VeganAwake

Becoming nobody to be everything

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I have only been active on this forum for about a month or so and oh man is it addicting haha. It is a great resource to feel connected and share the experience together as one.

I thought I would share a quick story about my Enlightenment experience and a little about myself so here goes...

I have been serving in the US Navy Seabees for 18 years here in Port Hueneme California. I'm 37 years old and coming up on 3 years ago, Me and my wife decided to go vegan overnight after watching food choices on Netflix ..but not just vegan lol a Whole Food plant-based vegan diet minimizing salt oil and sugar. Needless to say it was a huge paradigm shift that I didn't realize at the time would change my life forever. That paradigm shift triggered something in me that is kind of hard to explain.. I felt more attached to Nature than I've ever felt in my entire life. After 3 months I knew I would eat a vegan diet for the rest of my life. I lost 12lbs and felt healthier than I've ever felt. Basically I started catching on to the power I had to change my life. I also started realizing this person I called myself what's causing a lot of pain and suffering to my wife and 2 kids at the time. I was tired of the constant arguing struggle for control and pain and suffering I was causing myself and my family. I knew I was going to change I just didn't know how yet. After studying diet and nutrition to death literally LOL.... I moved on to a much deeper topic. The truth of existence/Is god real/what's the meaning of life. I spent hundreds of hours watching videos and sorting through the wheat and the chaff as Leo likes to say of all this material plucking out the kernels of Truth in everything I read and or watched. I read about a half-dozen books on spirituality. One book in particular that helped me a lot was called a Seekers guide which taught me how to meditate. Also Around that same time I discovered a book by Eckhart Tolle The Power of Now. This book was very hard for me to understand at first but slowly I started to understand it little by little. At this point I had started meditating for about 20 minutes a day and I remember falling on my knees at one point and begging that I wanted to change I was tired of the pain I was causing my family. I remember surrendering and simultaneously knowing that I would never give up until I found what I needed for change in my life. Even just after a few months of meditating I started noticing a subtle difference the world seemed more colorful I started noticing the birds singing nature was calling for me so to speak. I knew something was happening deep down but it was so subtle I just thought it was the effects of meditation and going vegan. I continued with meditation and about a year later I deployed to Okinawa Japan. I had my own room and continued my meditation practice and started doing yoga every morning. Although I missed my wife and kids very much it was very nice not having any distractions in the morning and evening during my meditation and studying. Around two months into my deployment I stumbled onto actualized.org. I watched almost all of Leo's videos including Collective ego and all the Spiral Dynamics vids. At the time I resonated with Stages green yellow and a little turquoise. My center of gravity was definitely yellow. I would say I'm 50% yellow 50% turquoise at this point according to Leo's descriptions anyways. At this point even during my breaks at work I would sit on the toilet seat in the stall pretending I was using the bathroom and meditate for 5 or 10 minutes whenever I could on top of my morning and evening practice. I kept hearing the same information over and over again in different ways: Enlightenment is a falling away and realization... not a gaining of knowledge. When I first heard it I didn't understand it but then I started catching on to what it meant. I felt like I could do this but I still didn't know how. One morning I got a vision and it all came together. I realized that everything I thought I was, was just an opinion and idea or I believe. I pictured all the layers or labels of my false self that I've been creating since birth and Drew them onto a diagram. That evening I started shedding the layers, I was completely aware that none of these layers and labels were actually me, they were just my beliefs of who I thought I was. When I was done I felt empty and light, I felt like I was nothing and yet everything at the same time. The next day I was feeling very peaceful and at around 10 a.m. I realized the constant Mind chatter had stopped and everything was quiet. The Whirlwind of constant thinking had ceased. Later that day I started seeing how everyone was running around in the rat race, unconscious of what was really going on ...they were stuck in The Matrix and I was the only one aware on the entire base it felt like. Part of me wanted to start shouting wake up everybody you're being tricked. But I didn't feel like that would go over so well haha. Later that day I realized it was my own mind keeping me in the illusion the entire time... here is something I wrote during the experience: " I have jailbroken my mind I feel free my mind isn't holding the power any longer the egos tricks are dissolving in the light of the truth the universe is smiling and saying you were never bound to begin with you were always free". 

When the curtain is pulled back like in The Wizard of Oz and you see your ego saying never mind The Man Behind the Green curtain it's almost laughable and at the same time you give it credit for how sneaky that little bugger truly is.

After this happens your life starts changing very quickly. You realize this is the beginning of something incredible.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

27 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Hello everyone I have only been active on this forum for about a month or so and oh man is it addicting haha. It is a great resource to feel connected and share the experience together as one.

I thought I would share a quick story about my Enlightenment experience and a little about myself so here goes...

I have been serving in the US Navy Seabees for 18 years here in Port Hueneme California. I'm 37 years old and coming up on 3 years ago, Me and my wife decided to go vegan overnight after watching food choices on Netflix ..but not just vegan lol a Whole Food plant-based vegan diet minimizing salt oil and sugar. Needless to say it was a huge paradigm shift that I didn't realize at the time would change my life forever. That paradigm shift triggered something in me that is kind of hard to explain.. I felt more attached to Nature than I've ever felt in my entire life. After 3 months I knew I would eat a vegan diet for the rest of my life. I lost 12lbs and felt healthier than I've ever felt. Basically I started catching on to the power I had to change my life. I also started realizing this person I called myself what's causing a lot of pain and suffering to my wife and 2 kids at the time. I was tired of the constant arguing struggle for control and pain and suffering I was causing myself and my family. I knew I was going to change I just didn't know how yet. After studying diet and nutrition to death literally LOL.... I moved on to a much deeper topic. The truth of existence/Is god real/what's the meaning of life. I spent hundreds of hours watching videos and sorting through the wheat and the chaff as Leo likes to say of all this material plucking out the kernels of Truth in everything I read and or watched. I read about a half-dozen books on spirituality. One book in particular that helped me a lot was called a Seekers guide which taught me how to meditate. Also Around that same time I discovered a book by Eckhart Tolle The Power of Now. This book was very hard for me to understand at first but slowly I started to understand it little by little. At this point I had started meditating for about 20 minutes a day and I remember falling on my knees at one point and begging that I wanted to change I was tired of the pain I was causing my family. I remember surrendering and simultaneously knowing that I would never give up until I found what I needed for change in my life. Even just after a few months of meditating I started noticing a subtle difference the world seemed more colorful I started noticing the birds singing nature was calling for me so to speak. I knew something was happening deep down but it was so subtle I just thought it was the effects of meditation and going vegan. I continued with meditation and about a year later I deployed to Okinawa Japan. I had my own room and continued my meditation practice and started doing yoga every morning. Although I missed my wife and kids very much it was very nice not having any distractions in the morning and evening during my meditation and studying. Around two months into my deployment I stumbled onto actualized.org. I watched almost all of Leo's videos including Collective ego and all the Spiral Dynamics vids. At the time I resonated with Stages green yellow and a little turquoise. My center of gravity was definitely yellow. I would say I'm 50% yellow 50% turquoise at this point according to Leo's descriptions anyways. At this point even during my breaks at work I would sit on the toilet seat in the stall pretending I was using the bathroom and meditate for 5 or 10 minutes whenever I could on top of my morning and evening practice. I kept hearing the same information over and over again in different ways: Enlightenment is a falling away and realization... not a gaining of knowledge. When I first heard it I didn't understand it but then I started catching on to what it meant. I felt like I could do this but I still didn't know how. One morning I got a vision and it all came together. I realized that everything I thought I was, was just an opinion and idea or I believe. I pictured all the layers or labels of my false self that I've been creating since birth and Drew them onto a diagram. That evening I started shedding the layers, I was completely aware that none of these layers and labels were actually me, they were just my beliefs of who I thought I was. When I was done I felt empty and light, I felt like I was nothing and yet everything at the same time. The next day I was feeling very peaceful and at around 10 a.m. I realized the constant Mind chatter had stopped and everything was quiet. The Whirlwind of constant thinking had ceased. Later that day I started seeing how everyone was running around in the rat race, unconscious of what was really going on ...they were stuck in The Matrix and I was the only one aware on the entire base it felt like. Part of me wanted to start shouting wake up everybody you're being tricked. But I didn't feel like that would go over so well haha. Later that day I realized it was my own mind keeping me in the illusion the entire time... here is something I wrote during the experience: " I have jailbroken my mind I feel free my mind isn't holding the power any longer the egos tricks are dissolving in the light of the truth the universe is smiling and saying you were never bound to begin with you were always free". 

When the curtain is pulled back like in The Wizard of Oz and you see your ego saying never mind The Man Behind the Green curtain it's almost laughable and at the same time you give it credit for how sneaky that little bugger truly is.

After this happens your life starts changing very quickly. You realize this is the beginning of something incredible.

Cool, but becoming "nobody " (I guess believing you become someone without an identity), doesn't automatically makes you what you think. 

Remember, the pizza analogy. A slice of pizza can never be more than a part of the whole. All slices together make up the whole, a single slice is a single slice. You're the slingle slice, your mother is another, and each slice combined is what makes up "everything".

Btw, we don't even know what makes up 'everything', that we are part of, and what relies beyond us, as pieces. Sure, we can talk about consciousness, and is indeed way mysterious than we think, but many theories differ, and we should consider each subjective point carefully.

Edited by daramantus

4 minutes ago, daramantus said:

Cool, but becoming nobody doesn't automatically make you what you think.

Remember, the pizza analogy. A slice of pizza can never be more than a part of the whole. All slices together make up the whole, a single slice is a single slice. You're the slingle slice, your mother is another, and each slice combined is what makes up "everything"  

The very essence of this pregnant nothingness is the essence of existence I'm sure of it...

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Nahm  haha thank you very much. you are great as well it took me a long time to write it... there's a lot of other realizations and things I didn't mention but those were the main factors.

Have a good evening

Edited by VeganAwake

@VeganAwake Welcome to the forum and thanks for your contributions. You have an interesting life story. I especially like that part about you vision of awakening. There are so many different entrances. Sometimes I read someone explain it and I'm like "Yea, it's like that. I've never thought about it like that before". Great stuff. 

@Serotoninluv  Thank you. Yes it's been quite an experience, and it still continues to unfold every day a little bit at a time. I believe I was going through a slow Awakening already and then I sped up the process by a lot of meditation and triggered what I have come to learn as a Samadhi type experience during this awakening. If you are interested in hearing a similar experience, check out the: Daniel Schmidt Buddha at the gas pump interview and producer of Samadhi (Maya the illusion of the self) movie. His experience of Samadhi mimicked my own experience which I found very interesting that I stumbled on this movie within 2 weeks after my experience. Felt like the Divine was sending me a resource because I was so confused at what had happened.

Other than attention pats on the back and above ego trip what is the point in Sharing all of that?

@MAYA EL I understand... I'm here to help wake up humanity. You can private message me anytime if you ever want to talk or need assistance with anything related.

Thank you!!

Edited by VeganAwake

19 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

@MAYA EL I understand... I'm here to help wake up humanity. You can private message me anytime if you ever want to talk or need assistance with anything related.

Thank you!!

Why do you think they need waking up? And what makes you think you are awake and can help them wake up?. I remember when I get martial arts it was fairly well known that the master is the person that has mastered every aspect of the martial arts and can perform every move perfectly and because of this they are qualified to teach and if you are not at this level you can still teach but under the supervision of the master because you may accidentally teach some part of the move wrong to a student and not know that you did it wrong and then that student not know and then 200 years from now we have a terribly flawed martial arts and so it has to be done under the supervision until it has been perfected.

And as far as I know no person has perfected life no person is even made it to the finish line and then come back to tell us what it was like. At best everybody's assuming.

Now I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just bringing it up to see if you thought about it

@MAYA EL Good questions... because waking up increases Consciousness, and Consciousness is the truth and Truth is our nature... I'm not forcing anyone just offering my assistance. I guess you would have to trust that somebody is awake and can safely guide others to this realization.( Enlightenment is difficult to prove because it's a realization of what is already true but hidden behind a veil of Illusion). 

Enlightenment is a dispelling of ignorance. It's a falling away of the false self and simultaneously a realization of what's true. It's not a process to be feared or a gaining of knowledge that may be incorrect.

I completely understand and you are correct to be skeptical because there is a lot of misleading information out there about awakening. My best advice is to follow your heart do what you think is best!

Have a good day!! I am here to help anyone seeking it.

It took me awhile but I found one of my first post before I had ever watched a Tony Parsons or Jim Newman video...

@VeganAwake

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

It took me awhile but I found one of my first post before I had ever watched a Tony Parsons or Jim Newman video...

Breadcrumbs..... 

One day you will see Alpha knew this stuff very well and was right all along. 

Infinite Love. ❤️

3 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@VeganAwake Great story man

Thanks brother I appreciate that...

I'm tripping out because it feels like I wrote this 2 years ago...

Its weird lol...

On 9/30/2019 at 8:01 PM, VeganAwake said:

this is the beginning of something incredible.

♥️?? Love you!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

46 minutes ago, Nahm said:

♥️?? Love you!

I love you too brother!! ❤  it's unconditional & unwavering.