21 posts in this topic

Who is getting insulted?

Who is being defended?

Who is being attacked?

Why should I defend it?

Why survive?

Who is trying yo survive?

Who is feeling angry?

I have a history of losing my temper very easily when I get insulted. Specially in metaphoric or indirect ways. But it's been much different lately.

I am indistructable. What I am cannot be defended, because the thing attacking it and the thing defending it are me.

No wonder my life is getting happier thousand folds in this 1.5 years.

Yesterday while driving I cut in front of someone, twice, as the lanes merged into one to detour around some construction. They were PISSED and honked relentlessly at me despite the “every other car” rule I decided to follow.  There fisteness got my heart beat elevated and a slight strain in my breath but I didn’t let it go to my head. In my eyes this had been necessary, despite this woman flipping me the bird after the fact, yet I could see her pain and anger in my action. There was nothing I could do for her state of mind 

Driving a car must the more transformative experience one can have, to raise the consciousness or to lower it. Hehehe

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse Shinzen Young said it took him 20 years to be completely detached from the frustration he would get in trafic and trafic stops. 20. Years. Lol.

2 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@abrakamowse Shinzen Young said it took him 20 years to be completely detached from the frustration he would get in trafic and trafic stops. 20. Years. Lol.

Luckily we have actualized.org episode podcasts to listen to in traffic nowadays

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 9/17/2019 at 11:09 AM, Esoteric said:

Hahaha that's makes me feel better. I'm not the only one hehehe... 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

This is a good idea, RAISE YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS BY BEING INSULTED!!!

Motherf*cker be your name, and the daily insult give it to us today and forgive us when we don't insult enough our neighbors Lol

Just plaster your car with....

FB_IMG_1568591574045.jpg

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@abrakamowse I believe it was eckhart tolle who said to use every waking moment you’re doing nothing to become mindful of the present moment but people can easily misinterpret this and instead of reacting they begin rejecting experience which may lead to the suppression of emotions so I agree if you feel INSULTED!!! See if you can do this consciously so there’s the created space for integration in the future 

Edited by DrewNows

Rahhhted, I would have switched on a next level 

if someone tried to insult me. 

This emotion i'm feeling right now, i wouldn't know how to get rid of it . So i understand you actually 

Honestly, its this very thing. No matter how bad your situation is, there is always someone worse off than you 

If you understand this one line, you can no longer get angry at anyone but yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Honestly, its this very thing. No matter how bad your situation is, there is always someone worse off than you 

If you understand this one line, you can no longer get angry at anyone but yourself. 

Im not sure that’s taking responsibility for the situation lol 

why couldn’t you get angry because of the obvious? Does what other people are doing matter to you when someone else is “wronging” you? 

@DrewNows  Not sure,    wasn't it your fault they were wronging you? isn't there something else you could have done in the past, that if you just realised quicker would have solved your problem? 

I.e if your ugly, you could have gone to the gym. 

I.e if your not attractive, you could have worked and could have gone and bought a car ? 

See you can always spin it to be your fault. Because who else can you blame for being in that situation LOL. you have to stop blaming people by the time your 18. That's it. 

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

DrewNows  Not sure,    wasn't it your fault they were wronging you? isn't there something else you could have done in the past, that if you just realised quicker would have solved your problem? 

Why would it be my fault they cut me off in traffic, made fun of my skinny arms, or long hair? 

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

I.e if your ugly, you could have gone to the gym. 

I.e if your not attractive, you could have worked and could have gone and bought a car ? 

You’re saying I should have known better than to show my face in the gym or not expect to be cut off or “disrespected” in traffic? 

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

See you can always spin it to be your fault. Because who else can you blame for being in that situation LOL. you have to stop blaming people by the time your 18. That's it. 

You can also argue it’s not my fault. Because it’s not something that’s in your control according to the specific perspective and world view, ie contracted mind 

You see there are certain personality types and mindsets which equate to the “me vs the world” outlook. We have the pessimistic who only gets more bitter as they grow older, then we have the victim who is always afraid of stepping on people’s toes until perhaps they burst and let out their rage on some undeserving family member or clueless driver. 

We can’t tell these humans to stop thinking this way because it invalidates them as people. 

Of course taking responsibility is great. But we must encourage awareness of the self to perhaps go beyond this perspective once it no longer suits them 

@DrewNows yes of course one goes beyond the perspective. i'm saying thats the perspective they should start with. Eventually you will get to a stage where the basics of your life are sorted emotionally, financially and even spiritually because its an inward assessment. That you will let the moments happen to you, instead of introspecting. 

Introspecting is always done at the begginning of life, not towards the end. If you've done it at the end, its because you never did it at the beginning. its not something you can avoid. You truly do not know anything, so you introspect. Learning is introspecing because you are inquiring into the nature of the self. 

With this eventually when the self presents you with situations, you have the knowledge and wisdom to handle such a situation. 

Simply put there is a quote that i found profound from a young age

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. 

Do the mathematical numeracy for this quote and you'll find, the solution to a problem is not to react in the initial manner you were going to react. This means that it would take at least 24 hours before you can make a decision about what to do. See, if someone punches you in the face. You would have to wait 24 hours to knock them out. 

When your angry and thinking how he's wronged done you, maybe you will have 24 hours to think how you created the situation instead of being put in the hospital or putting someone else in a hospital. Critical thinking takes a long time, it's not something that you make quick decisions on. All critical thinking leads to wisdom. 

Simply put if your friend is punched, do you punch the guy ? 

The answer is obviously no, an eye for an eye makes the problems worse. Too bad, your going to knock that motherfucker out because he hurt your friend for survival. That's fine , knock them out. But if they punch you, you don't punch them. Unless they are doing it seriously. If its life or death, then you get a knife. (not that i've been in that situation, just i wouldn't hesistate if my flight or fight responses come down to it because i've already critically thought about the situation by resolving it as simply as possible) 

I will tell you a story, i once had a girlfriend and she was getting bullied and you know it was friendly lets say how kids are. So i let it go on for a bit then it got too much. So i said stop, we had a little scuff, so he said come to the park after and well settle things there. I didn't go to the park, he had 20 guys waiting there. See an eye for an eye + critical thinking. 

Edited by Aakash

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

i'm saying thats the perspective they should start with.

unfortunately people aren't always dealt such a great hand. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logic/rationality will not change a personality. Interaction from the personality is surface level, but this doesn't stop the delving into silly mind games. Awareness needs to be brought upon the suffering and self understanding. Introspection is not just a beginning of life ordeal, it's reoccurring or one becomes quite ignorant (at least until true self is realized) 

Edited by DrewNows

Yes i'm not saying everyone should do it. I'm just saying that you have to let your thoughts process then emotions process, then eat something, drink some water, take a piss, have some good night sleep, then wake up and now your ready to make a decision. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash yeah letting go is a delicate process. Anger comes out of no where, for most who experience it. For those who see it coming, they are consciously choosing to express it in a given situation.