1 hour ago, Visionary said:

Holotropical breathwork puts me in a deep shamanic sleep. A trance like state where the "inner healer" takes over as your ego surrenders. Your whole body/mind complex will go on auto-pilot and start adressing and purging the deep layered blocks. This especially is this case in a group setting. But then again its with every type of breathwork. I've been doing WHM since june too (power breaths especially). Its awesome and easy to integrate in daily life. Holotropic breathwork not so much.

Can you please describe your understanding of the not so big difference between the Hoff method and Holotropical breathwork ?

3 hours ago, Cocolove said:

Good to know. I suppose it will probably produce the same type of purification then, not just physiological effects.

If you were to do a breathing technique that produced hallucinations would that be physiological ?

They dont differ in the sense that both techniques are more effective in group setting. That's the only thing.

6 hours ago, Visionary said:

They dont differ in the sense that both techniques are more effective in group setting. That's the only thing.

Have you been in these situations where people are on the floor and some going into convulsive movements or other strong reactions or hallucinations ?

@Cocolove There is such a staggering amount of info out there. It could just be that Leo hasn't tried the method or it hasn't resonated with him personally. But obviously it has with you so stick with it. I think it is a great technique and it will definitely purify you if you are serious and committed. Don't make Leo an authority on what will work for you. Ironically you should watch Leo's vid on authority.

Yes, the one was me lmao. It pretty much looked like an exorcism once the inner healer took over. Insane screaming. Insane movements (body, hands, neck, tongue like a snake), laughter like the girl from the exorcist (that came from my throat). It was quite insane man. All during the holotropic breathwork retreat. Dit 8 sessions, 2 sessions for four days straight.

6 hours ago, Visionary said:

Yes, the one was me lmao. It pretty much looked like an exorcism once the inner healer took over. Insane screaming. Insane movements (body, hands, neck, tongue like a snake), laughter like the girl from the exorcist (that came from my throat). It was quite insane man. All during the holotropic breathwork retreat. Dit 8 sessions, 2 sessions for four days straight.

Did it heal you? Do you feel like you still need to do more sessions?

Yes. It healed me incredibly much. I think i will do 1 retreat every year. There are always some deeper layers to go. Past life traumas, peri-natal traumas etc. But its not the only thing I do to heal. I do the WHM daily. I meditate more often now. I have also holosync and use a crystal named moldavite. Also listen to energetic transmissions on youtube which can be incredible powerful.

36 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Also listen to energetic transmissions on youtube which can be incredible powerful.

any examples?

13 hours ago, Visionary said:

To what extent are people doing that due to feeling it in combination of acting like that because screaming. Insane movements are the norm in those sessions?

Also when it gets to that point where people are doing that how much of the technique have they done to get to that point what is the duration.
There are sets of the power breathing how many breathes in each set and how many sets and how long in between?

You said WHM  (power breaths especially) is easy to integrate in daily life. Holotropic breathwork not so much.
Is Holotropic breathwork not so much only because of the group situation is not as convenient?

Edited by Nak Khid

The fun part is that your inner healer will decide everything man. It will be a full blown auto response session once it takes over. It will decide whether you will scream, move or twitch and also when. You'll have to see when it takes over. Differs for everyone. Just drop the resistance.

People like Matt Kahn are very known for their transmissions. Rupert Spira is doing them nowadays too during his meditations. But the most powerful i've encountered are by youtube channel called The Enlightened Way. Especially if you're an energy sensitive you could feel it right away if you open yourself up. For others it might take a bit longer.

Holotropic breathwork sessions have a much longer duration, that's why. WHM takes like 15 minutes everytime.

@Visionary  could you give a brief breal down of each methods sets?

We know the William Hoff is sets of 30, so how many sets or in 15 minutes and what is the time of the interval between them?

Holotropic breathwork same question

Also please describe the first physiological sensations you most often get in the first stages of either technique such as tingling in the arms, types of  auditory or visual sensations

Edited by Nak Khid

Only once in my life a teacher from India  instructed us (a group of people) to do something similar to shamanic breathing and said we should not do it by ourselves as it was dangerous.

Close to the end of the session I was on the verge of crying. Something wanted to come out and leave my body, but could not.

He said the technique was from Bhairav Tantra.

Edited by Buba

10 hours ago, Buba said:

Only once in my life a teacher from India  instructed us (a group of people) to do something similar to shamanic breathing and said we should not do it by ourselves as it was dangerous.

Close to the end of the session I was on the verge of crying. Something wanted to come out and leave my body, but could not.

He said the technique was from Bhairav Tantra.

Why were you on the  verge of crying if he was talking about not doing a dangerous breathing technique ?

6 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

Why were you on the  verge of crying if he was talking about not doing a dangerous breathing technique ?

He said dont it at home by yourself. 

I dont know why I was on the verge of crying. But I knew if I cry that would be very good.