Ibn Sina

I don't find many enlightened professionals.

105 posts in this topic

All I see is 'enlightened masters' and the only thing great about them is that they are enlightened. They only talk about spirituality, how to be enlightened 24/7. There are monks and sannyasins who have dedicated their entire life for meditation and enlightenment.

I find this very problematic. There should be enlightened doctors, enlightened politicians, enlightened columnists, chess grandmasters and  politicians. 
Spirituality should penetrate into the dual, only then can it be really meaningful and powerful.

The world cannot be run only by monks. Not everyone can go and dedicate 24 hours on spirituality. That would be the collapse of economy, there would be no buisnessmen, programmers, engineers, pilots. 

But what it looks like is that spirituality is a 24 job, and if you want to be enlightened then you have no choice to but to go all in. But its not possible for everyone.
And also I don't think that it's impossible to have 'enlightened professionals who make good money'. It's just about having the right balance. It's easy to pull off at least 10,000 hours of intense spirituality and psychedelic training by the end of your life, no matter which profession you are in.

My rational mind says its not impossible, but empirically I don't find many such people.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Therein you have the exact point that Leo is trying to make with self-actualization  and sainthood, instead of zen lifestyle and fictious monk lifestyle. The reason being because once you discover everything is you, what need to sit in a cave and piss on soil? 

How did you come across the idea , any idea? 

It is not like BC and 500 AD where people were isolated, we live in a global economy and therefore as such would naturally gravitate towards these things. 

Hence the life purpose course. 

Meaningless going full circle to meaningful 

But i guess that from the past , i said its pointless, now it doesn't feel pointless. Still in the grand scheme of things, its a different story. 

Edited by Aakash

10 minutes ago, Aakash said:

How did you come across the idea , any idea

This  question comes from reflecting on my own life. I am a busy person who has to spend a lot of time in education/money making, but I am also interested in spirituality and think it is one of the chief purposes of life, however  it does not generate good money and food as effectively as other professions.

Also, I find too much suffering and pain in the dualistic world, where money and status is god, and  because of people seeking that there is too much suffering. At the same time, I find that the dual should not be completed eliminated like that of the monks.

I think 'enlightened professionals' is the highest ideal that should be strived for. Yes, being an Arhat is not bad, but if everyone became an Arhat, then the world will perish into parinirvana.

That is why Osho used to rank Krishna as much more higher than the Buddha. Here was a man who had mastered both the dual and the non-dual.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My point was that you learnt about the idea of having enlightened professionals from Leo. 

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

My point was that you learnt about the idea of having enlightened professionals from Leo. 

In which video did he talk about that ? May be he influenced me, but I don't know where he has said about that, you can help me.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Is the conflict between the two actual or conceptual? Sincerely asking because I don’t understand what you’re saying

@Nahm All I am saying is I don't find many 'enlightened professionals' (whose meaning I have already in my original post). That's all. If you know any such people who are like that, then you can tell me. 

A few that come to my mind is- poets like Kabir and Rumi. But again, that's not a huge contrast. The space between poetry and spirituality is not as huge as , physicists and spiritual teacher.

Imagine Sadhguru was a PhD Nuclear physicist or a  Stock analyst. How many people like that have you met? That's what I am asking.

Edited by Ibn Sina

Just now, Mikael89 said:

You can't know who is enlightened

There are signs.

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Should they have a rainbow over them wherever they go? Should they travel on a cloud? Should they tell you that they are enlightened when they see you?

An enlightened being will show the traits that are the consequence of a dissolved ego and the embracing of the totality of existence.

Edited by Ibn Sina

@Ibn Sina John Hagelin comes to mind. I believe he’s a physicist with a PhD in consciousness. He seems woke well ahead of his time to me. There’s a few S.A.N.D. videos of his presentations on YouTube.  

I get what you’re saying now, there’s a couple perspectives to it and I was a bit stuck in the other. 

What are you thinking / meaning by “enlightened”? I know it’s a loaded question, but defining, or really, expressing how you currently see it, would probably lead to seeing there are more than you’re thinking. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I wouldn't count on that

Then what would you count on?

There are plenty of enlightened, some very deeply so, professionals in the world. I’ve met plenty of them. I hung out with one whose a friend of mine who studied under Ralston personally for 8 years 2 days ago. It’s just turns out that they don’t really care to talk about it (which I personally find very refreshing). 

Edited by kieranperez

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What are you thinking / meaning by “enlightened”?

One who has forever stopped 'egoic' suffering , the kind that arises out of ignorance.  His suffering has the presence of the TRUTH, and sees suffering much more clearly.

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

How would a enlightened cashier show you those traits?

I won't go into details (which is huge. Buddhists have done investigation for 1000s of years)
For starters, I will say, he walks and talks like the Buddha. He is calm all the time, and never angry (just an example, it's not confined to this alone)

4 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Nothing. I can't know who is enlightened and who isn't.

With that  logic, you also don't know whether I am an alien or a human and vice versa. This is a problem discussed by Neil de grasse Tyson in a youtube video that I don't remember.

Just now, Aakash said:

Video on blog about finding a deeper love, than absolute love

May be I have psychic powers such that I can download information from Leo's blog into my mind without physically reading it.

What is the date where he wrote? Or could you give me the link.

I work in the field of Medicine and have had many awakening experiences and although I wouldn't presume to call myself enlightened, the experiences have brought me to a place of radical self-honesty via which I have concluded that perfect presence and non-dual existence will be of little abiding benefit when one works in a health system that is crumbling, where doctors do a half-assed job because the concept of time applies and the practical capacity to listen to a patient, stare into the distance for 30 seconds before offering a clinical insight (as the guru might do whilst earning his living) is not viable.