Focus Shift

Psychedelic Routine

12 posts in this topic

Hey there everyone. I was wondering what you guys have planned to get the most out of a psychedelic experience? With mushrooms it's easier to just meditate and chill/listen to music and really focus since it only lasts 2 to 4 hours. But I was wondering what you guys do with LSD for instance which can last up to 12 hours! What routine/plan do you use to get the most insights out of a psychedelic trip. Do you meditate, do you go for a hike. Do you stare at a wall in amazement for 12 hours straight? Would love some input on this. 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

@Focus Shift I usually start by meditating for the first hour, then I put on some music for maybe 20 minutes to get into a good mood. Then I go to bed in silent darkness. I feel i get the most growth out of silent darkness. Because it's just you and your mind, and all your fears come up and you have to deal with them. 

Yep an acid trip is a big commitment! Those 12 hours feel even longer than 12h too, because of the time-dilating nature of the drug. Some of the things I like to do:

• have some good music ready to go, ideally something that I know is going to be great to listen to, but that I'm not super familiar with yet, so it still sounds fresh.
  • It's good to have a few activities lined up, like being able to go for a walk, explore a part of the city you've never been, go for a run in nature. This is for when you're very comfortable in the trip and with tripping, to be conducted with safety! Have your outside clothes ready to go so you don't have to figure that out while tripping.
  • Friends are good to be with, conversations can be amazing.
  • Meditation is next level while tripping. It's funny because it can be harder and easier at the same time. If can go deeper and you can also get more wildly distracted.
  • You'll likely need to eat at some point, so plan for that. You'll probably have appetite for pretty gentle foods
  • It's nice to drink a tea of ginger or mint etc
  • keep a notepad or something handy to scratch down ideas, insights etc
  • If you have a lover you are tripping with it is amazing to have sex on the end of an acid trip

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

It depends on the dosage what I am going to do.

Let's say I take 100-200ug, I probably have the best time walking around in Nature and listening to Music.

Also there are a cool books to work on such doses called: "Psychedelic Prayers: And other Meditations" and "The Psychedelic Experience".

They are very much based on Buddhism but connected to the lsd experience. I would recommend them, I had amazing Insights and profound ego-death experiences because of them and its very good if you dont really know what to do in the beginning.

And when I take higher doses like 300-600ug, I usually meditate the first half hour after I took it to calm down. Then I set up everything (Music, lights..) and for the next 2-4 hours I just lay down on the ground (kind of like jesus on the cruz) and let it take me. Lots of Energys and Vision come up and I just let everything flow trough my body and mind. I tried lots of different stuff and like this by far I get the most out of the Experience, but it also can be very exhausting.

If you like to smoke weed, smoke as much as you can about 2 hours after you took the acid

You need to find your own way to do psychedelics. Experiment alot, try out whats best for you. Be humble, use it with respect.

Hi there! When I do LSD (usually 100 to 200 ug) I prepare some food and my house and take some magnesium to reduce the body load I get with LSD. I try to start as early as I can, I take the psychedelic on an empty stomach and then do Kriya Yoga usually for 45 minutes or so, until I start to feel the effects of the medicine. I then drink a meal supplement drink and lay down on the ground or bed, depending on the weather. I will stay like that, until I have to pee or the body load is to strong that I have to move around, maybe I will do some Hatha Yoga to reduce the soreness.

I also like to drink ginger tea during the trip. If I get some deep realization, I try to write it down or record myself, sometimes just a sentence or a just word will do the trick, so I can remember later and try to describe in more detail. I will do this during the first six hours or so, which are the most intense for me during the trip.

After that my ego-self will start to reassemble, and I will get hungry, so I try to eat some of the food I prepared. I also love to listen to music later during the trip, specially when I do LSD, so I have a playlist that I have been curating with time specially for this occasions. Sometimes I get the need to share the experience with others and find it great to talk with my girlfriend, or maybe I will call family or friends. 

I also feel specially drawn to nature when I do psychedelics, and as I live very close to the forest, I usually finish my trip with a long walk. Later I try to write the realizations in more detail, do Kriya Yoga again and sit down to meditate before I go to bed.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

For me, the best way to do it is start by using shrooms. Increase the dose gradually then hit the DMT. (Darknet is the safest way to get pure DMT. I'm pretty sure my stuff is like 95% pure at least. It's a £100 a gram though. Worth it. 

DMT is my favorite because it's not too strong for anyone to not be able to handle it. It's fast, extremely powerful and smells like metaphysics lol. It's nickname is the spirit molecule 

Not even psychedelics can help with my ability to produce art. ?

With both 5 meo dmt, but more so NN dmt,  I like to have 3 songs lined up to listen to with good headphones. With my eyes closed I just listen to the music and watch whatever show is playing on the inner screen of my mind.

Ive been experimenting some with mixing them together which I'll probably be criticized for,,,. Approximately 40-50 mg dmt freebase with 8-10 mg 5 meo dmt. So far my best trips have been with pushing the upper limits doing solely one or the other though.

This evening I experienced what I would describe as 'crazy spiraling lightening' in my inner vision as I tripped listening to-

Sometimes I'll listen to a Terence McKenna talk instead or maybe just silence.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

In practice the peak of an LSD trip only lasts up to 6 hours. After the 6 hour mark you will exit deep tripping territory and remain in the after-effects zone with a long gradual tail.

For LSD you definitely gotta take the entire day off and start your trip pretty much as soon as you wake up that day.

For deep tripping, just sit still in a room and contemplate reality. There's no need to go anywhere or do anything. Staring at the carpet is basically good enough. You shouldn't be left disappointed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Never start with a hike, you can do that after the peak.

LSD is just too demanding for that.

I prefer solo. With others I am too absorbed caring about their wellbeing.

Oh and poo-poo before. Caring content in intestines makes you feel like an actor from the Alien movie.

Edited by Girzo