Temo

Difference Between Mystical Experience and Hallucination

16 posts in this topic

What's the difference between mystical experience and hallucination?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Temo Mystical experiences tend to open up your so-called “psychic channels” which allow you to understand reality conceptually and nonconceptually (beyond the mind and ego). Hallucination typically distracts one from finding deeper truths about reality and instead leads them down a deluded path of egoism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All experience is a hallucination. It's just a matter of what kind of stuff you're hallucinating. The mind can be highly stable or highly unstable and everything in between. Highly stability does not make a hallucination any less a hallucination. It just creates a hallucination of stability and solidity.

A brick wall is you hallucinating something solid and stable. Take a psychedelic and the brick wall will melt and morph. Then it will return back to solidity. Get shot in the head and the brick wall will cease to exist.

Classical psychological hallucinations like psychosis are the result of a less stable mind which tends to play by a different set of rules than ordinary minds. It's more dream-like. More like being on a psychedelic 24/7 but often mixed with ego, fear, and confusion. It's not clear like awakening or meditation. Hence people can hallucinate demons and other things like that.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree with Leo

99% of people are hallucinating,

but there is a Real, and That is the mystical experience. That is the only Reality which exists whether you are looking at it or not, because You are always looking at it.

as Bishop Berkeley said, God is keeping the whole world in place through observation 

what I’m saying is that humans are keeping the false world in place through false perception.

all of your cherished higher dimensions, entities, paranormal experinces, physical laws, and beliefs are maya. The Buddha is greater than any so-called “higher entity” and these higher dimensions are, at best, holding vessels for beings who want to come Here

Return to the Dreamtime, Space Tribe.

just don’t make me your leader in any capacity, guru is only a job- like any other. In all other trades I am inferior

and truth be told, I am doing this out of pure selfishness. I want friends, that’s all

Edited by Bobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Serotoninluv a universal flow of energy not bound by ordinary physical law, but totally ordinary. The basis upon which a new galactic civilization will arise

imagine the conventional laws of nature, as well as so-called miracles as all one big bubble of illusions. When the bubble is burst, what’s left?

energy flowing, with the mind guiding it. Energy is Yin/yang or Brahman, and Mind is Tao or Parabrahman. 

What you think of as your personal will becomes identical to God’s will, and then the entire universe follows you. The Tenth Oxherd picture

If you want the most accurate description of enlightenment available, read the words of Lao Tzu and Nisargadatta Maharaj.

use The Force xD

Edited by Bobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bobby said:

@Serotoninluv a universal flow of energy not bound by ordinary physical law,

Ok, how do you distinguish between "a universal flow of energy not bound by ordinary physical law" and "a non-universal energy bound by ordinary physical law"?

The point is that any duality you create between "real" vs "unreal" will collapse under enough scrutiny, as all dualities collapse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Serotoninluv

no. 

You don’t see it because it’s not your experience. But you will. Everyone will, soon.

People around me have seen dead trees bloom to life, exactly as the tenth picture describes. That’s because when you’re in this state, time accelerates around you, you’re a furnace obliterating karma by your very being

my campus jumped a few years into the future, my best friend commented on how I “created” a patch of trees in the downtown area of my city.

 

Edited by Bobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bobby said:

@Serotoninluv

no. 

You don’t see it because it’s not your experience. But you will. Everyone will, soon.

People around me have seen dead trees bloom to life, exactly as the tenth picture describes. That’s because when you’re in this state, time accelerates around you, you’re a furnace obliterating karma by your very being

my campus jumped a few years into the future, my best friend commented on how I “created” a patch of trees in the downtown area of my city.

 

I'm not arguing with you. Real = Unreal. What you describe is both real and unreal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Serotoninluv words are irrelevant to me. I’m talking about an experience, not concepts. You’re trying to argue with a human; I’m telling God what he’s in for in the very near future.

Edited by Bobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bobby said:

@Serotoninluv words are irrelevant to me. I’m talking about an experience, not concepts. You’re trying to argue with a human; I’m telling God what he’s in for in the very near future.

We aren't on the same frequency, which is fine. It happens sometimes. Have a nice day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Temo  the ego collapses during a mystical experience.  There is no you to be deluded.  It is pure actuality or infinite consciousness.   There is no you to know the difference.  That's how You know.  You is capitalized because it is a Divine experience of God not the ego.

 


"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bobby

7 hours ago, Bobby said:

I disagree with Leo

99% of people are hallucinating,

but there is a Real, and That is the mystical experience. That is the only Reality which exists whether you are looking at it or not, because You are always looking at it.

as Bishop Berkeley said, God is keeping the whole world in place through observation 

what I’m saying is that humans are keeping the false world in place through false perception.

all of your cherished higher dimensions, entities, paranormal experinces, physical laws, and beliefs are maya. The Buddha is greater than any so-called “higher entity” and these higher dimensions are, at best, holding vessels for beings who want to come Here

Return to the Dreamtime, Space Tribe.

just don’t make me your leader in any capacity, guru is only a job- like any other. In all other trades I am inferior

and truth be told, I am doing this out of pure selfishness. I want friends, that’s all

Leo half assed the question dude.  He is God being human.  Cut him a break. 


"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A mystical experience is also a hallucination. It's just a hallucination wherein you realize that reality is a hallucination. A strange loop.:)


“To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float." - Alan Watts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bobby said:

@Serotoninluv

no. 

You don’t see it because it’s not your experience. But you will. Everyone will, soon.

People around me have seen dead trees bloom to life, exactly as the tenth picture describes. That’s because when you’re in this state, time accelerates around you, you’re a furnace obliterating karma by your very being

my campus jumped a few years into the future, my best friend commented on how I “created” a patch of trees in the downtown area of my city.

Trees and campuses are hallucinations. All form is.

You're just changing the way you hallucinate. Which is fine. But a great hallucination is still a hallucination.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now