Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

How to Generate Peak Experiences

15 posts in this topic

Is there a simple technique to generate peak experiences; a breathing technique or a meditative technique. What activities in your life produce peak experiences. Finally, can you give a brief description of a peak experience.

Other thoughts?

I really like this post. Maybe we can just share certain things that tend to trigger them for us. :) 

Here's my list:

-Fasting

-Mini retreats

-Walks in nature

[Combining those^ (ooof!)] 

-Doing something out of your comfort zone

-Meditation retreats

-Cocaine (just kidding)

Edited by PenguinPablo

@Raptorsin7 go little by little and see how you feel. Maybe start off with 14 hours. Then over time 24 hours. Then eventually something like 3 days, up to a week or so. 

I'll he honest, I don't think I have gone 3 full days even. And yes I mainly do it for the mental/enlightenment reasons, although the physical health benefits are there too. I dont know all the research but 2 day fasts and stuff like that are spectacular for health. Pls speak to a doctor before trying.

Personally, 2 days is the sweet spot for me currently.

Edited by PenguinPablo

For me, it seems like the more I let go rather than trying to get them... the more I get them 

@inFlow The reason i meditate is because im striving for enlightenent. Your post without further clarification is very misleading

7 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@inFlow The reason i meditate is because im striving for enlightenent. 

@Raptorsin7 The honey bee is drawn to a flowers nectar but does it realize it is also spreading it's pollen?

@cetus56 The meditation for the purpose of enlightenent is like a bee going to a flower for nectar, but how does the bee spreading its pollen relate to striving in meditation

@Raptorsin7 fasting is one of the things that helps me get a peak experience. 

Another thing that helps me is a type of meditation in which I do visualization where I feel like I'm accessing an alternate reality or realm or space and in that space there is only love and peace. Sometimes this experience can be very intensely emotional. I call it my love exercise. 

Another thing that helps me is making a chamomile tea. But meditating with it

Recently I came across a video where I saw a snippet and an image of a meditator working on a piece of art. That was beautiful. It felt like full form expression. I haven't tried it yet but going to try it soon. 

Another thing that's helping me recently is my Santa muerte practice 

I also get a lot of insights during my spiritual meditation 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@cetus56 The meditation for the purpose of enlightenent is like a bee going to a flower for nectar, but how does the bee spreading its pollen relate to striving in meditation

@Raptorsin7 Because enlightenment propagates Absolute Truth. You may or may not be consciously striving for Absolute Truth per se but that will be the final outcome.