John Iverson

Is weed good for adhd? Tomorrow i'm going to buy it for the first time is it worth it

41 posts in this topic

If worth it how to do it right? Should i smoke it every other day? , everyday?  How much of it should i use?... tell me your story, well i am aware of addictive potential.. should i take the risk? And do it responsibly? What can you say? About it? Give me advices.. i want to self improve through this stuff.. is it possible? Or it is not worth it because of the bad effects? Is it unhealthy?? I really need your sides before i buy it tomorrow...

Edited by John Iverson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience snow is all it ever did was sedate me severely didn't matter if it was indica or sativa strain and it made my mind drift I can sit on the back porch and just contemplate 4 hours about stuff that was not applicable in real life. But I did find something that helped my ADD and that was kratom I take an ice white Kratom strand about a gram and a half which is a small dose mixed in hot chocolate to hide the bitter flavor and it works quite nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

In my experience snow is all it ever did was sedate me severely didn't matter if it was indica or sativa strain and it made my mind drift I can sit on the back porch and just contemplate 4 hours about stuff that was not applicable in real life. But I did find something that helped my ADD and that was kratom I take an ice white Kratom strand about a gram and a half which is a small dose mixed in hot chocolate to hide the bitter flavor and it works quite nice

So weed cannot produce benefits really??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson You can try it for yourself and come to a conclusion based on your own experience. People experience marijuana or any other psychedelics differently so try it for yourself.

In my opinion marijuana isn't that much of a big deal compared to other psychedelics like LSD or Shrooms. It's legalized here across Canada, and people have been using it for medical purposes for a while now. ADHD is one condition that is said to be cured by medical marijuana. I will also say that I was a frequent user in Highschool, and was able to quit whenever I wanted to. Personally it was not addictive for me. But addiction depends on the individual. Some may find it addicting, some may not.

These days I only use it at low doses when I feel like it. Lower doses seem to have a bit of a meditative effect on me, higher doses turn me into a potato who contemplates nothing or even fearful thoughts.


"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

@John Iverson You can try it for yourself and come to a conclusion based on your own experience. People experience marijuana or any other psychedelics differently so try it for yourself.

In my opinion marijuana isn't that much of a big deal compared to other psychedelics like LSD or Shrooms. It's legalized here across Canada, and people have been using it for medical purposes for a while now. ADHD is one condition that is said to be cured by medical marijuana. I will also say that I was a frequent user in Highschool, and was able to quit whenever I wanted to. Personally it was not addictive for me. But addiction depends on the individual. Some may find it addicting, some may not.

These days I only use it at low doses when I feel like it. Lower doses seem to have a bit of a meditative effect on me, higher doses turn me into a potato who contemplates nothing or even fearful thoughts.

I'm more interested given what you said ❤️❤️❤️

I have a question, what do you think, should i smoke it everyday? Or once a day??

Edited by John Iverson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson Great, hope you have an enjoyable experience with it :)

Maybe start with once a week, then you can try increasing it to once a day. It's really up to you and what works for you.

I would do some further research on it though if I were you.


"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

@John Iverson Great, hope you have an enjoyable experience with it :)

Maybe start with once a week, then you can try increasing it to once a day. It's really up to you and what works for you.

I would do some further research on it though if I were you.

You'll see my transformation in the future man!! 😉... 

noted man!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm an outlier being sensitive to weed but all it really did was make me couch stuck and sleepy with a hint of shower thoughts. 

I wouldn't advise weed as something to do every day. You won't realize how awful you feel until you sober up. I've know many daily smokers who take a break and just feel more alive and energetic after quitting. They didn't realize it because being high was their new default state. Daily smoking creates a habit as well that can be hard to break or create pressure when others do it around you. 

I use personally use caffeine and hoping to move to modafinil if I can only when I absolutely need the focus boost. 

Edited by Shadowraix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marihuana use is (potentially) associated with increased risk of lung cancer and inflammation of the respiratory tract. I would say that beats any potential benefit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Iverson said:

So weed cannot produce benefits really??

Did you even read my post? I said "in my experience " do you know what that means? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

I'm an outlier being sensitive to weed but all it really did was make me couch stuck and sleepy with a hint of shower thoughts. 

I wouldn't advise weed as something to do every day. You won't realize how awful you feel until you sober up. I've know many daily smokers who take a break and just feel more alive and energetic after quitting. They didn't realize it because being high was their new default state. Daily smoking creates a habit as well that can be hard to break or create pressure when others do it around you. 

I use personally use caffeine and hoping to move to modafinil if I can only when I absolutely need the focus boost. 

 

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Marihuana use is (potentially) associated with increased risk of lung cancer and inflammation of the respiratory tract. I would say that beats any potential benefit? 

Okay! These 2 are noted!!! 

Edited by John Iverson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, weed made me only paranoid and I became addicted to it, I wanted to do everything high on weed. However, I recently tried a full spectrum cannabis oil and it has all the good qualities I always wanted to have from weed, without the high, paranoia effects and no risk to overload the lungs by smoking it to often. Maybe this is what you are looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson I wouldn’t do it. And I definitely would not try Kratom. That’s even more addicting.

Unless you’re extremely mature and disciplined, I wouldn’t  try weed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got multiple awakenings on weed, and I consider it good for relative insights as well.

 

Edit: I only use sativa's which for me is more mind altering than indica. When I use indica, I only get body effects and not a lot of mind effects.

I like amnesia haze for contemplation 

Edited by JonasVE12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@John Iverson I wouldn’t do it. And I definitely would not try Kratom. That’s even more addicting.

Unless you’re extremely mature and disciplined, I wouldn’t  try weed. 

Please elaborate, it smells like you are skeptical rather you you know things because you have a massive research about weed 😅.. so please elaborate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

I got multiple awakenings on weed, and I consider it good for relative insights as well.

I will love to hear your insights and stories about weed, does it help you? If yes say something about it.. i will gather interesting stories here and possibilites for me to try it with inspiration rather negative motivation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Iverson said:

I will love to hear your insights and stories about weed, does it help you? If yes say something about it.. i will gather interesting stories here and possibilites for me to try it with inspiration rather negative motivation

For example, once I was sitting outside with a friend, while smoking some weed, at some insight hit me about the duality between my body and the external world, and I realised there is no external world, and that that duality is a projection your mind creates (every duality is). The cells in my body do make it convincing that I'm seperate from reality, right? From that time, my awareness started dis-identifying with my physical body

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I think on the street, there is more chance of people getting some indica strain instead of sativa, and for me, indica is all body and almost no altering thought patterns, when my thought patterns get altered, I automatically get in a contemplative state which makes insights come really easy for me. 

Keep in mind that people on here commenting that weed is of no use may not have experience with sativa strains because of the weed that gets sold on the street is indica dominant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Iverson I’ve used weed for meditation for years now but in your case I don’t think it’s a good fit. I’m a proponent of marijuana use in this regard but not for ADHD, it’s seems to me that it would be more of a detriment then a positive thing for you. Especially if you’re new to weed. Leo says that there are better things to overcoming ADHD and he’s right. Proper diet (this is huge), exercise, yoga, meditation. These are what you want. 
 

As for Kratom, I’ve tried that too. It’s basically a legal opiate and you will feel euphoric on it. Meaning you will get high and it has withdrawals just like opiates. At least it did for me. Also I found kratom to be a “dirty high” - your head a cloudy and you don’t feel so great in your body. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

Keep in mind that people on here commenting that weed is of no use may not have experience with sativa strains because of the weed that gets sold on the street is indica dominant. 

@JonasVE12 Sativa all the way baby! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now