Michael Paul

You must surrender the illusion of personal will

20 posts in this topic

The ultimate surrender to the Self is the surrendering of your personal will as a body-mind-ego complex. This means that the God/Self’s Will will be done through you permanently, and your ego finally steps aside to allow the Godhead (which we all are) to operate through the body-mind organism. 

This can only be accomplished through Grace, which means that it will only happen if the Self allows it to happen. But when you experience this ultimate surrender, you simultaneously realize that the God/Self’s Will has always been done through you —you never actually had control as an ego. Of course, you as the Self have total control. But the body-mind-ego does not.

Edited by Michael Paul

The origin of the word "person" is "persona" from Latin. Persona refers to someone wearing a theatrical mask.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

You are the ego you cant put your ego down and become some higher being because is all that is happening is your ego simply found a new mask to play with because your still the selfish ego only now your pretending to be a guru.

Remember "ego" is a term for your outward emotional expressions and not a separate person in you .

@MAYA EL  that's interesting...are you saying that every outwardly action is the ego fulfilling its self agenda in disguise?

In my experience it feels like as long as I stay conscious I can avoid my ego coming in the back door and sabotaging a situation.

And the longer I stay conscious the more it deflates. I really feel like I just bounce back and forth from Consciousness to Maya.

I definitely do not identify with my masks for long I catch on to it and drop them as soon as possible.

How do you handle this kind of situation? 

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@MAYA EL Ego is the identification mechanism with the totality of the body-mind system. You cannot get rid of the ego, that’s not what I was talking about. It’s still “there”, but you realize the Self beyond all identification with an individual organism-mind.

On 9/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, Michael Paul said:

God/Self’s Will has always been done through you —you never actually had control as an ego.

Correct!

It just "feels" like it.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Werner Ablass, an enlightened master in Germany teached as well the illusion of free will. But he said:

The cup of coffee is also an illusion, nevertheless I like to drink it.

9 hours ago, Sadalsuud said:

The cup of coffee is also an illusion, nevertheless I like to drink it.

Haha, yes. This is the type of statement that used to drive me crazy when I was confined within rationality. Now I drive some people crazy by saying these types of things. lol

On 9/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, Michael Paul said:

you simultaneously realize that the God/Self’s Will has always been done through you —you never actually had control as an ego. Of course, you as the Self have total control. But the body-mind-ego does not

@Michael Paul

on a film set, does the actor have TOTAL CONTROL before or after the director says CUT!

or is it ONLY the actor who was ever in control... both in real and for the character he was playing?

:)

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei The actor and the director are the same being experiencing life through different egos, and they don’t control anything from their vantage point in waking consciousness. Only on a higher plane of existence... ?

@Michael Paul of course :)

was speaking from the relative perspective.

you can never go meta-reality which is why it is TRULY impossible to talk about

but you can understand via analogy... how nothing changes but everything changes!

Love Is The Answer

I just had a question come to me during my evening sitting. What about when I need to face my fears, be courageous, have some backbone and do something difficult, against my inner resistance? Don't I need some will-power and egoic guts to get it done? 

Or is this whole struggle only going to happen while I'm still stuck in the dualist ego belief? After I fully surrender to The Self etc, then there's no struggles therefore no need for courage?

Nick.

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

@MuddyBoots The Self will guide you through the trials and tribulations you face in your human life. You just gotta trust that whatever happens is for the best of not only you as an individual ego, but “everyone and everything else”. 

Struggles still happen after enlightenment, but you are no longer attached to the outcome of your thoughts and actions.

@Michael Paul "You" "must" "surrender" the illusion of personal will ?

How to surrender the illusion of personal will ?

Who is doing that ?

How to do it ? - pls explain giving some real time examples.

@Michael Paul The funny part is that the ego doesn't have any control whatsoever but only when that is seen then surrender of the personal will happens. Happens as in no one controlling the surrender.

Don't try to surrender as a means to get rid of the personal will, that is just the personal will trying to get rid of itself.

@Jkris It’s more of a pointer toward the realization that you don’t actually have a personal will in the first place. Of course there is no “you” (at least not as a separate self) who surrenders anything, the surrender happens through the real Self’s grace.

@WelcometoReality Yes, exactly. I find it hard to convey some of these concepts through language, but that’s ultimately correct. The Self controls the surrender, Self being existence beyond ego.

Edited by Michael Paul

14 hours ago, Jkris said:

How to do it ?

@Jkris there is no real doing

there is only a RECOGNITION that it is ALREADY the case.

HOW does someone, who is searching his entire room for an hour for his spectacles, realize that he is already wearing the spectacles he is looking for?

HOW?

he simply NOTICES and RECOGNIZES it. thereby, ending his search.

similar idea here.

it IS already the case. and "similar" because well, the one who is searching isn't YOU

YOU are watching the ONE who is searching and in YOUR WATCHING... you BECOME the One Searching.

YOU're like a person in our world who is watching a 1st person movie via VR Headset and is trying to escape the VR world AS the 1st-person character (whose eyes/body he is looking thru)

you're NOT JKRIS

just take off the VR headset and KNOW You are already ( & were always) free!

Love Is The Answer

1 hour ago, Michael Paul said:

@Jkris It’s more of a pointer toward the realization that you don’t actually have a personal will in the first place. Of course there is no “you” (at least not as a separate self) who surrenders anything, the surrender happens through the real Self’s grace.

@WelcometoReality Yes, exactly. I find it hard to convey some of these concepts through language, but that’s ultimately correct. The Self controls the surrender, Self being existence beyond ego.

Yes, it can be hard to convey. You are doing a good job explaining it though. :) Early into the awakening here the mind have had a tendency to be noisy when talking about this but it has become more and more quiet recently which makes it alittle bit easier. 

On 9/16/2019 at 10:47 PM, VeganAwake said:

@MAYA EL  that's interesting...are you saying that every outwardly action is the ego fulfilling its self agenda in disguise?

In my experience it feels like as long as I stay conscious I can avoid my ego coming in the back door and sabotaging a situation.

And the longer I stay conscious the more it deflates. I really feel like I just bounce back and forth from Consciousness to Maya.

I definitely do not identify with my masks for long I catch on to it and drop them as soon as possible.

How do you handle this kind of situation? 

For the most part yes. The concept of ego has been misunderstood due to so many people hearing about it once or twice and not truly meditating on it and then telling the first person they see

in other words YouTube gurus.

Now that ego is your expression/Style/your personality now  originality was more of a term for a personality that's not desired something you want to get rid of/ Tech however it's still "you" so to "kill the ego" or get rid of it completely would be much like picking yourself up from your own bootstraps no matter how hard you pull your not going to levitate.

Now due to all the enchantment and spells people are under these days most people are slaves to thoughts and desires that are not truly their own and they're acting upon them  daily this is obviously different than the liberated person however even the liberated person has an ego the only difference is the ego is not under influence from those spells and social programming but it is still subject 2 delusions of grandeur and things of that sort

so the best you can do is truly be careful with the decisions you make and make sure you actually thought about them and if you've established your own set of fundamental values in life then test it against them and see if they are in line with them.

At the end of the day you cannot make an ego free decision you can only try to make sure you were aware of the decisions you made.