LfcCharlie4

Breatharians- Crazy snake oil salesman or Stage Turquoise way of eating....

38 posts in this topic

@DrewNows fair enough but just be careful man. 

I follow a lot of plant based doctors who focus on holistic healing the body etc, and I’m not quite convinced raw food can satisfy all of our nutrient needs, maybe I’m wrong like I said, but I also feels it’s I credibly expensive and very biased towards certain macros. 

I also don’t think you have to be spiritual to have a yellow/ turquoise understanding, remember SD is a model of Psychological development not spiritual development :) 

wish you the best of luck! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@DrewNows fair enough but just be careful man. 

I follow a lot of plant based doctors who focus on holistic healing the body etc, and I’m not quite convinced raw food can satisfy all of our nutrient needs, maybe I’m wrong like I said, but I also feels it’s I credibly expensive and very biased towards certain macros. 

I also don’t think you have to be spiritual to have a yellow/ turquoise understanding, remember SD is a model of Psychological development not spiritual development :) 

wish you the best of luck! 

Its less to do with adequate food and more to do with your vibrational frequency. The higher your vibration, the less physical nourishment you will need to sustain yourself. There are days where sunlight and some barefoot walking on earth provides me with all i need.

As one raises his/her vibration higher and higher he/she will naturally know what to do and how to do it, if unsure and have doubts then it would not be wise until its a clear sight/set of instructions. Once you get to a certain level of understanding over reality, you won't need to ask others.

Remember, physical reality is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, its not really solid, in fact its almost entirely empty space. Its all energy and energy can be transmuted if you know how. Once one taps into the levels of mastery over reality, he can do as he wishes/pleases but in most cases when one reaches higher levels of developlment and starts to naturally fall into the true self, the universal self, so to speak.

This is when the Ego starts to die because siddihs and egoic desires are not as profound as who you truly are. Once you reunite with your absolute truth, you remember why you chose to be here to begin with. From there everything you do is mastered as long as you remain pure.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto I understand what you mean, but most enlightened teachers have repeatedly said enlightenment doesn’t mean you escape from the laws of physics and our body. 

It just seems strange that the majority of the most enlightened teachers over the last century haven’t been practicing this, hell most aren’t even vegan, and I don’t see how diet influences your access to the absolute.

For example my teachers are certainly not breatharians or raw vegans yet are definitely at 1000. 

There is no difference in absolute terms between a guy meditating on the Himalayas using prana as energy, and a guy drinking beer watching football, they could both have the same understanding of reality. 

@pluto are you an athlete? Have you had your blood tests and other checks to see if your body is in good stead etc,l

@Leo Gura am I just being closed minded with all this? I get it’s possible, but surely more teachers who are finished would be advocating this if it was true. 

Id love to know your input as I know you eat meat still, so are you less “spiritual” as a result of that then??

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

8 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@pluto It just seems strange that the majority of the most enlightened teachers over the last century haven’t been practicing this, hell most aren’t even vegan, and I don’t see how diet influences your access to the absolute. 

It is strange. It's called spiritual materialism. The belief that you can set up external reality or fix a bunch of situations in order to "find" completeness. 

Completeness is your absolute nature, as you know, why would purifying your body of chemicals and not eating make any difference to living in the now?

It may help a little. 

@Nickyy yes it may help. I’m not denying being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle makes the path much easier. 

My point is you don’t have to at all.

Pure Natural Awareness is always here, now, no matter what you are doing, it’s just for the majority it is in the background.

To me though this seems more about chasing states, and wanting to permanently “feel good” instead realising this is it now, this moment we are experiencing now is the whole teaching, there’s a reason Ramana said the highest teaching Is silence, and that transmissions have been used for centuries to help people, maybe breatharians can detox their body better or whatever, but it’s certainly not necessary to realise the truth of your being.

4 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Nickyy yes it may help. I’m not denying being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle makes the path much easier. 

My point is you don’t have to at all.

Pure Natural Awareness is always here, now, no matter what you are doing, it’s just for the majority it is in the background.

To me though this seems more about chasing states, and wanting to permanently “feel good” instead realising this is it now, this moment we are experiencing now is the whole teaching, there’s a reason Ramana said the highest teaching Is silence, and that transmissions have been used for centuries to help people, maybe breatharians can detox their body better or whatever, but it’s certainly not necessary to realise the truth of your being.

Exactly. Chasing states is spiritual materialism. I think these ideologies are created by people who just can't master the ego. And therefore replace one ideology with another. They think they are making progress, but it's just another form of hypnosis.

33 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@pluto I understand what you mean, but most enlightened teachers have repeatedly said enlightenment doesn’t mean you escape from the laws of physics and our body. 

It just seems strange that the majority of the most enlightened teachers over the last century haven’t been practicing this, hell most aren’t even vegan, and I don’t see how diet influences your access to the absolute.

For example my teachers are certainly not breatharians or raw vegans yet are definitely at 1000. 

There is no difference in absolute terms between a guy meditating on the Himalayas using prana as energy, and a guy drinking beer watching football, they could both have the same understanding of reality. 

@pluto are you an athlete? Have you had your blood tests and other checks to see if your body is in good stead etc,l

@Leo Gura am I just being closed minded with all this? I get it’s possible, but surely more teachers who are finished would be advocating this if it was true. 

Id love to know your input as I know you eat meat still, so are you less “spiritual” as a result of that then??

Enlightenment gives you the clarity and freedom to do otherwise. Some focus on this, others focus on that, wherever the focus, its sees with eye of god, its done with gods hand, so its perfected, its mastered, its you at your purest form and highest creative potential. If you knew you were god and seeing yourself as god, what makes you think you can't shift perspectives and live out lifetimes in a single blink of an eye? Its infinite.

Nikola Tesla said it best, If you want to understand the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration and or numbers 3 6 and 9. If the mind is Enlightened whatever the subject, you master it, you see its perfection, because you are it, you see you as it. You know it.

And no there is no way to be more/less spiritual but by to simply be yourself. We are all masters, we just have to find our focus.

B R E A T H E

@Nickyy  I believe exactly the same ngl. 

Like my understanding of the highest teachings is that this is it, there is no special state, it goes full circle but of course you understand you aren’t thebsmall I but the big I and pure natural awareness but you have your individuality, the best phrase I’ve heard is transcendental individuality.

however not saying diet and nutrition isn’t important in personal development, I take nutrition very seriously and also go to the gym etc and play sport so diet is key, I just don’t think you have to eat a certain way for spiritual reasons.

although the more compassion you develop maybe you will stop eating certain things, who knows.

@pluto you didn’t really answer my questions regarding blood tests and making sure your body is running optimally.

for example studies have shown starvation can actually begin to cause bliss states, so maybe that’s why these sort of practices have been associated with spirituality for so long? 

Breatharianism might be a real thing. I theorize that you need to be at/beyond a specific stage of spiritual development/being able to manipulate prana/energy to your advantage, to such a degree where you can live off of it (at least for quite a while). If "normal" people go and try this, they'll fail and it can have catastrophic consequences. 

Edited by iTommy

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

@iTommy potentially who knows, although is it optimum for human health? 

Most breatharians also eat a bit still.

and Ray Maor lost 18lbs in his 8 day experiment, so he must eat some sort of food or he wouldn’t of lost 2lb a day if that was his norm? 

14 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@iTommy potentially who knows, although is it optimum for human health? 

Most breatharians also eat a bit still.

and Ray Maor lost 18lbs in his 8 day experiment, so he must eat some sort of food or he wouldn’t of lost 2lb a day if that was his norm? 

It might be quite beneficial if done properly/correctly. I watched a documentary- type of video about Qi Gong, where there were monks who apparently didn't eat for months and even years. I couldn't find it, or I would've posted it here. They work themselves up to this point (for a long time) and don't jump right into not eating (something which seemingly many do, and fail, unsurprisingly). I don't know about Ray Maor, if it's a video that was posted here, then I haven't watched it.

If you're advanced in meditation, yoga or similar, you might even gain the ability to control your physical flesh suit/body to a certain degree. Such as pulse, heartbeat etc.

Edited by iTommy
Yes.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Way of ""eating""... xD lol

Btw this summer I was on perfusions so I didn't eat or drink much for about two months. I was actually horribly beated up in the hospital by other people because I didn't want to eat. I lost 20 kg (44 pounds) in 2 months. :) 

Edited by Aquarius

Just because it's from India I wouldn't believe it. Some eastern people like to assume that things just happen their way. It's a kind of delusional thinking. There is no rational evidence to this sort of practice and any evidence presented is just hearsay. 

I believe in science as much as I believe in religion. I think science fulfills the need of the body whereas religion and spirituality fulfills the needs of the soul. 

It's important to have great determination which is helpful at times during adverse situations where food is not available and to survive in those situations without food but at the end of the day I feel it's the human mechanism that allows for that to happen. The human body is very strong and can withstand a variety of terrible situations. It's the survival instinct that allows unthinkable things to happen. But of course there is a limit to this survival instinct. And beyond the threshold I believe the person would die 

I think it's terrible to mislead people and make them believe in something magical like living without food. People should not fall for it. 

A simple spiritual practice can do wonders to every day living. These extreme missions or activities are completely unnecessary in my opinion. It's something that spiritual junkies would want to try. Deep down its delusion. 

I think in yoga you can control certain aspects of the physical body but its only so much that can be controlled.. Beyond that I don't think that spiritual energy has anymore impact on the human body. 

I don't know why people have to always try something either very risky or very unrealistic. I guess curiousity gets the better of them. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I honestly couldn’t agree more, my teachers say life begins when you are fully awakened and reach 1000.

to me living life wouldn’t be using prana as my main energy as I’ll want to be out in the world building businesses, playing sports and most importantly having lots of fun.

after all the reason we’re here is to be happy, I don’t see the need for all this denial to achieve certain states, maybe it works for Yogis who meditate all day in their caves but that isn’t my personal path! 

I just honestly don’t see it as viable for those of us who are active in the world personally.