Leo Gura

Announcement: You Can Now Submit Subtitles & Translations!

23 posts in this topic

I've been contacted periodically over the last several years by folks who've been wanting to translate Actualized.org videos in other languages. Unfortunately this has been impossible...

Until now!

Youtube now has a community subtitling and translation system.

You can now contribute subtitles & translations for any Actualized.org video!

Watch how:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks Leo. That's very great. I will try to translate as many videos as I can to the Arabic language and share them as well. 

I can help with translating into Russian. Just need to figure out how to do it first O.o

Youtube makes translating very easy. You first create English subtitles, then you click Auto Translate, and Google's algorithm automatically translates everything for you, but then you need to go through and proof-read and fine-tune the translation.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Youtube makes translating very easy. You first create English subtitles, then you click Auto Translate, and Google's algorithm automatically translates everything for you, but then you need to go through and proof-read and fine-tune the translation.

I'll look at it tomorrow. Is there any video in particular you'd like me to work on first or it's totally up to me?

@Natasha Up to you. Don't take this on as an obligation. Only if you really want to.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Natasha Up to you. Don't take this on as an obligation. Only if you really want to.

I've been actually wanting to translate your material for some time, but didn't know how to go about it . Sounds like a fun project. Thanks for the opportunity :) 

I will translate into german. :) This is a good task for me at the moment. Finally something I can fully concentrate on and calm down my mind. :D

I can translate some to Spanish. That's really cool.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 5/28/2016 at 7:25 PM, Leo Gura said:

All your YT videos already have auto-generated English and Russian subtitles , but they are not quite 100% accurate. I tried to find a way to edit/ fine-tune already existing text and there was no option for that. The only way to re-do it would be to start over from scratch, which I can do also. 

That's great news. I would love to translate some of your videos to Turkish. Going through them will help me internalize the stuff you're talking about too.

@Natasha  yeah I tried to find a way to fine-tune already existing text too.So I made all the English subtitles from scratch for this video:

so you can translate this in your native language if you want.The time tags are already in place...you just have to fine tune the google translate result (or make it from scratch...however you wanna do it).

That's great! I'll contribute translations into Russian and Lithuanian. Sounds like a fun project to work on!

I think it's wrong to translate Leo's videos.

He speaks simple English. He uses few idioms. He does not muddy the water to make it look deep. His accent is perfect. Even if you still cannot understand what he says you can turn on automatic subtitles in English so that you can track what he says. 

The first step in self-improvement in the Internet age (i.e. the year 2016) should be learning English to the minimum competence which allows you to understand what Leo says in his videos.

Therefore, such translation would be a fundamental contradiction. 

I already translated 27 minutes on the "How stop being a victim" to spanish. It has been bit tiresome to me. Anyone wants to help ?

Edited by JoseM

@counterdependent I'd say I'd agree with you to some extent. However, until this global communication is possible, I think it's better to lessen the boundaries by reaching through translations. 

Endless nuance