Zigzag Idiot

Music

2,835 posts in this topic

Please excuse me for double posting the Abba songs.

For some, Willie Nelson's Stardust Album competes with The Best of Bread for being relaxing music. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I was just thinking when I was like 13 I didn't listen anything but Eminem

If I were to warm up to rap, it would probably be through Eminem or rappers that are funny or maybe funny-raunchy. As it stands now I feel almost as disconnnected as when I would sit at my grandparents as a kid and watch the Lawrence Welch show with them.

Or The Porter Wagoner Show. It was pretty bad also. Childhood with only 2 tv channels,,,

18 hours ago, Marc Schinkel said:

LOL! I can picture you banging the TV until the picture faded in and then sitting on a little cusion with the exact expression you have in your profile picture.

Have you ever heard lil dicky? He does "stand up rap for the people that are anti rap" -- or something to that effect anyway:

@Marc Schinkel  ?That's close but I didn't become entranced in a show unless it was Star Trek, Hogan's Heroes, Gunsmoke or something like that.  It was my job most of the time to go outside and turn the tv antenna until I someone yelled Woe. Usually followed by a series of - "too far, go back just a little".

I'm not familiar with Lil Dicky. I'll investigate. I would probably appreciate Eminem more if watched 8 mile or maybe read his biography. 

19 hours ago, modmyth said:

@Zigzag Idiot  I was actually thinking of which ELO song to post, and both of those songs came to mind (Strange Magic especially). So apparently Jeff Lynne wrote "Livin' Thing" in 15 minutes because it came into his mind fully-formed? It's one of those tidbits that always sticks out in my memory.

Also, apparently ABBA hated wearing those outfits, but did it for Swedish tax benefits.

@modmyth Thanks for the music trivia. That backs up my hunch that Jeff Lynne is a mystic hiding in plain sight. As was the other members of The Traveling Wilburys. Bob Dylan. is the only one still alive, I think. 

It seems each succeeding generation is naturally more sophisticated than the previous ones but still lack in a certain kind of Wisdom. I wish that I would have known then, what I know now. Hinted at in the old phrase that "youth is wasted on the young "  A lot of us have laughed at how the older generations expressed themselves, dressed, cut their hair, etc. but then in just a few years, those that laughed at others find their styles being made fun of. If the result of wearing eccentric clothes meant paying fewer taxes,, I would do that at the drop of the hat, though. ?

Aah I haven't heard that song Landslide in a long time, I love it

6 hours ago, Iiris said:

Aah I haven't heard that song Landslide in a long time, I love it

?❤️?‍♂️ 

In Pythagorean numerology, it's said for those with a 33/6  birth number, enduring an emotional crucifixion is on the menu.

Enjoy your meal,,,

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.