The Don

There are objective rules to life that can't be disputed.

40 posts in this topic

Hello.

It's okay to have your own way in life; nobody disrespects that.

But when it comes to life, there are some objective rules to follow.

There is a path in life... and when we wander off the path, hell breaks loose.

Rules that sane human beings adopt:

1. People are not basically good which is why we need to make people good.

2. The family value is the cornerstone of human progress. Father, mother, and children.

3. The pursuit of happiness is absolutely crucial to every human being.

You can be whatever you want and do whatever you want after you understand that goodness, the family value, and happiness are the building block of life.

When people and societies drop those values, hell breaks loose.

When people fail to see what wisdom stands for, societies die.

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don Interesting stuff. I agree with points 1 & 3 . Regarding your second point, these sound like fixed ideas about gender, sexuality. Where do LGBTTQQIAAP fit into this?

Conflating objective, relative and absolute is a recipe for inner turmoil. 

“Family values”: mother (Preferably homemaker), father (strong, masculine etc) and 2 kids. All are of course heterosexual and usually fundamentally religious. And all goes well until a) father changes his wife to a younger one b) homemaker might want a career or c) one or more parties come out of closet or “falls away from the wagon” like ex- priest Ted Haggard (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard).

Or we might actually learn to live in 21st century and leave 1950s fall back into history where it belongs. 

All that is relative.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

All that is relative.

With that being said, we need to reproduce ourselves to keep society and human progress going.

Just now, The Don said:

With that being said, we need to reproduce ourselves to keep society and human progress going.

So what?

@The Don we won’t die out ? that is that how progress will be made. People will not willing give up on reproduction in one century.

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@The Don how is any of that objective?

These are your personal values. Conservative ones.

I think that you are "insane" for believing that these are objective. How is sane and who is insane now? 

Have you ever considered that we might have a problem with overpopulation more than with shrinking population? Outbreaks in nature never end well for the species.

@The Don A shrinking population is the last thing you should be worried about right now.

5 hours ago, The Don said:

I'm showing you something important: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYZPTaV-RcQ

Hello.

It's okay to have your own way in life; nobody disrespects that.

But when it comes to life, there are some objective rules to follow.

There is a path in life... and when we wander off the path, hell breaks loose.

Rules that sane human beings adopt:

1. People are not basically good which is why we need to make people good.

2. The family value is the cornerstone of human progress. Father, mother, and children.

3. The pursuit of happiness is absolutely crucial to every human being.

You can be whatever you want and do whatever you want after you understand that goodness, the family value, and happiness are the building block of life.

When people and societies drop those values, hell breaks loose.

When people fail to see what wisdom stands for, societies die.

In countries where women are more educated, have better access to birth control, reproductive services and health care and in countries where the infant mortality rate is low, fertility rates will be lower. In places lacking education, access to services and high infant mortality, fertility is going to be higher, driving a population increase.

Total fertility rates, measurements representing the average number of children a woman will deliver in her lifetime, have been on the decline since 1950. However, the global population has continued to increase, growing by 197 percent since 1950 and bringing the global population from 2.6 billion people to 7.6 billion people. Murray says this is something known as population momentum. There is a lag between when fertility drops and when the population begins to decline

The group of 47 least developed countries (LDCs) continues to have a relatively high level of fertility.  The group of 47 least developed countries (LDCs) continues to have a relatively high level of fertility, which stood at 4.3 births per woman in 2010-2015. As a result, the population of these countries has been growing rapidly, at around 2.4 % per year.  More and more countries now have fertility rates below the level required for the replacement of successive generations (roughly 2.1 births per woman), and some have been in this situation for several decades. During 2010-2015, fertility was below the replacement level in 83 countries comprising 46 % of the world’s population.
The current world population of 7.6 billion is expected to reach 8.6 billion in 2030, 9.8 billion in 2050 and 11.2 billion in 2100, Most of the global increase is attributable to a small number of countries. From 2017 to 2050, it is expected that half of the world’s population growth will be concentrated in just nine countries: India, Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Pakistan, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania, the United States of America, Uganda and Indonesia (ordered by their expected contribution to total growth).  Nigeria is growing the most rapidly. Consequently, the population of Nigeria, currently the world’s 7th largest, is projected to surpass that of the United States and become the third largest country in the world shortly before 2050. The  population the United States will rise to 438 million in 2050, from 296 million in 2005, and fully 82% of the growth during this period will be due to immigrants arriving from 2005 to 2050 and their descendants.

According to a new U.S. Army report, Americans could face a horrifically grim future from climate change involving blackouts, disease, thirst, starvation and war. The study found that the US military itself might also collapse. This could all happen over the next two decades, the report notes.

The senior US government officials who wrote the report are from several key agencies including the Army, Defense Intelligence Agency, and NASA. The study called on the Pentagon to urgently prepare for the possibility that domestic power, water, and food systems might collapse due to the impacts of climate change as we near mid-century.

The report was commissioned by General Mark Milley, Trump's new chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, making him the highest-ranking military officer in the country

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A shrinking population is the last thing you should be worried about right now.

Then who's gonna keep what's good in the world?

I'm talking about good things like human progress, technology, human rights and so forth; these require human labor. Those things require smart minds. They are needed. Not to be disrespectful, but I'm sure you wouldn't imagine your life without technology and YouTube. Your life as it is right now would not have been possible without the means that society has offered you.

We know what happened with the Roman empire and all the other civilizations that destroyed themselves from within, as Dr. Benjamin Carson explains in the video.

We often underestimate, underappreciate and take everything for granted. ALL OF US! We think we know how to appreciate everything that's good in the world. It just doesn't work that way. It's just not enough to say that I'm grateful for what I have. Action is also necessary for the fact that a family is extremely important for human progress. Families are the cornerstone of societies and human progress as I've said before. We don't live forever. Humans come and go. That's why we need to reproduce ourselves to keep everything that's good in the world GOING. We live in the real world buddy. There are objective rules to life weather you like it or not.

If our parents, for example, decided that kids are not worth it, we wouldn't be around.

We overlook so many of these important facts.

@Leo Gura, there are statistics in the Western world about birth rates.

Japan will be gone in 100 years. They don't reproduce themselves.

Germany as well. Low birth rates.

All Western countries are faced with the same problem.

It is happening and nobody seems to care.

It is a problem that we need to overcome.

@The Don You're buying into ideologies which you have no idea are true. Notice that. You have no idea what the right population rate for humanity is. It's all speculation.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You're buying into ideologies which you have no idea are true. Notice that. You have no idea what the right population rate for humanity is. It's all speculation.

I am listening to you, @Leo Gura.

I always try to consider other points of view.

Should we look and learn from the past?

3 minutes ago, The Don said:

Should we look and learn from the past?

Yes, but it is silly to compare the Roman empire to 21st global humanity.

The human population will be at 10 billion in the next 50 years.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

The human population will be at 10 billion in the next 50 years.

That's absolutely true but just for a while, Leo.

Then the population will shrink. It's inevitable according to a handful of scientists.

There are people who study this subject; some studied this subject for decades.

Just a few scientists are aligned with the idea that the human population will shrink.

Maybe we should consider their points of view as well. Shouldn't we?

In this video, Elon Musk predicts population implosion which is pretty fascinating since Elon was never interested in these kinds of subjects. There is a reason why he's talking about the subject. He tries to tell us something important.

On the other hand, let's say that the population will shrink.

Let's make an imaginary prediction.

What would happen if the world population will shrink?

What are the worst-case scenarious?