Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IndigoGeminiWolf

Is Enlightenment beyond experiencing?

12 posts in this topic

In his videos, Leo talks about the experience of being.

Reality is being.

But is true beingness even beyond experiencing?

Can you reach a state of no experience?

I'm not referring to sleep in between dreams when you don't experience, because you still have some level of perception I imagine.

Enlightenment is beyond experience in the sense that experience implies an experiencer. Perception implies perceiver, etc. The more subtle the I is, the more 'real' reality is. 

Non existence does not exist.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

To quote Leo:

"Enlightenment is not an experience. Enlightenment is the recontextualization of "experience" into Being/Absolute Truth."

@IndigoGeminiWolf enlightenment is the case even right now... you're just not aware of it.

you becoming enlightened is just you becoming aware of the fact that you were already enlightened 

this can be likened to the example of someone searching for their glasses which are already on their face... when he recognizes they were already on his face, that's enlightenment. 

a knowing.

a recognition.

so it is already the case... just waiting for you to spot it... recognize it... and you will only find it when you stop looking for it...

get this. normally, if something is lost and we stop searching for it... we do not find that thing. we have simply stopped the search or taken a break.

but with enlightenment, the stopping for the search for it is what let's you discover it! how can this be?

maybe because it was never lost to begin with! just like those glasses on the face - simply being overlooked. and the search because there is the belief that something is lost.

oh and of course you cannot stop searching for it... you're not the one searching, so how can you stop searching? 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

21 hours ago, IndigoGeminiWolf said:

Can you reach a state of no experience?

Yes, it's either deep anesthesia or cessation/Nibbana/fruition/Nirodha Samapatti 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@SoonHei lol that doesn't free one from illusion and suffering.

Sounds to me like Neo-advaitha stuff.

Self is beyond enlightenment and realisation and seeking.

To be from the illusion and to be free from suffering ego must go mind must be transformed and sense of identity must go that's the seeking-path practice is all about.

End of suffering means suffering must not appear in the first place.Non-violence means anger rage must not appear at all irrespective of what ever happens.Fearless means fear must not appear at all in the first place.

It is not just understanding I am not the body mind.

It is not just realising I am in a dream.

It is not just remaining in peace in meditation and not rest of the time.

In the matrix-with in the illusion how the enlightened mind acts in life situations disease death and all situations.

This is my understanding so for on enlightenment-buddhahood-Liberation-freedom.

????

3 minutes ago, Jkris said:

lol that doesn't free one from illusion and suffering.

yes.

but it highlights the futility in trying to fix/correct knowing the teaching notes that you cannot put fire out with gasoline.

wanting to correct situation, end seeking/suffering is what keeps it going

knowledge is heard and known

but dismissed... and rolled over

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

The very notion of "experience" is dualistic.

Yet that does not mean that colors and sounds must cease to reach Truth or God.

God is whatever is the case. So if you see red, that's God. If you see nothing at all, that too is God.

People report total loss of sensation sometimes, but that's not necessary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yeah It's the same. This becomes Love Cloud. I AM Love Cloud/Spirit. 

Being does not get recontextualized It's realized for What it Really is. I am pure Love eternally. There is no mask This is it. 

Perfectly understand That Heavenly Cloud analogy now. 

How to describes it in down to earth term. Life becomes more and more fluid like and not mechanical lets say. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Enlightenment is a recognition of who you are before you were told your first belief. 

Essentially a master can not tell you what enlightenment is , but they can tell you what it’s like or what it appears like 

they truly can only point to you. 

So the question is: 

what is experience ? 

Where did I learn this word/concept? 

Who told me, I am experiencing ? 

Then you take the counter-argument 

i am definitely experiencing, how can I not be ? 

Its obvious that I’m experiencing even the scientist say it! 

For each question, you either prove it or disprove it and move forward with the one you most think is true. Until you build the absolute truth 

but in Leo’s teachings 

the absolute truth = the present moment which is unconditional love. 

So if I happened to say death, reincarnation mahasamadhi is the absolute truth, it is partially true. However ultimately not true. 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash For God's sake. Silence That monkey mind. Look around. 

If you are sensations. What are YOU? Don't think. No effort. 

Until You get That a ha moment. 

@zeroISinfinity as the buddha said, 

there is a special kind of ignorance 

and ofcourse he is correct 

Especially when my assumptions of death are only assumptions predicated on false axioms. And being Teached in the first place. 

we could equate it all to

FEAR yes FEAR